One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-22 22:22:54

pennedgalaxy

Killed someone for the first time

So I've never killed anyone in game before but here comes a lady saying 'all blacks are slaves' and threatens to shoot me since I have dark skin in this life in game. Noticing the obvious threat this woman is I go and get a bow and kill her, I immediately get stabbed, BUT! I have enough time to explain what happened and I get healed!

Moral of the story nip problem people in the bud as quick as you can before they can do damage, I'm glad I didn't end up murdered there!

You'll see me often as Eve Mcabee and Eve Laurent. Or at least I'll try to be! These days it's hard spawning in as Eve, I usually end up as a baby in some town instead!

#2 2018-06-22 22:24:02

Trick

Re: Killed someone for the first time

pennedgalaxy wrote:

So I've never killed anyone in game before but here comes a lady saying 'all blacks are slaves' and threatens to shoot me since I have dark skin in this life in game. Noticing the obvious threat this woman is I go and get a bow and kill her, I immediately get stabbed, BUT! I have enough time to explain what happened and I get healed!

Moral of the story nip problem people in the bud as quick as you can before they can do damage, I'm glad I didn't end up murdered there!

Yay!

Kill all racists.  Don't let them play.

#3 2018-06-22 22:46:50

Realcooldude

Here here! Job well done!

#4 2018-06-22 23:46:57

ThatGirlOverThere

Good work !! xDDD

#5 2018-06-23 00:50:43

MidgetMaker

I'm the one that healed you!  That lady needed to go

#6 2018-06-23 00:53:54

pennedgalaxy

MidgetMaker wrote:

Thank you for that btw! I was fully expecting to die and was resigned to that since I wasn't sure if any one would believe me, but it needed to be done. I lived until 56 so thanks again for the heal, my guy!

You'll see me often as Eve Mcabee and Eve Laurent. Or at least I'll try to be! These days it's hard spawning in as Eve, I usually end up as a baby in some town instead!

#7 2018-06-23 00:55:41

MidgetMaker

pennedgalaxy wrote:
MidgetMaker wrote:

Thank you for that btw! I was fully expecting to die and was resigned to that since I wasn't sure if any one would believe me, but it needed to be done. I lived until 56 so thanks again for the heal, my guy!

no problem, i saw the lady talking about slaves so i knew why you did it.

#8 2018-06-23 01:26:57

Lotus

Yep. I saw her doing that too. I was the old man Jimmy that people talked about for “having issues.”

I had a secret bow and was about to get it to shoot her but saw you got it first. Good work.

Last edited by Lotus (2018-06-23 01:27:18)

#9 2018-06-23 01:33:47

Trick

Yay!

Faith in this community is restored big_smile

#10 2018-06-23 08:13:45

The_Llamacorn

I was afraid that this was gonna be one of those bragging griefers from the title, but I was gladly surprised to see an actual decent human and some others too! Faith restored.

Noobs are fine, but noobs that don't listen and refuse to learn, get on my nerves. Your ignorance will lead you to Donkey Town one day.

"Hugs from grandma"
-Rose Winter

#11 2018-06-23 15:49:42

TAIOAN

Praise!

Last edited by TAIOAN (2018-06-23 15:50:33)

I always give my children a lovely Tâigí(Taiwanese) name, súi(beautiful)!

#12 2018-06-24 01:53:37

YAHG

Killing is fine as long as it is people you don't like.
The moral posturing is lovely, nothing is as fun in our guilt based cultures as righteous hatred.
The delicious pleasure of sticking it to the asshole with none of the painful guilt.
The meta-level of imposing "mental-eugenics" on game-players for being evil racists is ironic as fuck.

Killing someone in game for threatening you death is pretty good reason. It is also kinda funny because racism doesn't
make sense in game because it actually IS only sprites and there is no real differences between the chars. Slavery doesn't
really make sense either as anyone who actually does any useful work can't help but be used by the more useless
people in town.

An interesting question this brings up is why is it worse to kill the black characters (there are no African models in game
at this point) than it is to kill the male characters? There are threads about how the evil murder should at least spare the
womenz as if they were more deserving of life. There was even a thread were when the blood god 'Dishnes' (sp?) took
vengeance on the amazon tribe for murdering him for being a boy and people mostly decried him as a griefer.

Ma-nish Tala Ha-liala Ha-zeh?(roughly) Why is this time different from the other times?

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#13 2018-06-24 03:08:52

pennedgalaxy

YAHG wrote:

Killing is fine as long as it is people you don't like.
The moral posturing is lovely, nothing is as fun in our guilt based cultures as righteous hatred.
The delicious pleasure of sticking it to the asshole with none of the painful guilt.
The meta-level of imposing "mental-eugenics" on game-players for being evil racists is ironic as fuck.

Killing someone in game for threatening you death is pretty good reason. It is also kinda funny because racism doesn't
make sense in game because it actually IS only sprites and there is no real differences between the chars. Slavery doesn't
really make sense either as anyone who actually does any useful work can't help but be used by the more useless
people in town.

An interesting question this brings up is why is it worse to kill the black characters (there are no African models in game
at this point) than it is to kill the male characters? There are threads about how the evil murder should at least spare the
womenz as if they were more deserving of life. There was even a thread were when the blood god 'Dishnes' (sp?) took
vengeance on the amazon tribe for murdering him for being a boy and people mostly decried him as a griefer.

Ma-nish Tala Ha-liala Ha-zeh?(roughly) Why is this time different from the other times?

I consider there to be a bit of a difference between letting males die in game because of the very limited tactical different and inability to create children which if your village is small or going through/has gone through a brief famine where everyone died and you don't have enough food around for a surplus of children, to be inherently different to seeing someone walking around the village with a bow and arrow saying some pretty edgy racist stuff and threatening to shoot people who were already working and killing them for being a threat.

I also don't support killing males in game either through inaction or murder unless there's a very good reason for it, we're all players after all and I dislike the idea of souring, even briefly, the experience of the game for anyone unless there's a real reason to do it.

It isn't worse to kill the black characters. It's just dickish being dickish, if I saw anyone threatening anyone and generally showing threatening behaviour to the stability of the town you do what needs to be done, that was just the specific instance of how that particular killing went down. I've since killed other people for a myriad of things now, mostly along the same vein of being an active threat although not the same exact circumstance.

Last edited by pennedgalaxy (2018-06-24 03:21:08)

#14 2018-06-24 04:52:50

YAHG

Good to hear dude. I don't care about edge-lords, but people are right
to put down murderers.

Hopefully now that we can heal peeps we can loose the weird 60s death slow.

Holy shit... the new age of gladiators has dawned...

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

Board footer