One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-01 04:08:46

Realcooldude

Corn???

What is this corn thing and what happened to the soil? Did i miss something? How do i use the corn and why cant i re use soil? I dont even know how to pick the wild corn. Spent half a life trying to figure out what i needed to do with it. Can someone explain please?

Ps one of the hardest grinds that i have played to date with not being able to re use soil.

#2 2018-06-01 04:14:23

YAHG

Re: Corn???

Looks like corn is OP as fuck... It has 8 uses and you get 4 of them per plant...

Yeah, only 1 food value but if bonus food is still 2 that is 3*8*4 or 96 food...

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#3 2018-06-01 04:15:05

Pronghorn

When corn is ripe pick it and then take a sharp stone to shuck it.

Pour soil on the ground using a basket. Till the pile of soil.

There has been an update.

Please be kind.

#4 2018-06-01 04:16:56

Realcooldude

How do i get the wild corn and how do i get seeds from plants. Not reusing soil sucks. Spent my whole life running for soil. Nurf carrots then.

#5 2018-06-01 04:18:51

MidgetMaker

YAHG wrote:

Looks like corn is OP as fuck... It has 8 uses and you get 4 of them per plant...

Yeah, only 1 food value but if bonus food is still 2 that is 3*8*4 or 96 food...

what do you mean 8 uses?  also what is bonus food?

#6 2018-06-01 04:25:38

YAHG

https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/1121-Popcorn

I can't find the code for bonus food. Every time you eat something you get an extra bit of food on top of what the
item gives you, supposedly it used to be 3 now it is 2. People tell me it is called mr.prettyniceguy or something similar.

If we do not cook the corn it gives only 3 base food, so it like a berry but you still get 4 of em. Cooking them just requires
bowls and there does not seem to be corn pie.

https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/1107-Teosinte

Corn comes from this plant

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein

#7 2018-06-01 04:33:36

MidgetMaker

YAHG wrote:

I can't find the code for bonus food. Every time you eat something you get an extra bit of food on top of what the
item gives you, supposedly it used to be 3 now it is 2. People tell me it is called mr.prettyniceguy or something similar.

If we do not cook the corn it gives only 3 base food, so it like a berry but you still get 4 of em. Cooking them just requires

cool, didn't know about that.  thank you

#8 2018-06-01 04:45:43

Lotus

but

why is it

so big

like it’s 12 feet tall???

#9 2018-06-01 04:54:02

MidgetMaker

lday wrote:

but

why is it

so big

like it’s 12 feet tall???

real corn is pretty tall but it does seem huge in game

#10 2018-06-01 04:57:49

Realcooldude

Om so shucked or un shucked corn can not go in baskets. Shuck with sharp stone. Let dry and hit with flint to get seed. Dry corn in bowl and cook i guess didnt get that far.

Was just on a server with dead soil as far as the eye can see lots of corn but no one could eat a thing. No soil left anywhere. Composting could have been done if everyone was not starving. No weat for pie cause no soil. The soil update broke the game. Idk how anyone can survive long term anymore. I made it about 30 min.

#11 2018-06-01 05:09:30

Spockulon

YAHG wrote:

Ppfffffbbbbbbttt LMAO

SAY corn pie like 10 times fast out loud.

Funny as hell ?

If you've got time to lean, you've got time to clean (the village, that is)!

#12 2018-06-01 05:37:43

ryanb
Website

You can eat shucked corn, but popcorn seems far better.

1. Pick Teosinte which is found savanah
2. Plant in tilled soil
3. Water and wait 4 minutes
4. Provides 4 corn, shuck with sharp stone
5. Let a shucked corn sit for 4 minutes to let it dry.
6. Place it in a clay bowl and combine with fire
7. Makes bowl of popcorn which has 8 uses, 1 food + 2 bonus each time

This gives you a total of 96 food per soil which is better than carrots but takes more prep and not as convenient to carry.

Still with the soil so rare I recommend sticking with berry bushes. Domestic berry bushes replenish in 8 minutes and don’t consume soil, just water.

Leave the soil for milkweed until you get sheep and compost

One Hour One Life Crafting Reference
https://onetech.info/

#13 2018-06-01 05:55:14

JS

1. Check out Teosinte in Savannah. (Seeds need time to open.)
2. Pour the soil on the floor.
3. Stick the soil with a skewer. (Making farm)
4. Wait for the seeds to open at the side of Teosint in Savannah.
5. After planting the wild seeds, plant them in the soil and give them water.
6. After 4 minutes the stem grows.
7. Harvest 4 corn ears.
8. Peel the flint chip (knife, sharp stone).
9. Dry for 4 minutes.
10. Put the dried corn in a bowl and bake in the fire.

Get the seeds from the dried corn with flint chips.

#14 2018-06-01 06:17:02

Realcooldude

Round 3 of corn.

Started with a berry farm. Small then planted corn. Made as many bowls as i could. Expanded berry farm. Shucked corn. More bowls! Planted corn. Eat berries. Corn with flint = seed. Corn in bowls make fire.

After that we had a big family of new players. I was able to teach them how to make bowls, plant corn, berrys, dry corn get seeds and make popcorn. I got to teach a lot to the new playes and one or two old ones. The teaching was the fun part. Although i still dont like the soil usage, but after it was started i was able to teach. I hope those kids learned something from old grandpa jon!

I would have set out to make a sheep farm but by that point i was too old. Hope the girls have some experianced players that can carry on and get a pin made. Sad i didnt get the well done.

#15 2018-06-01 07:03:55

Lily

As much as people loved the idea of berry farming, you never could take it too seriously with an hour grow time. Now with an eight minute grow time, berry farming is definitely possible. In fact, I am not opposed to the idea of making a a farm of bushes as far as the eye can see, if you got enough water.

#16 2018-06-01 14:31:32

Realcooldude

Lily wrote:

As much as people loved the idea of berry farming, you never could take it too seriously with an hour grow time. Now with an eight minute grow time, berry farming is definitely possible. In fact, I am not opposed to the idea of making a a farm of bushes as far as the eye can see, if you got enough water.

Berry farm is the way to go. Then get the xorn planted. If bunnies carrots for pie or just bunny pie. Carrots seem like a wast now days. Corn feeds a lot more people but takes a long time to get going. Still burning through a ton of soil. And having kids die right next to food.

#17 2018-06-01 14:40:52

YAHG

Compost does 8 now instead of 4

https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/624-Composted-Soil

It is a job to do but it really pays off better now.

#18 2018-06-01 14:50:39

Alleria

Realcooldude wrote:

Om so shucked or un shucked corn can not go in baskets. Shuck with sharp stone. Let dry and hit with flint to get seed. Dry corn in bowl and cook i guess didnt get that far.

Was just on a server with dead soil as far as the eye can see lots of corn but no one could eat a thing. No soil left anywhere. Composting could have been done if everyone was not starving. No weat for pie cause no soil. The soil update broke the game. Idk how anyone can survive long term anymore. I made it about 30 min.

That's because you're a pleb. The game is the easiest it's EVER been. You probably used to just farm carrots your whole life, right?

CORN FOR THE CORN GOD! Centiotl is our Lord and Saviour and he is 3x more effective than the berry god. Corn is the first thing you should start farming. Amassing bowls is one of the first jobs of the Eve. Eve's should focus on bowls and the corn farm NOT tools like the previous meta.

@Spockulon "Koipai" is not even remotely funny.

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions"

#19 2018-06-01 17:34:51

Realcooldude

Alleria wrote:
Realcooldude wrote:

That's because you're a pleb. The game is the easiest it's EVER been. You probably used to just farm carrots your whole life, right?

CORN FOR THE CORN GOD! Centiotl is our Lord and Saviour and he is 3x more effective than the berry god. Corn is the first thing you should start farming. Amassing bowls is one of the first jobs of the Eve. Eve's should focus on bowls and the corn farm NOT tools like the previous meta.

Not sure what a pleb is but apperently you didnt read my update. I started this post the night the update came out.

Now that we know how the soil and corn functions berry farms are where it is at for generational living with mass corn fields for future production. There is still a need for the carrots and pies and bunnies. As an eve or first gen i havent been able to get a pen built yet. But the last couple games i have got a ton of teaching new players done.

This update completely changed the way i prioritized my startng on a new location.

#20 2018-06-01 17:42:48

Alleria

Realcooldude wrote:
Alleria wrote:
Realcooldude wrote:

Not sure what a pleb is but apperently you didnt read my update.

I thought "pleb" was common knowledge. It's a more polite way of calling someone a noob. Meta has now changed, corn is only SLIGHTLY superior to berries. I appreciated the RP while it lasted...

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions"

#21 2018-06-01 18:45:57

Realcooldude

Alleria wrote:
Realcooldude wrote:
Alleria wrote:

Not sure what a pleb is but apperently you didnt read my update.

I thought "pleb" was common knowledge. It's a more polite way of calling someone a noob. Meta has now changed, corn is only SLIGHTLY superior to berries. I appreciated the RP while it lasted...

Im getting old. Im not up to date on the new spangled slang for everything. My kids probably are though.

I really think that having the berry farm can now hold over a vilage through the tough times, especially if you get planting right away. By the time i died we had staggered berry production in a 10 by 10 grid that could have fed everyone if the popcorn ran out.

Although we still had players (kids) die right next to food. It gave the town time to grow and work on projects that otherwise would have been spent waiting on corn to grow. Great for the new players too. Lots of snacks and can teach them how to plant.

Over all im ok with the update now that i have the mechanics down. Althoug soil sucks and takes a ton of room.

Board footer