One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-16 23:28:54

Luniatji

Adopting

There are too many children who did not get a name, or if they have a name didn't get fed because the mom runs away. I try most times to pick this children myself and feed them; I've never seen that an baby I 'rescued' became a griever later, so maybe thats my luck lol.

But, caring for this children, makes me think about a couple of things. Yes, of course we can pick them up and breastfed them as woman, or give food as male, but wouldn't it be awesome if there is an option to official adopt someone? I was thinking about an option to do that and both adult as baby must 'accept' on a way; then the adopting parent could name the child. There familyline could be changed that there is an option to be "(adoption)father/mother" and for siblings "(adoption)sister/brother" so that it would be really their sibling/grandchild/child/name it. Would be nice if it is seen on the family tree to; the 'birth' parent dont get shown but the adoption parent would.

Any thoughts?

I'm sorry for any faults in my text, English isn't my mother tongue.

#2 2018-06-17 01:05:50

startafight

Re: Adopting

yes! ive been adopted so many times that at this point we really are just asking for a method for us to express what is already happening in-game. and itd be interesting if ppl went around "adopting" unwilling children gamora-style

#3 2018-06-17 22:01:26

Lotus

Yes!!!

One thing I would change is the text as “Adoptive Sibling” rather than “(Adopted) Sibling” since parenthesis aren’t available in the game.

#4 2018-06-18 05:48:05

yvanhooe

So, another thread mentions a hack to link two family trees: an old man asked his son to stab him at 59 so that on his tree, he would be mentioned.

I agree that another way would be nice...

More than adoption, there should be ways to create link between people. Maybe a specific present or ritual.

#5 2018-06-18 12:34:40

Aurora Aurora

Oh Id love this, then dads could be a thing aswell.

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#6 2018-06-18 15:50:47

YAHG

Aurora Aurora wrote:

Oh Id love this, then dads could be a thing aswell.

Dad's are pwn. Everyone should have a Dad <3

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#7 2018-06-18 22:08:29

Valences42

+1 biceps!

Just kidding.  +1 dad post.

#8 2019-03-01 19:49:18

Mlrobinson0803

I was looking back at my last family tree and in it my great grand daughter had a child named Adopted Potato, our last name had been something Korean. Then adopted potato had one child with the last name potato and another one had our Korean last name. There were two groups in our village the Korean one and the Potato one. Did my granddaughter somehow adopt one of their children?

#9 2019-03-01 20:00:52

Aurora Aurora

Mlrobinson0803 wrote:

I was looking back at my last family tree and in it my great grand daughter had a child named Adopted Potato, our last name had been something Korean. Then adopted potato had one child with the last name potato and another one had our Korean last name. There were two groups in our village the Korean one and the Potato one. Did my granddaughter somehow adopt one of their children?

A baby gets the last name of whoever named it. So someone fromt the other family named your grandchild

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

Board footer