One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-04 01:59:30

hackling92

How to compile windows client

I was wondering if anyone had a quick rundown of how to build the windows client from source.  I saw that mingw is needed however it looks like sourceforge is currently partially down and the mingw installer is not able to function correctly.  I have attempted to build the windows version in ubuntu 14 using mingw32 and wine, I ran the makeDistributionWindows script in the build folder and it seems to have built correctly, it even proceeds to rebuild all of the caches.  However after rebuilding the caches it tells me that  cannon stat ../gameSource/OneLife.exe no such file, upon checking on this there is indeed no exe file, however there are no compilation errors.  Does anyone have any thoughts?

#2 2018-03-06 00:22:22

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Re: How to compile windows client

Is SF still down?  Jeez...  what a mess.  So glad I moved my main operations for this game to github.

MinGW is a bit of a pain to set up, sadly.

I've never tried building the Windows version from Linux.  I always do it on WindowsXP.

At some point, I might post a snapshot of my windows build system.

#3 2018-03-06 01:05:43

hackling92

Re: How to compile windows client

I think I am actually getting pretty close on ubuntu 16.04 using your runToBuild script.  Im using minGW64 for the cross compile (in 32bit mode) however I am still having some issues getting mingw to recognize the SDL 1.2 libs.  I get stuck at couldn't find -lsdlmain and -lsdl.

Board footer