One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-15 11:30:56

sc0rp

Players are unable to practice killing other players via knife/bow

The only people proficient using knife/bow to kill other players are griefers.  Fight is not trivial and there is no option in game to practice this skill in peaceful/repeated manner.  The only way to practice it is to become griefer yourself, which most people feel aversion to and don't do it.  So when they have to fight griefer back they fail miserably - like putting knife down instead of hitting with it.

I've seen multiple time scene where griefer stabs somebody and then hides behind mapple tree.  Then after people run to "defend" they just come, look around, and see nothing. Then slow down wears off and griefer kills another player, preferably the one with knife and hides again.  People follow the victim until he dies, scramble to pick up all the stuff and the lucky one that got knife goes to "avenge".  Obviously he can do squat, because griefer is behind tree.  After another slow down wears off, they start dancing around.  And then defender instead of stabbing, puts down knife.  Griefer promptly picks it up and now he has two knifes.  Usually that's game over.  Rarely third person has a knife.  But then it's just rinse, repeat.

Is the hint on main screen of the game valid - i.e. you should use RMB to kill, not LMB?  Is it the same with bow and knife?  What if you misclick and put knife down?  Is there any way to kill somebody hiding behind tree?  Some time I got stabbed even when I've been constantly running - is it random or am I making some error?

I suggest introducing practice knife/bows to game, which don't do harm, but just give you information when you hit with it.  Should be clearly distiguishable from real knifes/bows.

Last edited by sc0rp (2018-06-15 13:37:31)

#2 2018-06-15 22:44:44

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Re: Players are unable to practice killing other players via knife/bow

Yes, it is RMB to kill people.

Otherwise, you would kill people by accident when moving around.

Think of it like putting the knife into a container.... and the container is their body.

Not sure about the practice weapons.

You can kinda practice already by feeding people food as they run by.  If they nom nom, you hit them.

Corn cobs as practice knives.

#3 2018-06-16 11:28:22

Mr.XIX

Re: Players are unable to practice killing other players via knife/bow

jasonrohrer wrote:

Not sure about the practice weapons.

You can kinda practice already by feeding people food as they run by.  If they nom nom, you hit them.

Corn cobs as practice knives.

Oh yes! Raising food wars to the next level!

Rotten tomatoes as practice tool for bow and arrow!

Brb, writing a reddit post.

Board footer