One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-31 17:52:29

thewhiterabbit21

New objects - Rivers/Oceans/Fireworks/Gold Wearables

First of all, Jason, thank you. I know I already emailed you that and you graciously replied, but I wanted to say it again.

I know you are hard at work thinking and building and coding more water related things. What about introducing rivers (or larger bodies of water like a small ocean?) so we can build ships to sail on and fish from? I can see something in the future about having to protect the rivers or they'll get permanently polluted... That could be a fascinating thing to watch. Other creatures in the water could also make sailing ships dangerous. And potentially impossible until more advanced tech is introduced?

Can we also have some new items in the game that are super hard to create, but really fun and showy to accomplish? I saw a post of yours about fireworks. What about that? Maybe more gold wearables would be easier/faster?

Would you like anyone to volunteer time to help create and/or hash out new items on a private discussion board?

#2 2018-06-01 00:47:55

SimonK.Icyy

Re: New objects - Rivers/Oceans/Fireworks/Gold Wearables

I like the idea of large bodies of water being added. Imagine having to send people out with a boat load of food on a 20 year long expedition to gather rare materials from the sea. I can definitely see this being a big part of future civilizations. Great idea!

#3 2018-06-01 01:59:40

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Re: New objects - Rivers/Oceans/Fireworks/Gold Wearables

This is outside the scope of this project.

I need to start setting and keeping some scope boundaries, or else this game (and the 10K promised objects) are never going to get done.

I'm getting close to the point where the engine is set in stone except for minor convenience and bug fixes.  Almost all of the engine changes since launch have been these kinds of changes.

Board footer