One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-18 05:48:29

LHO

The nameless son

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=355083

I had spent a fair awhile trying to get a town, Then I gave up and tried do Eve and Eve kids runs.

All my Eve runs failed because kids suicided and almost every Eve abandoned me. Eventually an Eve decided to keep me despite me being a boy.

I helped mama Eve with the alot of the early camp building stuff. She never named me but i didn't mind since it dosnt really effect boys much anyway. I made myself a backpack too.

She eventually named Herself Eve Sol and raised a few daughters, She named her girls at least. I eventually got to smithing, Didn't want to end uo being tooless at gen 5. Sadly Mama Eve died shortly before I could finish off the first tools.

My sisters had ALOOT of babies but most of them died out. I was hoping at least one niece would be good.

So I got old and kids starting asking for my backpack, Good old vultures. In the end I couldn't find anyone deserving so I dropped it in the middle of camp for the fastest kid to grab.

Looks like 2 of my nieces survived out of the many that died, 1 From each of my sisters.

Last edited by LHO (2018-06-18 06:08:23)

#2 2018-06-18 07:14:25

Lepisma

Re: The nameless son

I was part of that line later on. My mom named me Toad. We were all named after video game characters, haha.
I was designated as the town's baker early on, but I spent more time trying to gather supplies than actually baking. Things kept getting moved around. Wasn't very organized. I taught one of my sons a few things with the intention of giving him the role of baker when I passed on, but he had to leave. I think one of my nieces, Rowen, and her kids picked it up instead.
One of my cousins had started a split-off farm further south, closer to water. I think a lot of the family moved that way towards the end of my life, but most of my immediate relatives hung around the original spot.
My mom passed on her backpack to me, and I passed it to one of Rowen's kids. I wonder if maybe it was yours once.

The most recent death on the tree was only ~15 minutes ago... might still be kicking.

Last edited by Lepisma (2018-06-18 07:16:25)

#3 2018-06-18 07:25:17

LHO

That could very well be my backpack, I did see a brown girl pickup the pack in my last moments, could've been your future mum.

I'm glad my pack helped future generations at least. I wonder how the town changed after I died, hopefully you guys made the rest of the tools.

Last edited by LHO (2018-06-18 07:28:14)

#4 2018-06-18 21:21:37

Morti

LHO wrote:

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=355083
She eventually named Herself Eve Sol and raised a few daughters, She named her girls at least.

I've never named one of my kids Star before, least, not in the last few months. I may have back before the apocalypse update, when I was using all sorts of names, but I don't ever recall using Star. I have noticed a few people using Sol as their name as Eve. Maybe they see how good I am doing and think it's some kind of cheat code. XD

Whatever the case is, I am flattered that other people use the name Sol, name their kids after planets or Greek and Roman gods & goddesses, or just use any sort of astronomical names for their children. As a former teacher of astronomy, I find it touching.

I was also born to that lineage earlier today, they were in a town I worked on prior to that. If you're ever back there, I put the stone roads at the intersections of the roads, which divide the ground into 3x3 sections, which I would like to see people using to plant specific crops, but they often end up being a mixed bag. Some people just think, "I see a seed, gotta put it in some soil." and that's about as much planning as they do.

It's a nice town though. I started off in another town south of it, but we only had one well down there far from the forge, oven and the berry farm at the time. One of my siblings went off and started a new settlement; the one to the north that that Sol family was inhabiting at the time. Then when I had children, she invited me up to show me the place before she passed away, and my kids just took to working and raising their children there while I buried my family between the berry farm and the one well, in the southern town.

Shame that place will be gone in a day and I won't ever see it again.

When I came back as this Sol family, which was not started by me, I saw that my someone had buried me where I'd fallen, in the middle of moving some things to the norther camp. Every time I see that grave, I'm thankful so many of you good people are still playing.

Board footer