One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-19 15:08:12

startafight

what happened sampson family?

early in my life i saw an older woman pass off two knives in a bag to a little girl. i was a bit miffed since she wasnt even a shepard and imo giving knives to children is the worst damn idea. well, later on i became the shepard. id spent my whole life trying to restore the massive, dry berry farm and finally i could work on helping to compost. things were going well and i had lots of sheep

but i needed a few to be slaughtered. so i went to the girl and asked her to kill about three shorn sheep. she agreed and went to the pen, but she seemed new. she kept taking her bag on and off and tried to take the knife out while it was in the bag on the ground. well, while she was doing that someone swooped in and stole the knives.

so we set off alarms yelling at everyone "someone stole the knives. there is a griefer around!"

i made a bow and offered it to the girl but she said "im a farmer" as if i wasnt! thats how i ended up in the role of the vigilante. if uve seen my other forum posts i generally dont kill ppl, but today i was feeling a lil extra feisty. i just wanted some damn mutton!

well, after a few searches and a lil deduction i fell upon lucus as the most suspicious. he was silent through every search despite being present and attentive at every gathering (where i yelled about a thief). i asked him, "did you steal the knives??" and he remained silent. i figured he was being quiet to create some drama so i didnt kill him yet. but then he stepped right beside me, remaining silent. keep in mind that through everything i was very constant about yelling that i was gonna kill the thief so its not like he didnt know what he was doing. i killed him.

lucus gave some spiel about how he cooks food or whatever. i didnt bother moving, id set things in motion and wanted to see it play out. then clara pulled out a knife and killed me saying "that was for my friend". i called her a thief and she gave another spiel about how she "found" the knives and that the girl had put it on the ground so it was free game.

well, that was it for me. what happened after my death, sampson family?

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=360929

#2 2018-06-19 15:44:49

Jk Howling

Re: what happened sampson family?

I was Filipe Sampson, and it seems I was in the generation after yours? Unfortunately I knew little of what had gone on in the past.

Early in my life, barely after I was old enough to grab things, I was entrusted with a bow and arrow by an elderly man. He mentioned there had been a griefer earlier, and murder, and that he could no longer protect the village in his old age. Perhaps those incidents had been your experiences.

It was my first time wielding a bow and arrow. And let me tell you, I was terrified. I took my job very seriously, and swore that I would protect the village with it. Snakes, wolves, bears, griefers- whatever came my way, I was ready to pass judgment and serve the law.

I made quite a few rounds, asking everyone if things were okay, if they'd seen anything suspicious, anything they needed to report. Helped a lad find an extra bucket in case he needed it for the berry farm he was trying to maintain. Had a conversation with a new Eve, Tecuri- who had actually been Eve Sampson as well!

I had no reports. A few people had knives on them, but none of them acted out and I let them be. A few small disputes, like "who took my bucket!" and "where did the snares go?" but nothing big- until my aging mother came along.

She saw my weapons, and mentioned how she had killed someone the first time. She said it was quite fun, and to my horror, asked me to shoot her. To be my first victim.

I didn't want it to  be fun! I was sworn to protect, not to shoot the innocent. She continued to press me, saying she would starve to death if I didn't. My cousin swooped in last second, clutching a goose to her chest.

She said, why not shoot a goose? It was good practice, and wouldn't be harmful. I said, sure- I was still afraid of the weapons, and practicing seemed like a good idea, in case I encountered a griefer.

My benefactor had told me that left click was to kill. THat seemed odd to me, since I could accidentally shoot someone while running. It made me paranoid of doing such, and careful about my movements. I tried left clicking the goose- to no avail.

So I tried to right click, just as my cousin was picking up the goose. Got her right through the stomach with my very first shot.

I was crushed, kept saying sorry- that it'd been an accident, I was aiming for the goose near her! A few people gathered around, confused and angry and concerned, as I tried to explain what happened. My mother looked on all this proudly, said "GJ" and starved to death.

My cousin laughed it off. I think she forgave me. She called me emo when I said I'd starve to death. What she didn't know was that my hunger bar was below half when I'd made the first shot.

I died moments after she did, and honestly, I'm glad I did. Someone probably would've killed me, believing me to be a griefer- when all I'd wanted was to protect the place and its inhabitants.

It seems I died about an hour after your own events took place. As far as I could tell, things returned to peace. Farmers were working on the berries with soil and water. There was plenty to eat. Someone killed a few sheep. Life moved on, until I screwed it up.

I'd love to hear what happened after my own short life, if there's anybody of the next generations around the forums. Filling in the puzzle pieces would be great.

-Has ascended to better games-

#3 2018-06-19 16:29:26

startafight

Jk Howling wrote:

So I tried to right click, just as my cousin was picking up the goose. Got her right through the stomach with my very first shot.

I was crushed, kept saying sorry- that it'd been an accident, I was aiming for the goose near her! A few people gathered around, confused and angry and concerned, as I tried to explain what happened. My mother looked on all this proudly, said "GJ" and starved to death.

u got my bow! im glad the town decided to keep patrolling with it. did you guys manage to find both knives in the end?

#4 2018-06-19 17:14:28

Gummyworm1270

I was Creed Sampson. I was there for your death. I considered killing the one who murdered you but she didn't seem like she was going to harm anyone else. During my life I never saw a knife aside from the one Clara had. But aside from your murder during my life things went well. I spent most of my time growing the three sisters and making stew. one of my cousins made a huge amount of compost and started a milkweed farm. Everything was fairly well maintained. I died at ripe old age of 59 after giving a young child a backpack that I think was looted from your corpse.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=360944

Last edited by Gummyworm1270 (2018-06-19 17:23:00)

#5 2018-06-19 17:33:42

startafight

Gummyworm1270 wrote:

I was Creed Sampson. I was there for your death. I considered killing the one who murdered you but she didn't seem like she was going to harm anyone else. During my life I never saw a knife aside from the one Clara had. But aside from your murder during my life things went well. I spent most of my time growing the three sisters and making stew. one of my cousins made a huge amount of compost and started a milkweed farm. Everything was fairly well maintained. I died at ripe old age of 59 after giving a young child a backpack that I think was looted from your corpse.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=360944

ah well i only asked cos there seemed to have been a few more murdered from jon http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=360929. i think he mightve had the second knife

#6 2018-06-19 17:40:53

Gummyworm1270

He may have, I must've missed those. There was a bow or two floating around as well so he could have used that.

#7 2018-06-19 18:15:46

Jk Howling

startafight wrote:
Jk Howling wrote:

u got my bow! im glad the town decided to keep patrolling with it. did you guys manage to find both knives in the end?

I saw a few floating around in backpacks, but wasn't aware of the previous situation and never asked about it.

The Jon murders were also before my time, if just barely. I'm almost entirely certain that the person who gave me the bow was the murderer's brother, Ed. He missed his brother and soon followed him to the grave upon entrusting me with the bow and arrow.

-Has ascended to better games-

#8 2018-06-19 23:40:22

forestglade

Hello! I was Ed!

This thread is like a game of family telephone. First of all, my brother Jon, was a serial killer. He let me know after he killed another victim. But he loved me, so he would never kill me.

I had a knife! I was tempted to go around and kill people in honor of my brother, but I generally dislike griefers, and everyone else in the farm seemed like a hard worker. So instead I kept the knife in my backpack and scared the kid with the bow and arrow.

The old man who gave Jk Howling (the kid) the bow and arrow thought I was the murderer. And I remember seeing him running around with a bow and arrow and looking scared and I thought, that kid was going to accidentally kill someone.

I saw Eve Tacuri pop out of air in front of me! It was the coolest thing! And she was popping a ton of babies, so the farm was going to be alright for a while. I gave her my knife. Someone else gave her a backpack with more knives! I took one of the knives because three was overkill.

Then I ran as far east as I could, and remembered my brother before dying.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=361155

Last edited by forestglade (2018-06-19 23:40:51)

#9 2018-06-20 00:09:25

YAHG

They cut his hair and he died.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

Board footer