a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#76 2018-03-24 16:11:23

Laura

Re: Favorite moments

+++
The Storys Change.
First: beautiful Moments ...
After the murder-gamers Pop up: just sad Storys ...
+++
So. fucking. sad.

#77 2018-03-25 00:05:29

Babsy

Today my daughter and granddaughter went to hunt for gold on the Norgg server!

We planted our home marker in the most southern settlement along the road (which connects several settlements).
http://i66.tinypic.com/ibdjiq.png

On the road to "El Dorado"! Full of good hope. Little did we know there was danger ahead! I was killed by a bear that suddenly ran into us. I feared for the lives of my family. I felt responsible for the equipment, so I started searching for it in my next life.
http://i64.tinypic.com/2j4wx9v.png

Found "my" old settlement. Spend several lives there.
http://i66.tinypic.com/4qh2ft.png
http://i68.tinypic.com/2ce3vqd.png

Found another base more to the north. Feels familiar.
http://i67.tinypic.com/k2hhdl.png

Luckily my family didn't die and they seemed to have taken all my stuff.
http://i65.tinypic.com/2q3duad.png

Yeah! Gold! Too bad I don't have a pick with me big_smile
http://i65.tinypic.com/1hduo6.png

#78 2018-03-25 11:03:45

Aname

In my recent life i was a traveler i was a girl

i found many civs some died by trolls and some where dead of low supply. when i got older i stopped at a village and got a kid. i said to her im a traveler and she could chose what she wants. and she wanted to travel with me. so she came with the idea to make pies.
so we made many pies and put them in the cart. i was getting grey and i got a son in the process. and my daughter got a son as well.
so i got a grandson. and everyone wanted to travel. so we where as family traveling. But then a bear came everyone panicked. they ran of without me. AND I GOT THE CART WITH PIES! i almost died there where some close calls with that bear. but i got away i tried to find my family my kids and grandkid. i couldnt find them. i knew they had a cart full of carrots but i got the cart of pies.

and so i lost my family not knowing if they where still alive i moved on to find them. i spend the last years trying to find them. I didnt find them but i didnt find corpes either so maybe they are still alive maybe they tried to find me. or maybe they tought i was killed by the bear. i dont know. its sad that i couldnt be with my family the last minutes in my life. i died of old age.

I hope they are safe.

Last edited by Aname (2018-03-25 11:04:49)

Eve Gluck! We are the great glucks and we will beat every other dynasty!

Best Gluck linage so far: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4082492

#79 2018-03-25 14:31:30

Aname

This was one of my recent lives

I was a boy in a pretty big city i spawned there like 4 times and i builed a house there.

but i was a boy just waiting to get bigger so i could get carts. but i was getting bored of waiting and i was annoying people.
Some guy went mad and called me names. he wanted to kill me and tried to make a bow and Arrow he failed to make the Arrow tho.
i was laughing at him and annoying him. i was even helping to make a Arrow. but then he went to a kid a (guard) he said that i was griefing and that i wasnt doing anything.

So of course the gaurd went crazy and chased me. i ran away to my house that i builded in previous lives. i hide there for a minute and then came back. and ofcourse he went chasing me again so i ran away again.

Then i came back he chased me but dropped one of his knifes i picked up the knife and ran away.
I saw the guy who i annoyed and who wanted me dead. i killed him and the guard came and went chasing me again.
I ran away and hide somewhere in the bushes. i came back and wanted peace so i tried to talk to people but everyone ran away.
and i tried talking too many people but they where scared of me bcuz i was a murderer. then the guard came fucking again he missed a click and dropped his second knife i picked up the second knife and the whole village was my bff out of nowhere like wtf.

I said that i didnt want to kill them. and i didnt kill any of them. i found a blue wooly hat and put it on. the whole town named me blue.

so i talked to some guy and he was pretty nice tho. but then i saw the gaurd making a Arrow i ran to him and stole the Arrow.
the guard said that i stole everything and that i need to leave. i said no i didnt do shit.

i didnt kill the guard. bcuz im not a killer but noone believed me. so time went on i helped the farm a little bit. and then i saw the guard with a bow and Arrow but the guard got a friend who wanted me dead too.

so i had to fight two people! i stole a cart of carrots ran to my house and hide there for a minute. but then i was like fuck this shit.
i went straight back to the camp. i saw the guard i ran to him and killed him. 1 down just 1 to go. the other guy the guards friend had a bow so he chased me. but then he missed his shot i tried to kill him but he was too fast. he chased me some more to drop his Arrow again. then i chased him some more.

then i lost him. i went back to the farm to help but then i saw that sneaky bastard and ran to him. he ran away but i chased him we had both many misses. but then he dropped his bow and arrown and i stood on the bow and Arrow i picked up the Arrow and then i chased him with my knife 1 minute later and i saw he gave up and then i killed him.

i ran back to the farm. a girl came near me and hated me blue why are u killing and stealing food. i said that i did that to protect myself. i went back to the farm to save the farm then that bitch came to me with a bow i ran.

she missed a shot at me i picked my knife out of my backpackand then i missed. she shot me and i saw the light.

But then i respawned as a boy and guess who my mom yes it was the bitch who killed me. i spend some time making a bow then when she was sitting at the fire i shot her. i got my revenge.

then i picked up my blue wooly hat and hide it somewhere. i hi some arrows and 1 knife. then i went to die in my house.

the whole villaged was destroyed just because they wanted to kill me real bad i didnt even know why bcuz i was trying to help farm but i couldnt help bcuz some maniacs with bows and knives are trying to kill me. i was hunted for my whole life. i died at the age of 53 shot by bow and Arrow. just because they all hated me.

from the day i was born i was trying to not get killed. but it was fun i enjoyed that i got to kill them. too bad i died of the last girl in the whole village

This story was with blue the guy who just wanted to help.

Eve Gluck! We are the great glucks and we will beat every other dynasty!

Best Gluck linage so far: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4082492

#80 2018-03-25 15:24:34

Baker

I got another slightly more positive one.

I was born in a small village, The village had a pretty basic setup. Just a farm, an oven, and a klin. They had a person making pies and everyone else farming. There was also another farm nearby but only a hermit lived there. Every now and then we could make him some pies and he would bring us various things that he scavenged from the wilderness. I still don't why he wanted to live on his own but seemed to pay off for him.

I decided to set up some smithing for this village as I wasn't really needed for much else. I had to set everything from scratch and by myself. As I was busy gathering everything needed for smithing I didn't notice the lack of new kids. We had a young girl but disappeared under mysterious circumstances. All the remaining people slowly got old and died, My mother said her goodbyes and gave me her clothes. I went to talk to the hermit, He was the only other person still alive. He was now an old man, I told him that was the last villager.

I decided I'd try to set the place up for any potential eves in the future. I made a couple steel tools and stockpiled food, Hopefully, someone would one day make use of that stuff. I went to check up on the Hermit but he had finally passed, I moved his stuff down to my village. I was now in my late 50s, I decided to enjoy a brief retirement. I took one last look at my camp, It had lots of food, Steel tools, extra seeds, and spare firewood. This would do very nicely for a future prospector.

I sat by the fire and I looked down at my hunger meter, shit I only had 1 bar left. I grabbed a carrot out of my pack, raised it towards my mouth and died of starvation at 59.

Everyone still died but at least someone else might have a chance.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#81 2018-03-25 16:17:42

teanah

A short life full of drama and sadness.

I was born into a well resourced village. My mom held me by the fire while my aged grandma was giving her farewell speech.

Grandma gave me her shoes and hat, my mother got her backpack.  She reminded us there were plenty of carrots and to be sure to survive so the next generation could be born. "Be Careful" she said.

I said "bye" "gma" "Sad"

She turned into a pile of bones. My mother wailed "Nooooooooo"

And then we were both eaten by a hungry grizzly bear.

In my next life, when I was a baby my sister stood beside me and typed "hugs". It was the sweetest thing I've seen anyone do in game. I love the roll playing aspect so much.

#82 2018-03-25 16:40:57

kerfuffle

Just now. Spawned as an Eve in a big dead village. Had a baby. Walked it around to show all the stuff. He was almost grown when a bear showed up in town. I stood on a basket to show child bear wont eat them while they are standing on something. Child jumps out of arms and picks up basket. Bear eats us.  I laughed.

#83 2018-03-25 23:13:32

Mop

My favorite story:

I was born to a mother who was a  farmer. As a child she taught me the top rows is for seeds. I watched as other villagers plucked the top row. She begged them to stop and they wouldn't. She told me she could no longer fight against her sisters, brothers, nieces and nephews and was going to leave the world. Before she left she gave me all she was wearing. At the age of three my mother passed away telling me "good luck, kid". I tried to tend to the farm but the carrots that were suppose to be seeds kept being plucked. I knew if I stayed I'd die from hunger. I packed up my mother's backpack with carrots and a basket and ran as far as I could from the dying civilization. In my 15 year travel I had 3 kids. I had a problem wth keeping them alive with no food and only wild bushes. I decided to head home,hoping the idiots died off. it took me another 15 years and only 1 girl survived. We came back and only my 1st cousin had survived the famine, but was close to death. When we got there my daughter asked what can i do? I said build the farm. AND SHE DID!! I made what pies i could with the left over resources, to fuel her while she did. I had a few more children (don't remember how many) I killed all the boys that were born to me and my 1st cousin's babies. To stop famine from happening again. Except one, he ran from me before I could get the chance. When he was grown he made pelts and pies. I was so proud of the son I  tried to kill. I was surprise he choose to stay. When he knew I only fed him when I tried to ditch him in the woods or when he stood in front of his baby sisters. He was a smart one! He deserved to live!! I had 3 daughters and 1 son. I decided I was happy. I went to my eldest daughter and gave her all i wore. Being beyond proud of her. I told her I was and I told her the name of the village. I will keep that name hidden...as my kin will only know the name.  hope to be reborn there.

#84 2018-03-26 01:36:40

TrustyWay

My mom was too old to have baby. My brother took care of the big town alone while I was exploring for girls. North, dead city, south, dead city, west, 3 dead cities. We both were old so we agreed to a knife fight before dying of oldness, I killed him and made me a big grave 3x3, I died on it.

#85 2018-03-26 03:12:56

Mop

I was born into a great village that was thriving. Slowly I saw our resources, especially our food disappearing. I decided my job was baby killer. I would kill all babies that weren't mine. Id steal them from parents and throw them in the forest. I did 7. We did not suffer from famine.

#86 2018-03-26 08:50:50

Papiertig0r

I was born to an older woman and given the name Dante. From birth, my mother trained me to kill my Sister Zinna, but I quickly starved in the chaos that was our village.
Two lives later, I was reborn into that same village, now as the son of my former sister. I retook the name Dante, but my crazy aunt wanted me to kill my beloved mother Zinna. I watched, as my aunt slowly starved to death, old, mad and lonely. Then I put aside my bow and arrow and lived the rest of my life as farmer in our prospering village.

Bob Greathouse

#87 2018-03-26 12:18:16

Baker

I spent 2 full lifetimes in a village, For the most part, It was peaceful. In the first life, I did some farming and helped my sister with pies. I had 3 sons but only one survived, The other 2 ran off or DC'd. Towards the end of my life, I converted an old unfinished building into a tool shed. I also held onto a knife just in case any murderers came, none came in the first life. I passed on my knife to my son surviving son. I died of old age.

I spent a little while getting abandoned and starving in collapsing villages. In my second life, I met my son and my sister but they were old. I was glad that my son had kept my knife, I saw him do a few patrols but unfortunately, he didn't recognize me. Nothing interesting happened until the final years of my life.

One one of the little kids screams "kill" and "Die". I suspected that she was a griefer, it's not like she was very subtle about. I decided to take preventative action, I grabbed a bow from behind a tree and shot her. From the other Villagers perspective, an old woman just shot some little girl. I tried to explain myself but the villagers called me a murderer anyway. I dropped the bow and went back to farming, A half-naked man comes up to me and says "she is a killer". I managed to "No I'm not" before I died of Old Age.

I wasn't going to let some 12-year-old kid destroy a village that I spent 2 hours on.

#88 2018-03-26 12:57:36

Nubbcakes

I was born to a wandering eve, we wandered until we reached a small settlement and called it home. I helped with the growing carrot farm, and eventually took it upon myself to start a wheat field so we could have pies and eat better. I tended to the farm and provided dough for the bakery for the rest of my days. In my final minutes, I gave away my items so others could continue thriving and looked over my wheat as I ate the last of my pie while the game's ambient music played, I could hear new babies crying not too far away. It was a very sweet, satisfying moment, knowing my humble life's work helped a village grow, even just a little bit.

#89 2018-03-26 12:58:17

PeyoteCoyote

I was raised in a busy village with lots of walls. I was fully clothed but my mother didn't show me around. I was starving and just old enough to eat, my mother didn't return and I begged my aunt to feed me. She did not and I died trying to find the farm.

I was born again! This time the child of my aunt. She showed me around and dressed me from the clothes scattered about my previous grave. I was determined to survive this time and start working on the farm.

But there were eight others already working so I went in search of jobs. There were six people making pies together and enough rabbits and fur and clothes and tools. I didn't know what to do! I started making a wall of graves around the perimeter wall and tidying each space. I was soon joined by a man my age. I confided in him my feelings of uselessness. This village has everything it needs! He told me to look for gold that we might craft crowns. He told me where to search and I filled my cart and set off.

I searched for many years and became an old man. In my travels I found no gold but I found a knife. My village had no weapons and I didn't wish to bring them in so as I returned home I stashed it in the bushes.

I lived out my last days pottering about the camp, tidying and fetching things for my fellow villagers. I died of old age.

I was born again, this village looks familiar! I was a girl this time. I started back at the farm (lots less people now so plenty to do) but noticed a man asking for a knife to kill sheep. He was given it under much suspicion and paraded about the camp not getting much done. The others questioned him. A second girl had a knife too. My mother took me out of earshot of the others and warned me to be careful of people with knives. I told her of the knife I hid in a previous life: did she want it? No, she replied. She hated knives. I worked some more but the couple walking around with weapons made me uneasy; I fetched my knife from its hiding place.

By the time I was a woman, a child ran by the farm screaming "killer!" I took out my knife and gave chase, it was the man from earlier. He killed two villagers before I killed him. I took his bloodied knife and put it in my pack. I was shaking so much I didn't have time to retrieve my own weapon before a young girl snatched it and ran. I followed after her but couldn't find her. I hoped she would not kill.

I returned to the farm where there was debate over seeding rows. I decided to make a seed patch away from camp. It was there in the outskirts that my first son was born. He ran away, and so did the brother born just after him. My third son stayed by my side. I named him Rupert. Back at the farm the little girl with my knife had grown up, she was trustworthy. We two would protect the village. I explained to Rupert what had befallen us. He understood, soon he was working alongside those of us that remained: my mother and three other women and their children.

Then a naked Eve covered in blood ran through, killed two of us and ran away. I tried to find her but could not. I ran up to the bakery with my knife out in search of the intruder. I think I scared the baker and her baby as they ran and I never saw them again. Then there were four.

I found the body of the marauding Eve by my seed patch, the knife amongst her bare bones. I took it to Rupert and he put it in his backpack. We needed wheat for the bakery but there was none. I was too old to make the trek for seed so Rupert volunteered. He packed his cart and stood in the farm as though to speak. And he stood... And stood. I realised something was wrong and as I tried to force a carrot into his mouth he collapsed in a pile of bones.

I took his knife and put it in my backpack. My cousin had a child. I explained to them that Rupert had set out for seed but had died. He must have gathered seed while I was busy though as she showed me three plots of freshly planted wheat. At least my son had not died in vain and there was hope for his family.

I'm Rupert! Squeaked my cousins son in broken letters. He had been reborn back into our village! I was so happy. But I was old. I told my cousin to take my knives and use them for protection. Rupert would have one when he was old enough. I left the rows of soil and died beside a milkweed flower. I was happy. But I had to try one more time...

My next mother was busy collecting in the forests when she had me. She picked me up and carried me back to her bakery. The bakery from my village! I could barely contain my excitement as she showed me around! I knew my way around this labyrinth town that had claimed my first life in confusion. I wished I had the letters to beg her to keep me alive. I needn't have worried, she raised me to a child and I ran for the farm, clothing myself as I went.

My cousin was still there. I got to work until I had gained enough speech to ask after Rupert. She told me he was still here and she still carried both my knives in her backpack. I was so happy! My cousin checked my identity and gave me and Rupert the knives so we could protect the village. We had so much of everything we were free to stand about the farm chatting. Picking carrots as they grew.

My mother raised some more children, including one girl. Soon it was just me and Rupert and the girl left. We made pies together, I was determined to stay close and to help raise any children she had, while Rupert tended the farm.

She had some children but they all died. Rupert said he had to leave and I once again took the knives and looked after the farm while I prayed my sister would bear more children.

I grew old and knew I must return the knives to their hiding place before I was too old to walk far. I hid them in the bushes and died of starvation before I could return home. I hope my sister had children and they carried on without me. If I ever return I will once again be ready to guard the city from invasion.

#90 2018-03-26 19:39:15

Eannatum

teanah wrote:

A short life full of drama and sadness.

I was born into a well resourced village. My mom held me by the fire while my aged grandma was giving her farewell speech.

Grandma gave me her shoes and hat, my mother got her backpack.  She reminded us there were plenty of carrots and to be sure to survive so the next generation could be born. "Be Careful" she said.

I said "bye" "gma" "Sad"

She turned into a pile of bones. My mother wailed "Nooooooooo"

And then we were both eaten by a hungry grizzly bear.

In my next life, when I was a baby my sister stood beside me and typed "hugs". It was the sweetest thing I've seen anyone do in game. I love the roll playing aspect so much.

I had a mother in one of my life's who did that! Same person?!

I tell my children, "suck ma mammal juice". Then they do and I get cornūy

#91 2018-03-26 22:34:59

Lexyvil

Most of my lives have been unique, it's hard to pinpoint a favourite one when many of them end with happiness, humour, and sadness.

The moments I really love is seeing families and visitors work together, and the highlight of it all is not only seeing the progress that people have made, but hearing last words of the elders before they pass on their clothes and run into the woods naked.

Last edited by Lexyvil (2018-03-26 22:35:28)

#92 2018-03-27 05:58:41

stickyflypaper

I spawned as an Eve in a bear-infested area. I killed four bears in one lifetime. Unfortunately, none of my children survived to adulthood . At least two were killed by a bear. Most of my life was spent alone, making a starter village.

#93 2018-03-27 16:53:49

bo_derrick

I was just playing on the EU server which is still pretty empty. So I was happy when I spawned as a girl in a village with some ppl. My mother fed me well and said I could do whatever I want because they have everything. After checking the place out a bit Mom came back to me and asked me to start a milkweed farm. Glad to have a purpose in live I got to it immediately. I spent most of my life getting the milkweed farm going and succeeded at last. In between I gave birth to a son who helped farming carrots. After a long life I decided to go to the fire and tidy up the place a bit - you know how those youngins are, always leaving stuff on the floor. At my 59th birthday I put my clothes and backpack back to the storage, waiting peacefully for the final breath. When suddenly someone came up to me saying "Granny" I was surprised but felt love immediately. Since I was only 2 hunger bars away from starvation I asked him to bring me one last berry. And he did. He even brought me a bowl of berries. These were the sweetest berries I tasted in my whole life. And after saying "thank you" and "love u" I died of old age. But my soul will never forget this last moment of my life. Whoever you were and although we didn't get to know each other, I am so greatful for your deed. I hope you kept the village going.

#94 2018-03-27 23:45:19

Baker

I was into an average village. I worked hard for all my life until we found out we were out of girls. One guy committed suicide claiming that he was "being more productive".  A few years later another man came with a knife and proclaims that he will end our suffering. I grabbed a bow and shot him, an old woman then comes out of nowhere and tires shoot me. She misses and I run off to the other guys. I tell them "Old women is trying to kill me". The old women dies of old age and I return to the other men.

One man says "kill him" and the second man pulls out a knife. I draw quickly drew my own knife and killed him. I then say "why are you trying to kill me". I quickly grab the other knife and stash it in pack. He runs around looking for something to kill me with but I'd been careful. I had hidden the bow behind a tree fairly far from town. I try to explain to him that I was just defending myself but he doesn't listen.

At this point, I take a cart of food (We had a ton) and camped outside the village for a bit. I came back again to try and explain that I didn't want to kill him, I kept my distance and my weapon was away. He yells "Fuck you, I'll kill you soon". I noticed his hair had gone grey. I tell him that I'll be leaving again. I traveled explored for a while, I was mainly just killing time.  He looked like he was around 40, My plan was to outlive him. My plan was to wait it out until he died of old age, I waited for roughly 20 minutes. By then I was getting old myself, I made my way back to my old village.

Sure enough, all that remained of him was a pile of bones. I cleaned up his bone and buried him with the rest of the villagers. I only killed people who had tried to attack me first. It was interesting to see the total collapse of our society once the women were gone, We knew our civ was done for. Instead of living peacefully people decided to fight over what remained.

#95 2018-03-28 04:55:29

Eannatum

.     I wake up as a daughter to an eve, but she's settled near a bigger, low-tech village with 5 peeps. early on, she warns me of a bear, "left" she said. But the bear did not come from the left... It killed my younger brother and my mother as i was warning her that bears had a fear of baskets... oh the carnage... She would have been alive if i hadn't stuttered as a child... I decided to avenge her. I head to the larger village, a years journey. I spend half my life building a bow and three arrows.
     Halfway through, I find another bow and arrow. Oh well. It took so long due to an under developed milkweed farm not providing much needed thread. I return to my mother's settlement after telling my young child, Tits, and the older one, Vag, that they are to be educated by the elder men of the village in baking. Apparently, due to a witch's spell, the men could not see nor hear me. Only when holding a child did they realize I was an invisible mother. It seemed that the fates had wished me in a more maternal role. But mother nature was no mother, sending bears to consume our families?! So why should I!!? In my 40's, I trek back out to the family farm. The bones. Oh the carnage!!!
     A tear, the second to ever come out, as the memories of the first tear rise back. The bears had fun while i was away... Sure enough, I found a bear frolicking in the meadows. I stood tall and proud on a log, too high for the bear to rip off my wolf hat, and shot three, straight, and true shots. I did not wait for it to fall.
     Despite it being my first true bear, i ran after it courageously while it hobbled over to Hades' door. As it passed over the threshold, I painfully removed all three barbed arrows. Then, I ripped a crude but shockingly sharp rock from the earth and plunged it between bear fat and hide. I return to the village, bleeding pelt fearing to caress my crude skin. Tits has been lost. Him having been born a mongoloid, I was not surprised. Vag sees me place the bear pelt over the flooring I made around a new nursery. I guess, this was my attempt at being the mother that was never there. I shat another baby and it died as I continued working: poor sod was a mongoloid as well.
     My fifties approach. Vag has a son, pale in complexion, unlike me and my mother, but very much like Vag herself. Ancient Hunters had already brought 6 pelts. I had all seven around the dead fire. I grunt, hoping Vag would realize the heat gone, to no avail. There was room for two more. Time to go back.
     I grab my old hunting bag and my three arrows as well as one of the the artisan's many pies. Time to go back... The bones. The tears. my bones are a bit rusty, and the bear likes to play hide and seek. Such a playful little devil, that one. I stop often to rest, not out of weakness, but out of necessity. Pushing old bones will lead to shattered dreams. I celebrate my 56th birthday by entering a bear cave and slaying a family. I take the alpha's pelt with the same rock, found by the bow I dropped all those years ago, found by the bear I dropped all those years ago.
     I return, a bigger pelt. Still, there's room for one more. But the witch had told me the curse would also limit my life to only 58 years of age, the same age she was when she granted me invisibility. I see vag, now with a young child of dark complexion, like his grandmother and his GREAT grandmother, who I adore very much and educate in the righteous Amazonian ways. I show her the pelt, I say "I've done again". I leave the world to Valhalla. And over its threshold, I say my last words to my not-quite mongoloid daughter (although she did lose a child while being surrounded by food the pie makers made).

I say these words from my skull, flesh ripped off: "and start the damn fire".

Last edited by Eannatum (2018-03-28 05:02:30)

I tell my children, "suck ma mammal juice". Then they do and I get cornūy

#96 2018-03-30 17:08:53

Tarkolis

I was born as a boy with two brothers into a pretty rich village. It had a huge farm and already tons of carrots.

I saw that there are many plates but no cakes, so I decided to start baking. After starting a fire and making around 9 pies, my mother came to me and told me how proud she was of me.
That was the last time I heared from here.. Never saw her again.

When I stopped making pies to get some firewood I noticed that the village is really empty.. At first I thought I was alone but then I saw my two brothers. One of them confirmed that we are indeed the last people alive in town and also in the entire area, since there are only abandoned villages around ours..

We were sad but also hopefull that someday someone might find this village and survived on what we have started.
So one of my brothers finished a road and the last thing I did was to pick carrots one last time and prepare the farm for the possible next people.
I couldn't finish repairing it, as I was the second of my brothers to die of old age, but my last brother told me he will continue fixing the farm.

This was a really sad moment to see this town die and seeing us three brothers standing together and saying farewell.. But this is definetly a moment in this game I will always remember..

#97 2018-03-30 19:15:43

dpopa

I was Victor Mara son of Rose Mara. Early on in life I wanted to be remembered. I was part of a big family village, everyone was a Mara. I decided I would journey out on a quest for gold when I got older. I tried helping out with the farming when I was young but didn’t do a whole lot to help, it was very disorganized. When I was a teenager I started doing things toward my journey, telling all the people I could about my upcoming quest for gold even though I knew I would most likely fail. I started making a pickaxe, made sure my home maker was marked. I noticed that almost everyone but I had a backpack but I really didn’t want to waste the time to make one myself. I saw my mom for the first time in a while, now old and withered, starting to die. I explained what I was doing and asked her for her backpack and she gave it to me. I got a few pies, headed out with my pickaxe, and said farewell to my mother knowing she would be long gone by the time I returned. I was a young man with plenty of time to search, on the way outside of town I ran into my sister with a cart full of pies. She offered some to me and I filled my backpack to the brim as I only had two pies from the village. I told her I was going for gold and to have a good life without me. It was the kindness of my family, the Maras, that got me going. Then the quest truly started.

As soon as I got going I realized I didn’t have a bowl for the gold flakes I would be mining. As soon as I realized this I ran into an abandoned settlement and grabbed a bowl there and ditched one of my pies. I travelled far east of where I came from until I came upon my first patch of snow. It was small with no gold veins of course so I kept walking, eating pie as I went. Then I came across a large snow biome. I searched far and wide for a vein dodging wolves and bears as I looked. It took quite a while but when I was on my last pie I saw it. A small gold vein, I couldn’t believe it.

I just knew I wouldn’t make it home alive, I had enough pie but I thought for sure I’d be eaten by a bear or a wolf. Carrying my bowl of gold flakes with just one bite of pie left in my bag I made it home! I announced to the whole village several times that I had found gold. It was then that I realized there should be a king or a queen to lead us. The excitement of my village, my family, my people was amazing. I wanted to do something with that moment, beyond what I set out to do. A lasting crown, a lasting lineage. I made a crown and looked for the king or queen to delegate tasks to the people of the village. I found a hard worker that was too old and he declined the crown. I found a young player and he said he didn’t know the game well enough yet and he turned down the crown. Then I found a young builder and kinged the first King of Mara. I don’t remember his name. I was eaten by a bear seconds later at the age of fifty-six. I hope the King survived.

#98 2018-03-31 02:02:53

Merry

Tarkolis wrote:

We were sad but also hopefull that someday someone might find this village and survived on what we have started.

I think I was your mother from this life. Sadly, I didn't die because of old age. When I discovered my only daughter died, I committed suicide. I felt bad for abandoning you guys, but I also have lost all my hope for the future.
But I reborned in the same village couple of games later and it was doing quite fine. I've made it to old age, surrounded by my grandchildren.

#99 2018-03-31 03:58:12

Lepisma

The shortest life I ever lived... Spawned in the mouth of a wolf.

And the most interesting...

I was born into a quiet village, and when I was very young my uncle told me a frightful tale of a people who foolishly littered their town and left their tools scattered about. I did not live long - the village only had enough food for a few - but somehow it was meant to be, and we found each other in the next life.
My mother called me Charles. One day my younger sister Minna rallied the whole town around the main fire pit and told an eerily familiar story. When we realized our serious case of déjà vu, we joined forces to create a mighty legacy to leave behind in the town we toiled in. Old age finally claimed me, but I knew my sister would not be far behind, and maybe one day we'd find each other again.

Last edited by Lepisma (2018-03-31 04:03:42)

#100 2018-03-31 11:52:55

Baker

I was born in a fairly large town, My mother named me Quetzal but people just mostly just called me Q. I worked hard to provide food and clothing for my other villagers, I even saved a few kids being abandoned. After a while, my Great Uncle made a crown and named one of the kids the king. He also gave me his knife and tasked me with protecting Reginald (The King). I showed Reginald around his city and made him a backpack.

I served under Reginald for the rest of my life, Nobody tried to harm him when I was around. I grew old and Reginald eventually became a fully grown man. I was now a dying an old man, I gave my knife to the King so he could protect himself or find a new guard. He told me that he would have the next King named after me.

Long live the king.

Board footer