One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-31 11:21:13

Aurora Aurora

More players?

Seems like theres way more eves and overpopulaed villages this week than last. Anyone know if we've had a drastic increase in players and why?

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#2 2018-05-31 11:28:21

sc0rp

Re: More players?

There are like 50 people playing:
http://onehouronelife.com/reflector/ser … ion=report

All the towns got wiped out with the decay+milkweed nerfs and finished off by the griefers.  Most people suicide as Eve or Eve's child. So they get born to remaining overpopulated villages.

#3 2018-05-31 14:54:52

Tane

about right.
I still don't know why there isn't a beta with updates on like server 2 or something.
I don't know if jason realizes the amount of players he loses permanently without one. 14000 people owning it and less than 100 coming back each week....
I wouldn't be surprised if it end up dead in a month the way things are going

#4 2018-05-31 15:00:52

FounderOne

learning curve is pretty high. And a lot of people cant handle frustration. They watch a video --> Horse riding and beeing a king. And then they also want to do it. But unfortunatly they starve to death as a kid the first 10 times and then they are frustrated and stop playing.

Sure the big changes are also doing their work.

So how can you work against that? Teach and help new players and its more likely that they will stay.

Its a rought world - keep dying untill you live <3

#5 2018-05-31 18:28:28

Tane

FounderOne wrote:

So how can you work against that? Teach and help new players and its more likely that they will stay.

Yeah but with everything being nerfed there's no time to teach anyone anything. Even without the water update there's only a few villages and no towns left. Everyone is so consumed with surviving there isn't time to teach new players anything.
Its pretty much driven away all but the hardcore players.

#6 2018-05-31 20:13:39

FounderOne

The last games I teached twice how to smith to three people and as an eve kid I teached the eve how to set up a camp. That were I think to many information at once for her, but when she can keep 50% of it thats still more then none tongue

Its a rought world - keep dying untill you live <3

#7 2018-05-31 20:15:26

Teleri

Tane wrote:

about right.
I still don't know why there isn't a beta with updates on like server 2 or something.
I don't know if jason realizes the amount of players he loses permanently without one. 14000 people owning it and less than 100 coming back each week....
I wouldn't be surprised if it end up dead in a month the way things are going

I have been saying this for awhile.
Jason needs to have a server where he rolls out updates for testing before making them public.
People seem to think there is an increase of players because "the game is getting better!" or "this game is great!" but in reality, they see "update", come to try it, realize the game got HARDER, and then leave again.

#8 2018-05-31 20:27:15

Amber

it could be the beginning of summer vacation, we will probably see an increase of younger players.

#9 2018-05-31 22:55:39

kubassa
Banned

Amber wrote:

it could be the beginning of summer vacation, we will probably see an increase of younger players.

I doubt it. Most people don't play an online game you can't play with friends.

I got huge ballz.

#10 2018-06-01 03:45:19

Spiegel

I personally like the idea of playing parallel to friends. When there's a big city, odds are, both of you -may- end up in that same city. You guys could just make some kind of codeword that you say to practically everyone, and if someone responds with the other codeword, well there's your bud! . . . Unless your friend is born to an Eve that just abandons them. But like Jason brought up in another thread (not his exact words), it would be pretty shit if there was a way to allow people to directly play with eachother, like twins, only to have villages densely populated by people who only use discord to communicate, and never actually try speaking to the ordinary people around them.

I personally have seen that as pretty common with other team-focused games, like, for example, Guns of Icarus; a game about manning a ship with three other people. If the three people are in some kind of clan or are together with discord, they tend to forget all about the game's built in voice chat and ignore the unaffiliated person on their ship.

Or it's common with Youtubers for this game, even. Someone in the game will ask them a question or tell them not to do something dumb like eat the seed row, but they're too busy recording and talking to the audience that they more or less don't care whatsoever about the regular player that was clearly speaking to them.

#11 2018-06-01 05:05:51

Realcooldude

Too bad we cant have a server for forum members. To test and respond to updates. Everyone here seems to be the dedicated players anyways.

#12 2018-06-01 06:51:39

KeyboardWario

Until the database can handle bigger cities things have to stay impossibly hard. He took out the apocalypse remember?

Board footer