One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-05 20:11:54

Tea

My Maria

I was born to a very advanced city with a huge cemetery. My mother named me Jacob and told me that I could do anything, forge, bake, anything at all ! I sat still on the warm fur of a bar and let my mother nurse me and my sister while looking at the people running around and working. Once I was old enough, I started to look around, to see what was needed, what had to be done but the city had already everything.

While I was wandering around, I saw the most beautiful girl in my life. She had long black hair and a smile that turned my legs into jelly. I was only 8 or 9 years old and already madly in love with this girl. After running around clueless and thinking about Maria, I stumbled upon a beautiful blue rose. Or was it violet ? No, I think it was blue. Gosh it's been so many years ... . Anyway, I took the flower and gathered all of my courage and went to Maria, my heart beating loudly. "Maria.", I said shacking. She turned around and answered with a lovely smile. "Yes ?" "This rose - is for you." I nervously handed her the rose. She looked surprised and then flattered at the rose. "Nawww," she said while smelling at the flower "Thank you!" "It reminded - me of your - beauty." I stuttered and she giggled as response. I was on cloud nine, she loved the rose ! I wanted to make her more presents, a blue sweater and a blue hat with matching shoes, I wanted to plant more rose bushes and make her the happiest girl in this town.

I hoped to ask her one day to marry me. So I made a plan : I would built us a house, next to some wells and plant some rose bushes around it. We could make our own little garden with carrots and berries, just a little one, and have a fireplace to keep us warm. I would go kill many bears just to make the floor out of their furs so our children wouldn't have cold feet. And plant a small sign next to the front door reading "Marias House". We would grow old, while around us our children and grandchildren would run around, and we would hold hands and die next to each other in our little house.

I wanted to build the house first and then, when finished, I would ask her in front of our house with a blue rose in my hands if she would marry me. So I started to gather together the needed tools and materials and started to build. Years passed and while I was going back to the heart of the city to chat a bit with Maria, I stumbled upon some bones drowned in blood. My heart stopped but I could see with relieve that those were not Marias. I ran to the city and warned everyone that a person hat been murdered. I saw Maria running around the Bakery and was happy to see her alive and unharmed. Someone said that it was an accident, so I went back to my project but was still suspicious so I was on my guard.

Time has passed and the house was almost finished, just needed some more walls and floors, so I went back again to grab some stuff to eat and to chat with Maria. When I arrived at the Bakery, someone shouted "BEAR" and three people went off to search for arrows and bows. I searched for Maria to get her to safety, but it was not easy to find her with a bear running around the city. So I tried to look for some arrows in the other houses around the city but didn't have any luck. When I came back, bones were lying around the city. The bear had killed a few of good men and women and was nowhere to be found. I searched everywhere for Maria and even looked at the bones lying on the floor, hoping not to find anything. But she wasn't under those victims, so I assumed that she escaped him and was running around the city. The city was very big so she could have been anywhere, so I went around screaming her name and asking people if they had seen my Maria. No one seemed to have seen her and I thought "Maybe people didn't pay attention or didn't knew who she was."

So I went back to the house, continued building and hoping, that she will come back to me one day. Years passed, people passing by, wondering what I was doing and I would always say "This is House is for Maria, my love." One man, I think it was Eric, asked me if he could help me, but I wanted to do it myself, to tell Maria that I build it alone just for her. Kids and Adults came with their buckets to get some water from the well, but not my Maria. My Maria never came. And then it hit me. My Maria isn't going to come back. My Maria is dead. She will not see this house that I have build for her, she will not be able to hold the rose and hear me proposing to her and she will not be by my side. Sadness filled my heart and almost torn me apart when I realized that I couldn't give her a proper funeral and lay a rose on her grave.

I wanted to end it, I wanted to die. But I was the house that still needed a door, a road that led to the house, some rose bushes and a sign that said "Marias House". I wanted to finish it. I wanted to honor her, the girl I deeply loved. So I continued. I wanted to search for her bones after I made the road so I could bury her in our little home and give her one last rose before I rest my bones next to hers.

Live continued in the city and we had a King, Eric, the man who offered his help. And a murderer seeking to spill his blood. The King managed to kill him I believe but I didn't really pay any attention. I was getting old and just wanted to finish the road. While building, one kid watched and complimented me on the house. I thanked him and said that it was for my Love. He asked me if there was anything to do and if he could help, so I showed him how to make stone roads. He was very interested and learned very fast and soon I had a great assistant. He even got some pies saying "Those are for Maria." I was touched and told him that she would love those pies. Due to my age I forgot what his name was but I am very grateful that he was there and helped.

More and more children came to see what we were doing and even the King came by. He had the knife in his hand and told us, that we needed a school to educate new young souls so the killing rate in our city would decrease. I told him in a weak voice, that he could use Marias House as a starting house. He thanked me and told me that they will honor her. I was very happy and as a last request I asked to plant a lot of blue roses around the house.

I wanted to thank the boy who helped me, the girl who gave me a bucket to use it as a toilet in the new house, the King to remember my first love and I wanted to say so much more but my weak old body didn't let me. I died before thanking everyone I wanted to thank. Before looking at the sky and telling Maria for the first time that I loved her.

Maria, even though we were not meant to have a happy ending together, I still enjoyed the little moment that we had as children. Know that you were always my true love and that I will always love you.

Love, Jacob

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#2 2018-06-05 20:19:38

Aurora Aurora

Re: My Maria

Oh wow. You were my fathers brother. My father was the second Jacob, he took me in as a baby when my mother abandoned me aswell as a boy I called brother. I see that love and kindness runs in the family.

Also on a sidenote. I was Queen January, the woman who killed your Eve. (She was a bitch)

Last edited by Aurora Aurora (2018-06-05 20:20:42)

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#3 2018-06-05 20:26:01

Tea

Oh I remember him ! When I tried to flirt for the first time with Maria, he was standing behind me yelling "Incest". Good old Jacob. Always knew he made a good father.

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#4 2018-06-05 20:35:48

Aurora Aurora

Tea wrote:

Oh I remember him ! When I tried to flirt for the first time with Maria, he was standing behind me yelling "Incest". Good old Jacob. Always knew he made a good father.

He was the bestest of fathers. He is burried next to your mom.

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

Board footer