One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-04 14:09:18

colinmarc

Please for the love of milkweed keep things organized

It could literally save your life. In villages where everything is strewn over the ground, everyone spends half their precious time running around looking for the thing they need. This gets exacerbated because someone will be looking for e.g. a flint chip, not find it, and go get another one, adding to the clutter. The fifth tenet is A TOOL, LIKE A CHILD, NEEDS A HOME.

Make lots of baskets! They are easy to make and renewable. Nothing should just be on the ground without a basket unless you're actively working with it (a rabbit you're about to skin, for example).

Put your farm in a big empty space!

Put tools all together! Put food together! And bring stuff back when you're done with it.

#2 2018-03-04 15:05:23

TyrantNomad

Re: Please for the love of milkweed keep things organized

A good rule of thumb is to always try to leave the village without a basket and come back with one.
If you leave with a basket, try to craft another basket while you're out and then just grab it later.

This really helps you organize the base.

#3 2018-03-04 15:23:31

egrigby

Re: Please for the love of milkweed keep things organized

colinmarc wrote:

It could literally save your life. In villages where everything is strewn over the ground, everyone spends half their precious time running around looking for the thing they need. This gets exacerbated because someone will be looking for e.g. a flint chip, not find it, and go get another one, adding to the clutter. The fifth tenet is A TOOL, LIKE A CHILD, NEEDS A HOME.

Make lots of baskets! They are easy to make and renewable. Nothing should just be on the ground without a basket unless you're actively working with it (a rabbit you're about to skin, for example).

Put your farm in a big empty space!

Put tools all together! Put food together! And bring stuff back when you're done with it.

I agree and disagree.  I was going to post today on how clutter kills as well.  However, I think there should be organized areas.

Farming implements and tools should be organized to one side of Farms.  (God I love Baskets!)
Fire Making tools and supplies should be near the kiln, and you should have two fires if you are a hunting tribe.  One for babies, one for cooking.
Hunting implements and tools for skinning should be on the side of the village nearest the hunting supplies.  Preferably the fire area right next door.
Most important, food baskets should all be together,  with empty space around them!  How many times have you died because you picked up a flint instead of food???

Board footer