One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-06-02 23:04:14

YAHG

Re: Tweaks to hinder murderers

I might be hilarious if when someone murdered you, you could fly around as a ghost and haunt them <3..

I would get murdered if I got to be a ghost afterwards smile

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#27 2018-06-03 10:39:43

sc0rp

TrustyWay wrote:

Since milkweed has been nerf it is was harder to find them in wild.

You should rather focus on making only a bow or arrow, depend of the situation you want to get into. You will hide it, you better use your time in food making. But be aware, when murderer shows up, try to dodge, if he fails, try to take the arrow and get the bow. If your place is full of item you can dodge there, arrow will desapear, follow the murderer with bowl of popcorn and try to take his bow and then return take the arrow.

Or you just can flee, which is a gamble that depends of your suvival skills.

Thanks TrustyWay! For the first time I defended my family today (not as Eve, but early settlement still). I stole the arrow and had time to make a bow (I forgot about chasing griefer with a snack till she drops the bow to eat - that's actually very clever, before I didn't know why they are so pissed when I just run around). Lost one son and daughter to griefer niece but other son and daughter lived. Your ideas were definitely usefull. And next time I'll for sure make a bow before a lasso wink I should have been prepared before she started. I wish I could've killed her, but actually she starved while we both were running around with bows (I've eaten full before coming back for revenge).

Is it usefull to get rid of goose around village, to make crafting arrows harder?  And where to hide the bow.  Just behind some tree nearby, where it's hard to see it?

Last edited by sc0rp (2018-06-03 11:09:13)

#28 2018-06-03 12:16:10

sc0rp

Again.  Another griefer.  Is is normal to have griefer in 2 out of 3 games??? It's like I have at least two griefers per day, every single day recently.  This one stood behind tree and killed 2 ppl with a bow.  Can you hit him?  Hopefully he started running and starved himself when I went after him with knife.

Last edited by sc0rp (2018-06-03 12:16:45)

#29 2018-06-03 14:23:55

TrustyWay

sc0rp wrote:

Again.  Another griefer.  Is is normal to have griefer in 2 out of 3 games??? It's like I have at least two griefers per day, every single day recently.  This one stood behind tree and killed 2 ppl with a bow.  Can you hit him?  Hopefully he started running and starved himself when I went after him with knife.

So sad you meet so many of them, I didn't meet one since a moment. It isn't normal, maybe you play at the same time he plays.

You can put things behind every trees, even the biggers, you just need to aim the 2 pixels that can make you reach the hidden tile behind trees. I usually make enough weapons so I can put them all over the floor for everyone, I don't have to hide them but if I have to hide it, I usually put them nearby. If the tree is too open it is not really hidden, so I don't put arrow and bow together but if it is hidden, I put them both at the same place.

Pillars can hide knifes and arrows too. If you are in a big city, there are oftenly many hidden weapons around.

I manage to kill five people just by hidding behind trees, I find them utterly OP, you can hide behind every of them when you subbish the killing cool down. But griefers usually don't do that. I never tried killing somebody behind the tree, so I don't know if it is possible. I have been on the other side and it is deadly.

For the gooses, be sure to have enough stuff to defend, if not It can be the griefer's idea to kill all gooses so you can't make weapons to defend.

#30 2018-06-03 14:47:37

Tea

How about this : When you spawn as an Eve, you give yourself a Family name and say the words "I watch over this town". This will trigger a sort of justice system, meaning she can either doom or pardon someone. When someone is griefing or just being an asshole, she can say for example "Tim is doomed" and whenever Tim is talking, his speak bubble will be black with white letters or will have a black aura around him. Same thing with a killer, he will automatically have a black bubble or a black aura.  So other player can be careful around him or just get rid of him.

Now that person, who kills the killer, can be pardoned by her with the words "[Name] is pardoned"

Once the Eve gets older, she can pass that privilege  to someone else with the words "[Name] watch over this town". BUT if this player kills someone, this privilege will disappear and the player who kills him is allowed to say the words "I watch over this town".

Those who are watching over the town are not allowed to kill others, so someone else has to kill the one causing problems and be pardoned by the "Watcher".

Small children could defend themselves by throwing round stones at the killer, making them unable to move for few seconds, so they can run to a Watcher or an adult for help.

Last edited by Tea (2018-06-03 14:50:56)

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#31 2018-06-03 14:51:17

sc0rp

TrustyWay wrote:

I manage to kill five people just by hidding behind trees, I find them utterly OP, you can hide behind every of them when you subbish the killing cool down. But griefers usually don't do that.

This one did, quite successfully. He run out of arrows, that's why he started running.

TrustyWay wrote:

I never tried killing somebody behind the tree, so I don't know if it is possible. I have been on the other side and it is deadly.

I tried to aim, but I didn't even see him. It was quite fast though, so I'm not 100% sure that you can't.  I knew behind which tree he was, because bow has limited range and it was quite obvious, seeing people being hit.

TrustyWay wrote:

For the gooses, be sure to have enough stuff to defend, if not It can be the griefer's idea to kill all gooses so you can't make weapons to defend.

Yeah, that's what I mean.  After making enough arrows, not before.

Last edited by sc0rp (2018-06-03 14:55:45)

#32 2018-06-03 15:00:41

sc0rp

Tea wrote:

How about this : When you spawn as an Eve, you give yourself a Family name and say the words "I watch over this town". This will trigger a sort of justice system, meaning she can either doom or pardon someone.

Paradise for griefers IMHO.  They will create slaughterhouses via it. System is too fragile if everything depends on one person.  And you haven't said what dooming or pardoning would do.

#33 2018-06-03 15:22:24

sc0rp

sc0rp wrote:
TrustyWay wrote:

Since milkweed has been nerf it is was harder to find them in wild.

You should rather focus on making only a bow or arrow, depend of the situation you want to get into. You will hide it, you better use your time in food making. But be aware, when murderer shows up, try to dodge, if he fails, try to take the arrow and get the bow. If your place is full of item you can dodge there, arrow will desapear, follow the murderer with bowl of popcorn and try to take his bow and then return take the arrow.

Or you just can flee, which is a gamble that depends of your suvival skills.

Thanks TrustyWay! For the first time I defended my family today (not as Eve, but early settlement still). I stole the arrow and had time to make a bow (I forgot about chasing griefer with a snack till she drops the bow to eat - that's actually very clever, before I didn't know why they are so pissed when I just run around). Lost one son and daughter to griefer niece but other son and daughter lived. Your ideas were definitely usefull. And next time I'll for sure make a bow before a lasso wink I should have been prepared before she started. I wish I could've killed her, but actually she starved while we both were running around with bows (I've eaten full before coming back for revenge).

Is it usefull to get rid of goose around village, to make crafting arrows harder?  And where to hide the bow.  Just behind some tree nearby, where it's hard to see it?

Thanks again TrustyWay for lessons! I've saved family from griefer at 4th gen. Left them bow hidden (I've shown to one person where).  I've just checked lineage now, ane they are at 17th gen and still going. smile

Last edited by sc0rp (2018-06-03 15:24:07)

#34 2018-06-03 15:34:12

sc0rp

sc0rp wrote:

Second family saved from griefer as well. I was there at 10th gen, they are now at 17th gen too.

#35 2018-06-03 15:52:26

TrustyWay

Glad you save people ^^

#36 2018-06-03 16:06:20

Tea

sc0rp wrote:
Tea wrote:

How about this : When you spawn as an Eve, you give yourself a Family name and say the words "I watch over this town". This will trigger a sort of justice system, meaning she can either doom or pardon someone.

Paradise for griefers IMHO.  They will create slaughterhouses via it. System is too fragile if everything depends on one person.  And you haven't said what dooming or pardoning would do.

Yes I did wink

Dooming a person would give him a black speaking bubble or a black aura. You can also get it by killing someone. To get rid of it the Watcher has to pardon him.

But I know what you mean. Griefers can just go out and doom a person that didn't do anything.

So how about this :

Killing will still trigger a black speaking bubble (or another color) and the person can only get rid of it by getting pardoned by the Watchers. There can be a total of three Watchers and you need to be pardoned by at least two of them. People can still defend themselves with stones and stun the killer (and only killer) for couple of seconds and with ten stones thrown at him, he will lose his killing weapon.

Now for the griefers. What if we could tie up people ? Let us say, there is someone planting wheat when we absolutely need carrots. The three Watchers and come and tie that person up :
         - Watcher 1 : one rope will tie the persons hand (not able to do or touch anything except food in baskets and berries)
         - Watcher 2 : two ropes can tie the persons hand and feed ( will not be able to walk)
         - Watcher 3 : three ropes can tie him up to a fence or tree

If there is a griefer as a Watcher and ties someone up, the two other watcher can set this person free. Once the person is being tied up at the fence or tree, he can be fed to be kept alive or just starve to death. Once the person that is tied up dies, only the watchers are able to pick up the ropes.

Sure those Ideas might have a lot of wholes and unsafe edges but that's why we are here no ? To further discuss and to look for other possibilities ^^

#37 2018-06-03 16:10:51

Lotus

Maybe if you’ve murdered, the lineage ban lasts longer, like five or six hours. This way the murderer can’t return within a few hours and continue their work.

#38 2018-06-03 16:16:59

Tea

Still love the idea of the mark that a murderer gets when he kills someone and keeps it for the next (for example) 3 or 5 hours he gets reborn. An Eve gets a baby that has a birth mark and everyone knows he killed someone in his past lives. But what about those people who killed the killer ? Do they get a mark too for killing ? How about when you kill someone with that mark, you get like a free pass ?

Last edited by Tea (2018-06-03 16:25:55)

Board footer