One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-05 06:15:52

LHO

To my Eve Mum.

I just finished living my life, I made to 60. It was hardtimes and I lost all my siblings to starvation or wolves. I had to let many of my own kids die but I was able to a farm going.

I was growing mostly berries but also some corn, The berries take awhile to get going but they paid off. I was able to produce enough food to support a daughter and several grandkids. I hope they do well.

Sorry if I let any of you die as babies.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=254645

Last edited by LHO (2018-06-05 06:16:52)

#2 2018-06-05 09:45:14

LHO

Re: To my Eve Mum.

Wow, Bloodlines is still going.

#3 2018-06-05 11:30:53

happynova

Hey, your daughter was on Twitch!  Relevant bit starts at about 01:17.  It looks like she took your injunction not to make you mad by dying like your other kids pretty seriously. smile

#4 2018-06-05 22:31:40

LHO

happynova wrote:

Hey, your daughter was on Twitch!  Relevant bit starts at about 01:17.  It looks like she took your injunction not to make you mad by dying like your other kids pretty seriously. smile

Yeah, I figured I was going to hit menopause soon. I found that telling babies things like that motivates them to do well, It did for her at least. It was interesting seeing it from her perspective, I even got a glimpse at the milkweed farm my grandkids where making.
I just wish my daughter had listened to my advice about bringing food with you when you go out

#5 2018-06-05 22:44:12

happynova

I did notice her not adhering to that advice as often as she should have.  Tsk.   It's very good advice.

And I think you're absolutely right.  A little while back, I had a mother, for the first time, explicitly tell me "Your job is to survive," about the time I would have started asking about a job.  It was incredibly motivating, and honestly changed my style of gameplay that life, for the better.  It was like I had permission, even a duty, not to take risks with myself while young just to avoid the guilty feeling of not being useful enough immediately.  (Something I really should have taken more to heart on my most recent life, come to think of it!)  I'm thinking I should start telling my own kids things like that.

Board footer