One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-21 15:00:52

Neo

Civilization isn't civilized people

This is just for people like BreezeKnight and Sc0rp always complaining about griefing. Violance is a thing that you need to accept, It's kill or be killed.

I've been on both ends of the knife, I've been killed plenty but it's not a big deal to me. Just respawn and start a new life, Build a new town if you have to. Nothing will last forever in this game even if there was everlasting peace towns would eventually die out.

You shouldn't expect every town to peaceful, You probably will be killed for your backpack and your right shoe. Perhaps next time you will take precautions to keep the knife away from crazy lunatics. You should remain vigilant at all times, Don't hang around people with weapons out. Don't stand still. If someone is suspicious or anti-social then you should definitely kill them first.

Anyway don't feel disheartened if your murdered, It's just a game after all.

Last edited by Neo (2018-06-21 15:16:30)

#2 2018-06-21 15:37:29

breezeknight

Re: Civilization isn't civilized people

just to make perfectly clear

i complain about ONE thing only - that i have NO OPTION to heal myself after an attack - that's it

#3 2018-06-21 15:38:48

Turnipseed

breezeknight wrote:

i complain about ONE thing only - that i have NO OPTION to heal myself after an attack - that's it

Jason said its coming just put the game down a while till it comes...

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#4 2018-06-21 15:39:55

breezeknight

Turnipseed wrote:
breezeknight wrote:

as far i know he wants to include the option to be healed by others, this is NOT THE SAME

#5 2018-06-21 16:22:42

Turnipseed

True enough

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#6 2018-06-21 16:28:45

TheRedBug

If someone stab me in the chest, chances are i won't be able to heal myslef. I'll fukin bleed to death and/or pass out.

If someone stab me in the chest, chances are others will be way better at healing my wounds than myself

Pain inflicted by others shall be healed by others

STEW! STEWWWWW!!!

#7 2018-06-21 21:53:57

breezeknight

TheRedBug wrote:

If someone stab me in the chest, chances are i won't be able to heal myslef. I'll fukin bleed to death and/or pass out.

If someone stab me in the chest, chances are others will be way better at healing my wounds than myself

Pain inflicted by others shall be healed by others

first, not every stabbing must end deadly or be serious, this is pure drama fiction

second, the killer doesn't need help to kill somebody, so why does the victim need help to heal ? this is still nothing but a bias towards easy kill

as i see it

pain inflicted by others will be increased by being even more dependend on others for being healed,
the victims are fucked in this scenario, double fucked

#8 2018-06-21 22:20:12

Rebel

If you can heal yourself, then these "griefers" would just heal themselves, adding the healing to the game, pretty much stops murders, as victims will get healed and the murders will get stabbed and cant heal. I don't really know why he would add a mechanic (murder) into the game that he then mitigates so easily but I guess there are alot of butthurt people who hate dying in a world where they only live for an hour anyway. and if you look at the stats, murder is low anyway and its HIGHLY more likely that you get killed by animals and NO ONE is asking for them to be mitigated.
AND STOP CALLING IT GRIEFING. Honestly, it's like when people on the sea of thieves moan about "griefing" when its literally a pirate game.

Last edited by Rebel (2018-06-21 22:21:18)

#9 2018-06-21 23:22:43

TheRedBug

You guys have to understand that whatever thing you can do, griefer can do as well.

Trying to stop someone from destroying something? Nop, cus he could hesl himself.
Also a severe knife wound to the middle of your chest, you can't fucking bandage it and it's a-ok, and yet this is how it'll works in the game.

STEW! STEWWWWW!!!

#10 2018-06-22 02:36:08

zennyrpg

Rebel wrote:

its HIGHLY more likely that you get killed by animals and NO ONE is asking for them to be mitigated.

Animals are not intelligent creatures who hunt you down.  Surely you can see why some people would complain about one and not the other?

Rebel wrote:

AND STOP CALLING IT GRIEFING.

This is not a pvp game.  Pvp is an option, but its not the focus.  If you kill just so you can have make the other person have as bad of time as possible or kill them to try to get them to quit the game completely, that is griefing.  If you shout racist shit while doing it you are just there to ruin other peoples experiences.

A little killing here and there is necessary or else you couldn't defend against people taking all your stuff or eating all your food.  Those are in game reasons.  Its "realplay."  Griefing is not that.

#11 2018-06-22 02:43:41

Neo

Healing seem a bit far fetched for the current time period, I don't see why not with later tech tho.

#12 2018-06-22 02:51:11

xxx90x

Neo always says the right thing. At least in his post record. I totally trust him.

#13 2018-06-22 05:35:07

Neo

xxx90x wrote:

Neo always says the right thing. At least in his post record. I totally trust him.

Thanks, I feel like your being sarcastic but I'll take the compliment anyway.

Anyway I read the dev logs and medicine is being added, Hope that BreezeKnight will celebrate by making a post that isn't bitching.

#14 2018-06-22 06:18:02

xxx90x

Neo wrote:
xxx90x wrote:

Thanks, I feel like your being sarcastic but I'll take the compliment anyway.

Anyway I read the dev logs and medicine is being added, Hope that BreezeKnight will celebrate by making a post that isn't bitching.

This is not sarcastic. This is true. I have affection for you.

#15 2018-06-22 06:48:12

Glassius

Neo wrote:

Healing seem a bit far fetched for the current time period

Iron age started about 1200 BC. Bandaging was described 2200 BC. The oldest evidence for treppaning is about 6500 BC. Tooth drilling 7000 BC. Neanderthal are known for nursing injuried and sick. It is definitely not to early in game for medicine.

#16 2018-06-22 22:03:55

lostlandofcarrots

I was in a fledgling town today, gen 5. I spent my entire life making food and tools and fetching stuff. When I was forty-fiftyish, we had gone from zero tools to axe, shovel, hoe, froe, pick and adze, we were making stew, and all that along with teaching some new players stuff.

It took one person. One. To end it all.

He didn't need to prepare. He didn't need to do anything. He just made a bow and arrow and killed all four fertile women. He even hung around camp most of the time. We couldn't defend ourselves, because all milkweed was depleted.

I don't care if it's realistic (which it isn't), or what have you. One person being able to destroy the effort of ten other people in a heartbeat is fucked up. It's bad game design.

#17 2018-06-22 22:08:35

forestglade

lostlandofcarrots wrote:

I don't care if it's realistic (which it isn't), or what have you. One person being able to destroy the effort of ten other people in a heartbeat is fucked up. It's bad game design.

Yep. And I thought the cure wound system would be simple. But it’s complex and I’ve only seen “nurses/doctors” in more complex towns that have stuff like a sheep pen.

Basically, useless for early gen farms.

#18 2018-06-22 22:24:50

JonySky
Website

At first I felt angry because the killers could make generations of effort disappear in the blink of an eye, but now I feel pity for the people who spend 30 minutes of their lives in order to have a weapon and kill some characters in 2D. .. they really have a problem ... they can not go to games like the PUBG because there they are nobody, and they believe that here they will be the kings of the hill ... nothing is further from their painful reality ... next time, do not feel anger, or frustration ... think that he is a sad person and you are going to start a new project

Last edited by JonySky (2018-06-22 22:25:21)

#19 2018-06-23 01:54:39

YAHG

I love when people get on their high horse and talk about how sad other people are..

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#20 2018-06-23 02:51:21

kubassa
Banned

Glassius wrote:
Neo wrote:

Iron age started about 1200 BC. Bandaging was described 2200 BC. The oldest evidence for treppaning is about 6500 BC. Tooth drilling 7000 BC. Neanderthal are known for nursing injuried and sick. It is definitely not to early in game for medicine.

Ya ok idiot......................
This has to be one of the stupidest things i have read. EVER.

I got huge ballz.

#21 2018-06-23 03:30:46

YAHG

kubassa wrote:
Glassius wrote:
Neo wrote:

COME ON...

Surely you have read at least ONE of my posts before.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#22 2018-06-23 06:34:26

Glassius

kubassa wrote:
Glassius wrote:
Neo wrote:

Why?

#23 2018-06-23 08:10:26

The_Llamacorn

breezeknight wrote:
Turnipseed wrote:
breezeknight wrote:

as far I know he wants to include the option to be healed by others, this is NOT THE SAME

Jason added the ability to be healed after being stabbed but it's not easy to heal yourself. But why would it? Don't you realize the problems it would cause?

Imagen this:
A griefer runs into a town with a backpack full of healing supplies. Stabs someone. Runs back and hides. Heals himself/herself. Runs back. Stabs someone. The cycle repeats.

If you've been stabbed someones bound to wanna help you and there's probably gonna be doctors in big towns now. Just tell them what happened really quick and get fixed! Easy as that.

Noobs are fine, but noobs that don't listen and refuse to learn, get on my nerves. Your ignorance will lead you to Donkey Town one day.

"Hugs from grandma"
-Rose Winter

#24 2018-06-23 09:44:03

TAIOAN

JonySky wrote:

At first I felt angry because the killers could make generations of effort disappear in the blink of an eye, but now I feel pity for the people who spend 30 minutes of their lives in order to have a weapon and kill some characters in 2D. .. they really have a problem ... they can not go to games like the PUBG because there they are nobody, and they believe that here they will be the kings of the hill ... nothing is further from their painful reality ... next time, do not feel anger, or frustration ... think that he is a sad person and you are going to start a new project

Yeh...

I always give my children a lovely Tâigí(Taiwanese) name, súi(beautiful)!

#25 2018-06-23 10:31:50

sc0rp

Glassius wrote:
kubassa wrote:
Glassius wrote:

Why?

Ignore him.  It's just a moron calling other people idiots - just scan his other posts.

Board footer