One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-03-08 16:52:34

xoomorg

Re: Favorite moments

ElderSophia wrote:

I can't tell you how disheartening this rule catching on has been for me as a player! Being born male is the only time I feel I get a ton done... Because of course! I'm unburdened by the constant children falling out of me so I can focus and get work done so the moms around have plenty of carrots. I've literally died and come back to the same ppl I was feeding just letting me die for having the misfortune of being reborn male. Like, how did this become a thing? PPL still don't know how to not waste food and the best solution we've come up with is to kill all the boys?

Okay, I apologize for my role in perpetuating the "let boy babies starve" meme.  I was focused too much on optimizing for game mechanics, and not considering the roleplaying angle or how other people may value that in their own gameplay.

Part of me wanted to reply that you're just as free to get things done as a female -- just ignore any babies that spawn near you.  There's nothing actually "freeing" about being a male, from a game mechanics perspective.  But roleplaying, there definitely is.  So again, sorry for that.

This anti-male issue has been discussed in other threads here as well, and I will repeat the conclusion I have come to:  Males should be allowed to live, but should maybe be kicked out of the village when they're of age.  I do think division of labor in terms of wandering/exploring and "holding down the fort" makes sense, and that division makes the most sense along gender lines (since nobody wants babies spawning when you're off in the wilderness searching for things.)

#27 2018-03-09 08:48:04

Gate Valley

I had a pretty amazing life so I wrote out my life story to send to a friend of mine that I was talking to about the game.  I had this thread open from earlier so I figured I'd post it here. It explains some basic concepts because he's never played the game but I've at least explained the general concept and mechanics to him. I'm still pretty new but that just adds to the story.

I just had the most beautiful life. I was born as a boy to a mom who lived in a small carrot farm that was

struggling to survive. We had a decent amount of tilled land but it was still pretty limited because for

tilled land you need to find rich soil mounds in the forest. But the real problem was water for our

carrots. We had 3 small ponds to the south-west and the only other source was like 30 seconds to the east.

And that's a long time when a 1 minute round trip is an entire year. At the start we were decently

populous, there were  2 moms and 2 kids which made me kid number 3, after a few years another mom stopped

in with her kid. We had a decent surplus of carrots so they managed to raise all of us and a few more

without too many kids dying. When I was around 8 years old I was old enough to make the year-long trip out

to the water ponds to the east, thankfully there were plenty of berries in the surrounding forest so I

didn't face too much of a threat from starvation. I also wandered around the surrounding area gathering

berries and checking out the landscape. I was around 10-11 years old when I stumbled upon a tiny village

to the NE of my own, it was small with only about half as many till rows as my own village and being

worked by a lone young woman in her late teens who managed to not have a kid yet, or maybe she did and let

it die out to focus on staying alive with this carrot farm. But anyway this farm was butted right up

against the marshland that has all the water. She had a decent surplus of carrots and looked like she

needed the help so I offered to help work the farm. So I fetched water and plucked carrots. We had 3 rows

of soil, the top one had 3 patches and the others had 4. We designated the top row as the seeding row.

After you plant a carrot seed it plants 5 carrots that take 5 minutes to grow to edible, or you can wait

15 minutes and it becomes 5 carrot seeds, which you can then plant to get 25 carrots and so on. But the

problem was we didn't have enough seeds and couldn't wait for the existing ones to turn into seeds, plus

we needed to eat those anyway to survive. I'd learned as a child that to the North-West there was a vast

swath of plains-land with rabbits, wild plants, wheat, and most importantly wild carrot plants that you

can get 2 seeds off of. So around the age of 17 I took a basket, which can hold 3 items, loaded it up with

1 carrot for the road and headed off on my journey. I reached the place after about 5-6 months and

thankfully there was a patch of wild carrots right at the edge. I ate my 1 carrot to free up space and

loaded up with 3 seeds. I came home and triumphantly yelled that I'd found seeds! But my friend was

nowhere to be found. I looked around but couldn't spare too much time, I had to get these seeds planted

and growing if I wanted to survive. I got busy planting and watering and in that year my friend never came

back. There wasn't much else to do there but wait for carrots so I decided to pack a single carrot into a

basket and head south to look for berries with the intention of swinging back west to head to the village

of my birth. I found tons of berries along the way but could only carry 3.

I ended up right outside my village so I dropped off my basket, grabbed an empty and went back for more.

Remembering that berries spoil (I think) at some point, I stopped at two baskets and went to survey the farmland in

the village. They weren't doing too good. There was a bit of chaos in the village but it was almost

organized chaos. There were 3 moms, 1-2 breastfeeding the babies in the middle of the village and they'd

spend their free time managing the farm. Planting seeds, watering, plucking carrots, teaching the kids to

not take from the seed row. There were a few older children around 9-10 that were doing the same duties

I'd done a decade ago. Fetching water, planting and plucking along with their moms. It seems even an older

man in his early 30s had happened upon the village and was helping around the place, almost like a village

elder of sorts. I figured since there wasn't much to do at my new home that I'd stay here for a while and

help them out. The fields were half empty and there were plants that needed water. I grabbed a bowl and

went to the nearby water ponds, they were starting to run dry but this was a dire situation considering

all the mouths to feed. I watered the few crops they had and told them of the seeds to the North-West. I

told them I'd go and bring the seeds we needed to save the village. It was almost a year and a half before

they saw me again. But I'd done it, I'd brought back a full basket of seeds. As I arrived I saw a young

man, probably no older than 16 headed in the direction I'd just came from with an empty basket. I remember

thinking how I was around his age when I'd made my first journey to the plains-land. I got busy planting

seeds and hoped he'd make it back with more. There was a new problem though, the ponds nearby were

dangerously low and we couldn't risk depleting them. The village would certainly be doomed then. So I had

to make the same journey I had in my younger years. I was no longer the young 8 year old boy wandering the

grasslands for the first time. I was now almost in my 30s with a bit of a beard. I made trip after trip,

year after year. The young man actually did make it back from his trip to the plains-land, bringing much

needed seeds. We planted those and I made more journeys for water. The babies that had been nursing when I

first arrived were now bustling around the village as children. An older one, around 10, even asked me

where the water was and we happily went on our way. I was eager to pass on my knowledge to the next

generation, for each passing year and each greying hair reminded me that I wouldn't be around forever. We

made our way back and watered the last of the crops. Now I could rest easier knowing that my home village,

and the family and friends within, would hopefully have a chance of survival. I knew I needed to go tend

my other home, but there was still plenty to do around the village so I didn't bother anyone about coming

with me. It would just take up time, too much oh so precious time.

So I made the short 5 month journey over to there and was surprised to see a younger woman in her early

20s with a child in tow, she'd just happened upon the village a little before I came back and was tending

the fields and raising her daughter. I gave what knowledge I could. Told of the water to the east, the

seeds to the north-west, the larger village to the south-west, the relative abundance of berries.

Explained how the top row was being left to seed but that there was a lack of fertile land. With the

abundance of seeds I didn't have to make another trip to the plains-land and we accumulated a good amount

of carrots in a few years time. Unfortunately her daughter didn't survive but a few more people came

across our tiny village and offered to pitch in. Things were bustling and we had a good amount of carrots.

Without much to do I decided that after spending around half a decade here I should go back and check on

my home village after passing through the south again to pick more berries. This time there were a few

less but I was able to leave a couple behind in case someone comes across them in their time of need.

I arrive back at the village with a big bushy beard that's starting to show my age. After 45 years of

never shaving it had become quite a sight. But the village I arrived to was different than the one I'd

left. The older man from before was now simply an old man and he explained to me that the village was

running out of food. They had a decent surplus of carrots but too many mouths to feed and not enough

carrots growing. They had a lack of seeds and water, what with both being so far away. And the few carrots

they'd managed to plant and water were done recently so they wouldn't bear fruit for years. I told him

that if things are as dire as he says we need to move to my other village to the north-east. I told him of

the plentiful waters and seeds we had as well as the large surplus of carrots. But warned that there

wasn't much in the way of fertile land. Unfortunately that didn't pose too much of a problem as a lot of

the younger generation had died out in the years I'd been gone. There were only a couple kids, their moms,

and the village elder left. The village elder warned us that he might not survive the long journey but we

had to make it regardless. So We packed up what provisions we had into baskets and started running for the

other village. Unfortunately I ran a little ahead in my haste and even got a bit lost, by the time I

realized they weren't behind me anymore it was too late. I tried to backtrack but couldn't find anyone. I

knew the way home from where I was though so I started in that direction, hoping that I'd either find

someone along the way or perhaps they'd given up and headed back home. When I got back home there was just

a lone child, no more than 10, minding the small amount of fields that had grown enough to bear fruit. I

asked him if he was new to the area or if he'd been born here. He said he was born in the village. He must

have been a part of the group that left for the other village. I asked him "Did everyone die?" He replies

that the old man didn't make it and he doesn't know about anyone else. I do what I can around the field

before I leave to go check the other village.

I arrive at the other village, my aching bones and greying hair a soft reminder that it will likely be the

last time I make that journey. The rigors of time weighing heavily on my 50 year old body. While I was

gone the few women that were there had given birth to a couple children who'd now grown old enough to help

their mothers tend the farm. They'd managed to accumulate an impressive amount of carrots. I spent the

next year or so tending the fields, doing what good I could with my remaining time. One day, an old man

showed up with a young man. He said they were the last of a dying village to the south-west. I told him I

was born in that village and lived my whole life tending its field and these fields here. The old man was

about a decade younger than me, maybe less. But there was something about him... Something I couldn't

place. Until it dawned on me, I remembered where I'd seen him before. When I came back to help the village

the first time and left on my journey for seeds! As I arrived back with my life-saving seeds, this was the

young man who'd followed in my footsteps to bring more seeds back to the village. My heart ached at the

sight of my long-lost younger brother, now an old greying man just like me. He must have been away when I

arrived 7 years ago and tried to lead everyone to these lands! The last of our village but with one final

flicker of life, the boy who he'd brought along. I recognized him as the boy I'd spoken to years ago,

tending the village all on his own at the age of 10. Some might call him a young man but to us two old

bastards he was still just a boy. My brother told me that it was just those two and an old woman left who

was not long for this world. Perhaps an older sister I'd had all my life but never met, only to learn of

her fate shortly before it is sealed with my own not far behind. My brother told us to take care of the

boy as this would be his home now. The boy started to work eagerly with the rest of the children. My

brother then told me that he needed to be on his way, he was going to try to move as much as he could from

our home village to this new village.

I spent the next few years tending the fields. Tending the same fields I'd tended my entire life.

Watering, plucking, planting. But before long I was too old and frail to make the trip out into the

swamplands to fetch water, one bowl at a time. Besides, we had a couple of kids that were quite capable of

handling it. And their mothers, the oldest being the woman I'd met all those decades ago as she wandered

upon the empty village, were busy in the fields with the younger women also nursing the few babies we had.

My brother still made regular trips, dropping off baskets of carrots from their dying village. I spent my

time resting by the fields with the young children, too small to work, and young women nursing babies. I

used this time to tell them all I knew of the world, to better prepare them for survival as well as to

leave behind a tangible mark on the world after I'm gone. I told them of the water to the east, the seeds

to the north-west. The dying village to the southwest, and all the berry bushes in between. Berry bushes

that, when I was their age, were ripe and full. But sadly were now barren and scarce. But that they would

slowly refill so make sure to use them if you need them. I told them of my brother and our village. While

I was talking about him he happened to arrive with a new shipment of carrots. I pointed him out and told

the children how our village was dying and that my younger brother was going to do his best to bring as

much as he could over to our village here to help us. A few of the older children followed him back to

lend a hand as my heart swelled with pride and a sense of real optimism for the future. But while my

brother was there he also delivered some sad news, the old woman from our home village had passed away. A

sobering reminder of my impending fate.

As I took stock of the village I noticed a problem. When we pull carrots from the soil it leaves the

tilled soil behind, but if we let them bloom to seeds and remove the seeds then we lose the soil. And we'd

had such an abundance of food that no one had been pulling the carrots before they could seed. We'd

already lost a few patches outright and a few had turned into seeds waiting to be plucked. I hurried to

pick what carrots I could to prevent them from seeding and explained the crisis to those nearby. I told

them how we needed fertile soil desperately but that I'd spent my entire life looking for any in this area

and found none. We needed to ration what soil we had left and use it intelligently. I replanted what I

could and watered them with water that others had filled and left by the farm. Even this was a chore for

my old bones. After I watered the last dry crop I wandered past a young girl who lived in the village,

probably still in her teens. I stopped next to her to rest and have a carrot. That was all I could do

anymore in my old age, just eat occasionally to ward off starvation and wait for the end coming all too

soon. I even considered not eating, to save food for the younger generations. After all, I wasn't capable

of doing anything productive with the sustenance. But I figured I'd made it this far along, might as well

ride it out to the end. Plus I'd worked hard tending these fields all my life, maybe I deserved to live

out my golden years munching a few more carrots.

Shortly after that the young woman next to me gave birth to a brand new baby boy. With one final purpose

in life I spent my last few moments telling him all I knew of the world. Of the water to the east, the

seeds to the north-west, the dying village to the south-west. The state of his new home; that we had

plenty of seeds but not enough soil to plant the seeds in and none in the surrounding area either. That if

things keep going the way they are our people might run out of soil and die off. By this time a few more

children had gathered around to listen but I felt my time was near. I told them to look to the future, to

try to build a fire and maybe even have clothes some day! I told them to love each other and to be good to

each other. To take care of their family. I was feeling weak so I ate another carrot, a carrot that I knew

would be my last. As I grew weaker and weaker I saw my younger brother in the distance. Now he was not

just any old man with grey hair, he was starting to look as decrepit as me. He was carrying something in a

basket, carrying it out to the field. I watched as he dropped down a fresh plot of fertile soil. It was

then that I remembered you could pick up tilled rows of soil from a farm and carry them in a basket. He

was taking the soil from our home village to replenish our new village. In my final moments I felt the

same pride I did for that old man as I did when watching him set out as a lithe young 19 year old on the

path I'd just taken to get the seeds our village desperately needed. He'd helped to save our old home and

now he was going to save our new home too. He headed off, back towards his home with his empty basket and

I saw a few kids following along behind him with their own baskets in tow. A few seconds later my eyes

grew heavy and I closed them for the last time. I passed on with hope in my heart.

#28 2018-03-09 09:47:29

InSpace

I had 5 children and fully clothed all of them. But for some reason everyone died before me, I guess because it was a weekday and work called.. xD

#29 2018-03-09 22:03:53

Capper

I remember i was born as a female in a very little village with almost nothing, we were 3 people me, my mom and my brother. Mom was very kind and told us to build a farm and that i was the future of our civilisation since i was a female, i got older and got a child which i proudly showed to my mother, she said she was proud of me. I decided to go north to collect water for the crops, but to my horror i was surprise attacked by a bear while i was on my journey for water. I remember how bad i felt, my death was most likely going to be the doom for the tiny village since i was the only female, they were some of the nicest people i have ever met in the game.

I also remember when i spawned in a thriving village and my mother gave me warm clothes on, when i grew older and got kids myself i carried on the tradition of putting clothes on my children untill i had around 7 of them haha.

Last edited by Capper (2018-03-09 22:07:39)

#30 2018-03-10 19:19:49

ElderSophia

xoomorg wrote:
ElderSophia wrote:

I can't tell you how disheartening this rule catching on has been for me as a player! Being born male is the only time I feel I get a ton done... Because of course! I'm unburdened by the constant children falling out of me so I can focus and get work done so the moms around have plenty of carrots. I've literally died and come back to the same ppl I was feeding just letting me die for having the misfortune of being reborn male. Like, how did this become a thing? PPL still don't know how to not waste food and the best solution we've come up with is to kill all the boys?

Okay, I apologize for my role in perpetuating the "let boy babies starve" meme.  I was focused too much on optimizing for game mechanics, and not considering the roleplaying angle or how other people may value that in their own gameplay.

Part of me wanted to reply that you're just as free to get things done as a female -- just ignore any babies that spawn near you.  There's nothing actually "freeing" about being a male, from a game mechanics perspective.  But roleplaying, there definitely is.  So again, sorry for that.

This anti-male issue has been discussed in other threads here as well, and I will repeat the conclusion I have come to:  Males should be allowed to live, but should maybe be kicked out of the village when they're of age.  I do think division of labor in terms of wandering/exploring and "holding down the fort" makes sense, and that division makes the most sense along gender lines (since nobody wants babies spawning when you're off in the wilderness searching for things.)

Kinda late to the reply but I did want to say I really appreciated the way you were able to graciously reconsider things from someone else's perspective. Someone should probably write this down as a thing that has just happened on the internet. My sincere thanks.

I know I can run away but if anything, knowing I'm basically the gatekeeper to someone else's fun has driven me to try harder to keep others alive. Besides that it's hard to keep people alive in general so letting only the Eve's live beyond childhood so they can also have babies is no guarantee anyway, right? Cuz they have a harder time surviving if they are trying to do that. Especially with the way some Eve's pick up their babies rapid-fire, even when they don't need it.

I do wonder what Jason thinks when trends like that pop up though. From the perspective of a player trying to log in it sucks but it certainly has some interesting historical/anthropological implications when subsets of players decide human sacrifice is how to save mankind.

smile

#31 2018-03-11 13:08:00

Lepisma

I was born to a lone mother in the wilderness. "You'll be alright, baby," she told me. "I just don't know about me." She did her level best to keep me fed, and when I was a year or two old we welcomed my baby brother, too. Somehow she made it work. "I'm just a mom," she said. "But you can be something." We told her, "We can do it, mom!" I was sure we'd make it.

But she died.

I fed my baby brother berries until he was old enough to follow me and carry a basket. We roamed from bush to bush, desperately searching for the tools and materials we needed to stay alive. Brother was always better at finding things than I was. I got lost and ended up dodging bears for a while. I came across a small farming community once, but when my brother wouldn't follow my loyalty sent me back to the woods.
I abandoned a few babies along the way, sad I wasn't as strong as my mother.
Brother found an abandoned settlement, and his carrot farm flourished. I filled a cart and wasn't too far behind him when another baby came along. We were finally in a place where we could feed another mouth, so I tried to do my mother proud... Unfortunately the cart and child were too much to carry. I got the cart as close to my brother's camp as I could before I collapsed. He was about 26; I was 28. I hoped he'd make it to a ripe old age.

You were right, Ma. We made something of ourselves.

I don't remember much of my childhood. It was rough. In the end, I was alone until I had a child. We worked hard, toiling under the sun on our little farm, three wonderful sons and I. We had a good thing going, but no successors in sight. Our line wouldn't last long, as I was getting along in years. "You bachelors better find some nice ladies, or we're in trouble!" A youngster ran in and out a few times, but she vanished shortly after, despite our pleas. Two of my boys died, and only George was left. I sensed the end was near.

Then, from nowhere, a beautiful sight: a youthful lady with a daughter in tow!
Our savior!
I gave my adopted grandchild all that I had and passed along what knowledge I could before my end.
It was a good life, and I left it with hope in my heart.

Last edited by Lepisma (2018-03-11 13:13:29)

#32 2018-03-12 00:14:02

Baron X

I was born into a rather sizeable settlement, but it was abundantly clear that it was an inherited settlement as my mother had no clue what she was doing, she later died before our farm production had been re-established, but once we got going we really hit a great stride - I tended to farming/watering and all by myself for a good few years until I finally had a daughter, I taught her how to run water and she began helping around the farm. Later on, I had another daughter and at that point I was pretty pleased with our ability to continue onward. We really got into a good groove, even starting to introduce gooseberries, wheat, and milkweed into our crop rotation. I kept teaching the kids little tidbits about proper farming, and we continued to grow. Eventually my daughters decided to allow another generation into the world, they each had a child by my recollection, but at that point I was already aging, and perhaps a bit senile. Anyway, weary bones and all I kept working hard, I knew ahead of time that our carrot production was suffering and I worked with my daughters to fix it, we finally hit a great stride with the compost I had taught everyone to produce, and again it seemed like things were good. I was getting old, I took one last water run to help the farm out, filling water skins and hobbling back to help my children and grandchildren along.

Then, in my twilight years, we reached a point where through some small mistakes we had a shortage of seeds, and we were waiting on a plot to seed over and restore us to providence. Then, one of the granddaughters, black hair as I recall, short, stubby, she asks "Where do we keep the seeds?" I responded "We're saving the bottom left for seeds." The girl walks near the plot and I knew something was up, like feeling a disaster before it happens, I frantically typed "NO we're saving those" and she started picking, pick pick pick, and suddenly, the dreams of a beautiful and verdant restoration to providence had been shattered by the hairbrained decision of that child. The entire tribe went ballistic, all realizing that we had been singlehandedly doomed by that girl. I was so intensely typing that I didn't watch my own hunger, and I was in my last years regardless so it was my time regardless.

I died of starvation, 58 years old. I lived just long enough to die disappointed.

This game hahaha

#33 2018-03-12 01:25:20

Baron X

Oh, and also an interesting one that was really fun but I'll keep it short as a story -

I was born into a tiny, very new farming community, a male, my mother, and a sister as I recall, it was easy enough, but as I was new to the game I wanted to explore and help out. I went out to gather resources when I was young, and I found some interesting stuff and importantly signs of life, I decided that it was worth the effort to keep exploring and see if I could find the base from which the signs of life had come. I quested, subsisting on gooseberries, until finally I stumbled upon a massive abandoned colony, tech, tools, great farming resources, even two wells which unfortunately at that point were dry. I was thrilled, I found my way back to my initial colony and I told them the great news, that I had found us a much better farm and that we should all move there. My mother and the male came along, my mother already aging at that point, my sister had gone south and was never seen again. We all gathered up, I brought them North to where I had found the base, and we moved in and thrived, pushing on and reviving the production of the town and truly thriving before my time was up. It was great. I was proud that as a child who no one expected anything from I found a means by which to truly thrive and support my entire lineage from just a little exploration.

#34 2018-03-12 10:46:59

DaughterOfEve

I really enjoyed the game I played last night when me & another Eve had a Bad Moms Club thing going. Our farm was cursed and literally all the children we were spawning were dying in infancy but we were honestly trying our best. Sort of.

(I got annoyed at the one son I successfully raised 'cause he jumped from my arms and soon as he had hair and started eating our food. There's no way he was hungry. I left him to his own devices since he wanted to take care of himself but he ended up dooming us all by stripping all the wild berry bushes for some reason, so when I was running with my new kid looking for milkweed and trying to stop at the bushes I knew along the way, they were all empty and the last thing I saw was him running and carrying a basket full of berries. My dying breath was a curse on him. I HOPE YOU KNOW THAT VILLAGE IS HAUNTED BY THE GHOSTS OF 1,000 OF YOUR SIBLINGS AND COUSINS!)

Last edited by DaughterOfEve (2018-03-12 10:52:38)

#35 2018-03-13 01:35:15

fyi1138

I was born a lonely Eve, all naked in the wilderness, and I started wandering. Luckily, the wild berries subsisted me for quite some time. A child was born to me, then another, but sadly I could not care for them.

I stumbled upon some earlier unlucky attempts to start a settlement. I wanted to make fire, but alas, could not find milkweed to produce rope for a fire bow, and while the cold drained my energy the bushes depleted, so I continued my travels.

And what luck I found! A settlement with a kiln! And what was next to it? Many plots of carrots! Some ill must have fallen over this settlement quite recently, for only three plots had gone to the seeding stage. Luckily there were baskets all around, and so I set to harvesting the plenty of carrots from the ground. Soon after I started, I had another child, whom I named Emma, and a boy, whose name I would rather forget. For soon after his birth, I had a second daughter. Shame on me, you may say, I let the boy starve! Alas, I was all alone in the world except for my children, not assured that any of my children would survive in this harsh environment, and only with a daughter could my line continue. Lest you judge me too harshly, we did take care of our boys that arrived later - if they didn't run off into the woods, that is.

So we set to tending to the farm, I must say I am proud of my children. While they were hard at work, I learned to make a fire to give us at least a little bit of warmth, and I tended to my younger children and nieces and grandchildren until I got too old.

That was when I set out to find us a source of thread and rope, that elusive milkweed that we still hadn't found. Carrying my basket of carrots with me, I first found some rabbit holes! What luck, we could get fur for clothes. And then, a wonder: three plots of dry milkweed seeds, left by the Gods know who. They were a distance away to the south of our settlement, but I watered them, and I told my children where to find them since it would take too long for them to grow and harvest myself. I hope they will, but in any case, by the time I passed at 58 years old I was content. We had a bustling community, the farm was well tended to, and my grandchildren were working the kiln and found a snare. Perhaps one of them will finally be able to make clothes for their children.

I pray to the Gods who trusted me with this abandoned settlement. May they watch over my grandchildren and their grandchildren down the generations, and may they be pleased with what we have (re-)started.

Man, I would really like the ability to watch how a game continues after I die. Some kind of observer mode, or a replay that can be downloaded from the server. I know, it's already in the suggestions.

Last edited by fyi1138 (2018-03-13 01:41:56)

#36 2018-03-13 23:27:25

MuffinGamys

Born into a decent farm as a girl. Mom let me work on a smaller farm. I made loads of carrots, it was great. Some time on my own working in the dirt. Soon enough I had boobies and I had a son Junior. Junior was a little mischieves but I loved him. He worked hard. Another son came, Josh but "she" like to be called Jill. Jill helped aswell. Mom started getting old but I showed the familly my new babies. As my sons got older I kept farming but then little Jasey came. So cute she was, black hair and always happy. My 2nd daughter was also lovely. Jasey wanted a bow and arrow for he bday so I started making one. Soon enough started to run out of food, but I remembered my small farm. I told the children to come with me and carried my 2nd daughter to the farm. The boys didn't come with, when my 2nd girl was older I went to get them but it was too late.. I went back to get the stuff for the gift. Jasey wanted to explore so I let her ofc, adventurous girl. I walked back and forward gathering supplies while Jasey worked. I came back and I had grand kids, I was a granny now but old. The gift wasn't finished but I knew I had to for my girl. I searched and searched but finally milkweed. I made the bow and arrow, came back to the farm but a bear had got 2nd daughter and some kids.. She was happy about the bow and thought I had died. I made more arrows while barly being able too walk. I brought 2 more and Jasey said "You're crazy", I loved seeing her smile. I help a bit but couldn't go far. I told her how much I loved her before I passed away. My sweet baby.

My last name as Eve is always Wolf. You'll find me playing with the plebs or in a gen run. Game on mah dudes.

#37 2018-03-14 00:04:11

Fikonbulle

I was born to a loving mother, she was alone before my arrival. She fed me and my now 4 siblings all by herself in a dead hunting village. When I was old enough I started to help with the farm, I watered the plants, looked for and found many carrot seeds. It was only one problem, we had no milkweed in our surrounding area. We were all naked and desperately needed clothes.

I decided to go looking for the rare plant at the tender age of 17, I had a kid myself now that mother took care of. I took a basket full with carrots and my mother wished me good luck with a "don't die out there".

It was a tough adventure, I was living on the edge, barely finding enough berries to stay alive. I gave birth several times but had to abandon them to the wolves.

It was quite some time before I found some milkweed but there in a large clearing I finally found them. I filled the empty basket I had been carrying for years with seeds.

The journey home was equally as challenging and the wolves was after me, they had developed a taste for human meat after all the babies I left behind. Seriously they were behind every tree.

I finally came home on the edge of starvation, I put down the basket and starting to eat carrots my now grown up siblings had farmed. I was much older and did not look like I did when I left but was still naked as the rest of the village except my beautiful Mom.

I saw my Mom, she was the only one with a set of clothes she found in the hunting village. With tears rolling down my cheeks and the words "Mom, I'm back with seeds!" about to leave my lips, she shot me with a bow...

#38 2018-03-14 00:04:13

Portager

MuffinGamys wrote:

Born into a decent farm as a girl. Mom let me work on a smaller farm. I made loads of carrots, it was great. Some time on my own working in the dirt. Soon enough I had boobies and I had a son Junior. Junior was a little mischieves but I loved him. He worked hard. Another son came, Josh but "she" like to be called Jill. Jill helped aswell. Mom started getting old but I showed the familly my new babies. As my sons got older I kept farming but then little Jasey came. So cute she was, black hair and always happy. My 2nd daughter was also lovely. Jasey wanted a bow and arrow for he bday so I started making one. Soon enough started to run out of food, but I remembered my small farm. I told the children to come with me and carried my 2nd daughter to the farm. The boys didn't come with, when my 2nd girl was older I went to get them but it was too late.. I went back to get the stuff for the gift. Jasey wanted to explore so I let her ofc, adventurous girl. I walked back and forward gathering supplies while Jasey worked. I came back and I had grand kids, I was a granny now but old. The gift wasn't finished but I knew I had to for my girl. I searched and searched but finally milkweed. I made the bow and arrow, came back to the farm but a bear had got 2nd daughter and some kids.. She was happy about the bow and thought I had died. I made more arrows while barly being able too walk. I brought 2 more and Jasey said "You're crazy", I loved seeing her smile. I help a bit but couldn't go far. I told her how much I loved her before I passed away. My sweet baby.

A very touching story, I am glad you two were able to share some moments before death. Those are the best.

#39 2018-03-14 17:52:40

MuffinGamys

I was born into a huge village. Mom was a good mom, she got old but feed me carrots until I could feed myself. I helped on the farm and started making pies. Mom had wheat planted so it was pretty easy. I got pretty good at it, and soon I had a son. I named him mikeal, he helped with the farm. I showed him to mom she was happy. I had another boy, mitch. He did great, kept the farm going, did most of the work. Finally a girl, I named her melissa, she help farming and hunting. Mom had gotten really old now, she wanted me to keep the farm going. I told her I'd make her proud but she already was. I loved her so much. I burried her by the milkweeds, a proper place away from the other bodies. I had another boy but couldn't keep him with the 5 of us so I let him go. I couldn't find michael anywhere, I asumed he died. I kept making pies and hunting but melissa never came back. I almost gave up hope but then I had Eliza, I wanted her to bring more babies and stay at the village. I got old but gave her carrots. She was working the farm with her brother. My brothers had now died but mitch did really well on his own. I brought pies but Eliza was gone.. I went to look but couldn't find her. Was this it, no more babies, we'd all die. I hope mitch finds a girl to bring babies. I said good bye to mitch and told him I loved him. At 60 I pased away quietly.

My last name as Eve is always Wolf. You'll find me playing with the plebs or in a gen run. Game on mah dudes.

#40 2018-03-14 19:03:17

MuffinGamys

Born an eve and had a daughter, I traveled far. Kept her since most girls die.. We went from bush to bush barley staying alive. I told my girl don't worry I won't die as eve. We kept going and I ate some berries but found my girls body. I realised I'm not the one to worry about, it's the kids that die as soon as I stop breast feeding. It's really sad, I do love them very much. I let kids die because I needed a safe place to call home. Found another eve but the place was awfull, kept walking. Probably 20-25 now but I kept my hopes up. Right there I found it, only 3 soils but it would do. I made compost and started farming. I had a son danny, made a fire to keep him warm. Wonderfull boy he is, once he grew he kept up the farm as I expanded it. My 2nd boy Tyrone seemed a bit odd but I loved him, I fed him until he could fed himself. I made more compost and watered the seeds. A girl was born, trying to come up with a name but she died as soon as she became a child.. I was old now, no more babies would come, we were dommed. I realised we needed milkweed, I told the boys I'd go and look for some, I brought one carrot and looked. I avoided bear after bear, probably mating season. Bear cave after bear cave I found some bushes, filled my stomach and basket. I found some milkweed but it was planted, I walked west and there it was. A huge dead village, probably ran out of girls, loads of food. I fed myself and ran back taking note of every tree and rock I passed. I came back and told the boys but right then Tyrone died. I was sad but didn't have time for that. I took the cart and brought Danny to the village. I made some pouches for him so we could both get water. But I was old now and the water out of reach. Time goes fast doesn't it. I gave my son my clothes and told him I loved him. Told him to keep farming and a girl might walk by and we'd be saved. I told him how proud I was and then I took my last breath. The last thing I saw was my lovely son as I died at 56.

#41 2018-03-14 20:03:40

Cryptodream

One life i was born alone as Eve in an abandoned farm. Only one death body and a full set of Rabbit Fur Clothes, i found Compost Soil, and created a farm of 5x5, then i proceed to farm, and farm, and farm, at the end, there was at least 30 baskets full of carrots, a few baskets with Fresh Seeds and Pounds with water, i died old, but i hope someone used all that food to build a good civilization.

#42 2018-03-14 20:26:46

teanah

My Mom named me Thomas. I had two sisters, One was named She-Ra.  We had a small little carrot farm a stove and a few other things set up, but a serious lack of milkweed. Mom carried me around and showed me where everything was.

I grew a bit and helped water the farm, my mom found and planted some milkweed.  I wandered a bit far and did that dumb thing where I couldn't put down what I was holding in time to pick food sad

I reincarnated as a baby a few times but was abandoned. One mom was eaten by a bear... It was a string of bad luck.

Eventually I became an Eve and picked up my baby Joe and ran right into my old town. An old woman was there taking care of the carrot plot she had stumbled upon it. My old family was nowhere to be found. I introduced myself as Thomas even though I was a woman now and told her my mom from another life had set up this farm and thanked her for taking care of the carrots. Before dying she gave me her clothes and I wished her happy trails.

I had several more babies, all boys, some of them ran off into the wilderness never to be seen again, a few were abandoned because there was already a baby. Two made it to teen/adult. Joe was a great kid, he managed to make fire, a Shovel and a well. I told him I was glad I decided not to feed him to the bears lol.

Finally a girl child was born. I named her Anne, she was a total newb. I carried her around and explained how to eat, not to empty ponds, to only pick fruiting milkweed. I introduced her to her brothers and when she was a child asked them to teach her, she was our future. Real life was calling and I starved to death at 32.

#43 2018-03-14 20:59:22

MuffinGamys

Born Into a big village, my mom was great. I started hunting and farming. Grandpa gave me clothes before he died, I miss him. I made fires and cooked some rabbit. My brother went far for water and kept everything going. I made loads of compost for our growing village and my brother helped. I had a son Lucas and after came Luna, my lovely children. I knew Luna would bring more babies as she was the only female left. Things got caotic when only a few people helped while the others munched carrots. I did what I could but it was hard. We were supposed to have a meeting but people kept runing around like lost puppies. I took action and did what I could. Expanding the farm and harvesting carrots. Luna was grown now, she took a liking to smithing and spent most of her days doing that. I got old and could no longer help like I used to. I did what I could, but time was not kind. Luna had a daughter, joys day we would live on, so beautifull. I talked to my brother as we were both on the road to death. I wanted to say good bye to Luna but couldn't find her but before I knew it I took my last breath at 60. Luna I loved you so much and you made me very proud.

#44 2018-03-14 21:50:46

Portager

MuffinGamys wrote:

Born Into a big village, my mom was great. I started hunting and farming. Grandpa gave me clothes before he died, I miss him. I made fires and cooked some rabbit. My brother went far for water and kept everything going. I made loads of compost for our growing village and my brother helped. I had a son Lucas and after came Luna, my lovely children. I knew Luna would bring more babies as she was the only female left. Things got caotic when only a few people helped while the others munched carrots. I did what I could but it was hard. We were supposed to have a meeting but people kept runing around like lost puppies. I took action and did what I could. Expanding the farm and harvesting carrots. Luna was grown now, she took a liking to smithing and spent most of her days doing that. I got old and could no longer help like I used to. I did what I could, but time was not kind. Luna had a daughter, joys day we would live on, so beautifull. I talked to my brother as we were both on the road to death. I wanted to say good bye to Luna but couldn't find her but before I knew it I took my last breath at 60. Luna I loved you so much and you made me very proud.

Fingers crossed that you and Luna will be reunited in another life. smile smile

#45 2018-03-15 01:43:51

MuffinGamys

I was born in a big village. My mom loved me so much, she named me Rosey. I loved the name, I brought water for the farm. We met a lady in the woods with brown hair told us about our village, didn't think much of it.. I went several trips before I had grown up. Soon I had a boy but I forgot his name since I'm old, sorry son. I showed my mom, she was so happy. I raised him well and he got a brohter, Leo. Mom was really old, she told me she loved me and gave me her things, she died in a quiet peacefull forest. Love you mom. Time passes and I kept farming when the boys grew. One day my boy came to me told me we had a thief. She had brown hair and was an adult.. she had been taking furs and clothes. She had killed my boy before but he came back as my son. I stod there with my knife but no one came. I found a body south, asumed it was her. Leo never came back and I felt so empty, my little boy. I had a girl, I fed here but before I realised and too late she was dead, I was too old now and that was our last hope. I made some pies and kept bringing water. My eyes now squinty and so my brothers, but then a miracle, an eve came by. We were saved! We let her stay and she had a daughter, I adopted her as my grand child. I could now die in piece. I left my things, said good bye and left this world. I was so proud of my boys, loved them so much. Take care of the farm eve.

#46 2018-03-15 15:02:23

MuffinGamys

Born an eve I took my daughter Liz through the wilderness, found a big village. Kept her warm by the fire until she grew, I kept farming but soon enough I had Clara, she was a lovely girl aswell. I showed her to her sister and they had a great bond. Gave them clothes because I wanted them to stay warm. I farmed together with my kids and expanded it with the compost others made. Taught them which row to leave and we worked well together. My little Liz had a daughter, the third gen was born. Lovely girl so proud. Kept farming and then Clara gave birth, I was so proud and happy. A villager brought wheat seeds and I made a wheat farm while still maintaining the other one. I was really old now and food low because others would take the seed carrots. I wanted to say good bye but the food could save someone else so I died. I got no good bye but I was so proud and I loved them. I knew they'd stay friends and keep the farm going.

#47 2018-03-15 18:20:07

MuffinGamys

Born an eve I had a daughter, she ran off but I was okay with that. I traveled through wetlands, grasslands, for many years and many babies died. I had a boy and we found a small village, plenty of food until the farm could support us. I made a fire and compost. Another son but he didn't live long past kid age.. I was sad that I lost my babies. My first was older now and helped out loads, I made some pouches and planted milkweed for the future. We were located close to four biomes, it was perfect, loads of rabbits, reed, trees, bushes everything you could need. Another boy, I'd keep this one safe, such a beatifull boy too. I kept him by the fire until he could help out. My first son gave me his clothes, silly boy, it was meant for him, I took it anyway. My first boy wanted som geese but couldn't hunt, there were plenty so I shot 3 that he cooked. Another boy, not surprised since I always give birth to boys, I put him by the fire and went to eat but he died next to the farm sigh maybe it wasn't meant to be. Me and my boys did well, the milkweed was fruiting and more pouches were made. Got some berries for compost. We had 6 milkweed now that would support us and soon we could make clothes. Finally a girl when I was gathering reeds, but.. my hair now grey and too young for carrots, she died. My curse yet again, when a girl is born I age and she dies.. I knew she would've had lovely babies but not meant to be. I couldn't go far now but I made pies and tended the garden. Slowly my life drained away, 8 hunger, 7, 6, it was time. I took of my clothes so my boys could have them, told them how much I loved them and that I was so proud. They'd keep the farm going until their last breath. Someday an eve might come by and stay there. Bye my boys.

#48 2018-03-16 02:01:40

MuffinGamys

Story time: First life. I was born in a small village, mom had to go but she raised me to a kid. We had one row of soil but loads of carrots. Mom and her grandpa was gone now. Me and my grandpa left. I kept farming and expanding until I grew older. I had a girl, Mandy, so happy and jolly, I really loved her. I was going to show her to grandpa but he wasn't there.. She grew up and started hunting while I farmed. One day there he was, grandpa. He had been exploring and found berries, finally. He told me they were east, since Mandy was old I grabbed a bowl and went east. Berries were far away but I made the trip back and forward a few times to make compost. I had another girl, such a cutie. I kept her warm and made some clothes when the milkweed grew. It was grandpas time now, he said good bye and gave me his clothes, bye grandpa I love you. My other daughter also grew but the soil was going low so once again I made the trip. Far away so I brought carrots in my bag to eat and a bowl. The trip took me through wetlands and bear teritory.. I walked past 8-10 bear caves being chased here and there until I made it. The trip back was worse, more bears out of their caves blocking my path. I came back and found a body and clothes.. Mandy was still alive thank god, I think my other girl starved next to a basket of carrots. I was getting old but Mandy had kids, loads of them, twins Bib and bob. After them came trouble and then Tim (Remember Tim). She took great care of them. I was very old so I stayed at the farm for my last days. I said good bye to Mandy and my grandkids. I told her I'd be back in another life..

Second life, I was born to trouble. Bib and Bob were gone but Tim was still there. Mom wasn't there so I asked for here, they didn't understand my baby speach. But then old and wrinkly I saw here. I left the fire and went to her. Typed Q like we agreed. She was overjoyed to see me, it was a great reunion. I was a kid now so I made the berry trip for soil since we were many. Made compost, clothes and cooked rabbits. I was an adult now, I had my first baby, a son that I name Erik. I was so proud of him, not soon after another child came, he kept typing SW over and over, I was confused. Erik was old now and SW a child, I farmed and cooked pies. One day Erik told me about a bear that had travelled to our village. I grabbed 3 arrows, 2 in my bag and the other in my hand. I guarded the village for a while but never saw the bear so I went back to making pies. Tim was old now so I told him "type Q if you come back", he said he might. He told me to make pies because he brought rabbits, I told him I would. Left his clothes and passed away loved by everyone. Life went back to normal but Erik spotted the bear again.. I gave him some arrows and he went after it. He had no bag. I stayed at the edge of the farm, he came back for a second arrow then a third. He never came back after the last arrow, I needed to know, needed to find him! I went out into the forest, saw the bear with 2 arrows in his back.. but no third. A few paces away I found Erik's body, I was filled with rage. I grabbed the bow and killed the bear. "You fucking bear killed my son, I will kill you!". My hunger was low, I checked my bag but.. nothing there, in my panic I forgot to bring food. I came to the edge of the farm but died of starvation.

It was late but I couldn't leave it like that.
Third Life, I came back to a mother I didn't know since I never saw the other kids. I tried to tell her, but she didn't believe me. She said that a kid can't kill a bear, I told her I left clothes. After telling her over and over she went with me and saw the bear. I took the clothes and went back. I made pies in Tim's honor, loads of pies. I had a boy so I went to the fire, there were 2 other kids there. I took over mom duty and fed them all but then a girl typed "Q" I was so happy. It was Tim! He came back after all, so happy to see him. They all grew up and I went back to making clothes and pie. One of the older villagers came and said she found a huge village. I didn't want to leave this place but I finally agreed, it was amazing, wheat, clothes, milkweed everything. It was amazing! She said that if we needed to speak to her say "SW" I finally understood! I told her she was my child in a previous life, she asked me if I was proud of her and ofc I was. It was nice bonding time. We brought supplies and the others to the village. I set up a fire to make pie for everyone. I had a son that typed "Q" it was Tim, I asked how he died. He said he was AFK but he was back. I made pies while raising him. A girl was born, Tim wanted to name her Bob so we did. She said she was a girl but she was Bob so she finally accepted her name. When she grew up she wanted to learn pie making since she could only farm. I showed her how and she started helping out. I brought pies to the villagers but SW was old, I told her how proud I was and that I loved her before she said good bye. Back to pie making and dressing the new kids. I could barely walk.. it was my time to go. I told bob I loved her and everyone else. I said I might be back tomorrow and they would keep it going. I passed away surounded by loved ones, I felt happy to die with my family there.
Might post another story tomorrow if the village is still there.

#49 2018-03-16 14:37:10

Aname

In one of recent lives i was a boy named henry in a advanced city and my mom was spreading religion about a spider god but i wasnt interested.

So i got an idea to make a crown and become a king! I picked some food a pickaxe and a bowl and went on a adventure.
The adventure was pretty long because i found gold really far away from my town but i found gold so i was happy.

When i picked up the gold whit the bowl i went straight back home and there where alot of bears on that route so i was Lucky i didnt die. And when i came home some people where happy. So they wanted me to make the crown. 

When i made the crown i was really happy. but then grandpa died and he said take the sacred knife my king so i took and and say farewell to grandpa. but it wasnt smart that i got the knife because i saw a son and his mother spreading religion of that stupid spider god. that was the moment when it went south.

I killed the poor mother and son. Everyone hated me and nicknamed me Henry the Killer or Murderer. They haunted me everytime they followed me they wouldnt leave me alone. I was getting paranoid that they wanted to steal my crown MY CROWN! so i ran away when someone came near me. Some people wanted me too kill more but i didnt do that. Some wanted me dead and 1 person wanted to steal the crown.
When i got really old i had to give the crown to a young kid so i gave it to a girl but when i dropped the crown on the ground someone stole it! I had to kill that person so i killed the person who stole the crown and gave the crown back to the child. Everyone hated me and i died of old age and i regret making that crown. and  when i died i saw the people still spreding the religion of the spider. i regretted all of my choices and that i made that stupid crown i hope the new queen is doing better then i did.

That was one of my best lives because i regretted everything just when i was about to die and i couldnt do anything about it anymore.

Eve Gluck! We are the great glucks and we will beat every other dynasty!

Best Gluck linage so far: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4082492

#50 2018-03-16 16:03:22

Aname

Recommended
by Seth
24.5 hours on record
Posted 2 hours ago
Last Played 7 minutes ago

Tale of the spider god.

I was born into this world and my mom taught me of the spider god, who will bite you and eat your bones.. unless you pray "Spider away! Spider no!" I grew up, and began teaching the spider god's prayer to the children of the town. My mom was reborn and together we continued teaching the ways of our god. Then someone came to town, proclaimed themselves king. When I explained that Spider God was our only ruler, they pulled out a knife. "Spider God protect us!"
I died by knife.

I killed him in that live i was the king. its funny to see this

Eve Gluck! We are the great glucks and we will beat every other dynasty!

Best Gluck linage so far: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4082492

Board footer