One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-31 04:05:24

gbear14275

Ruins? Accident or feature?

So I spawned as an eve into what appeared to be ruins recently.  There were some tools and stone walls hanging around... but it didn't seem to be a complete set... almost like it was a former town half despawned... or in the process of despawning.

Was this a coincidence?  Or is Jason experimenting with ruins?

BTW... It was super duper fun!!!  I had some baskets hanging around and some pies and an axe, but no forge.  there was a pouch and the remnants of a carrot farm... just some stray dirt.  When the baby flood came we were all stoked to be in a half deserted town and were all about it...

Until my kids ate all the pies and the carrots hadn't spawned yet... and I died.... Someone needs to tell kids that pies aren't for them... can we beat them with yew branches? wink

But Jason... if you haven't thought about spawning ruins with eve's I'd highly recommend you consider it!

Anyone else eve spawned into a half-city/ruins before?

Last edited by gbear14275 (2018-05-31 04:05:58)

I only feed baby's who know the forum password "Q"...

#2 2018-05-31 04:16:49

sc0rp

Re: Ruins? Accident or feature?

gbear14275 wrote:

Anyone else eve spawned into a half-city/ruins before?

I've spawned into something like this 3 times (2 as Eve, 1 as child of Eve).  Quite fun trying to restore it to former glory.  Just run around and gather all knifes.  If not, mass murder starts as soon as second or third gen can hold a knife in hand.

#3 2018-05-31 04:19:35

Lily

There is some system where areas not visited in a certain period of time get wiped out and everything respawns back to a natural setting. So it is possible someone ran by the town at the max range or whatever, and half the town got wiped out by the respawning mechanic.

#4 2018-05-31 05:36:44

Baker

Yep, They are legitimate ruins. They weren't generated, People once lived in them towns long ago. If you have built a homemaker and you die of old age then there is a chance that an Eve will spawn near where you die.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#5 2018-05-31 09:40:57

sc0rp

This is very peacefull place BTW.  Mass murders usually started around 3rd generation:
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=176733

But this improved significantly, and if you are lucky, you get slaughtered by your second kid, once she is old enough to hold a knife:
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=195516

I got spawned today as a baby there again. I was curious what really happens, so instead of working my ass off as I usually do, I just run around the place and looked.  And there are 2-3 players forging knifes. And there is room with a door and lock and bunch of closed boxes there where they store knifes, bows, arrows, pies, woolen clothes, etc.  So they can easily go on killing spree whenever they spawn there again. It's like going on safari.

So if you do anything constructive there, you basically just populating slaughterhouse for them.

And that's why we have like 65 people playing out of 14000 that bought the game.

Remember: if you are not killing in this game, you are just a wild game. It's PvP TPS in disguise. The real men let you breed for few generations, and then they come with the guns and wipe your family off.

Last edited by sc0rp (2018-05-31 10:43:29)

#6 2018-05-31 11:33:25

Mr.XIX

gbear14275 wrote:

So I spawned as an eve into what appeared to be ruins recently.  There were some tools and stone walls hanging around... but it didn't seem to be a complete set... almost like it was a former town half despawned... or in the process of despawning.

A while ago I got the same 'half-despawned ruins' as well. In my case it was in a checkerboard pattern.

We discarded this as an issue with the server 1 disk acting weird due to overloaded storage.

Do you still have the replay of this life? Would be awesome to check whether this was also in this particular pattern.

#7 2018-05-31 20:30:15

Intangir

was probably just never fully built?

baskets despawn before adobe walls and i don't think stone walls despawn at all

#8 2018-06-02 09:03:55

sc0rp

I've seen today another ruins like that, prepped by greifiers for slaugther. Slighty more slopily - there is closed room, but no boxes, so you clearly see weapons, food, clothes and horse there. Real safari. I spawned as Eve and I didn't want to bother with demining it (they've hid probably more stuff around), so I've just quit.

Board footer