One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-27 18:29:31

Eclipciz

My thoughts on killing

I have admittedly killed civilizations at their infancy and in their high.

I have killed out out of boredom, but after doing it for a while I haven’t done that.

Call me a paychopath or whatever, but killing is still necessary even though cruel.

When I see a famine looming and I warn the townspeople to not feed kids, and they still do, I have no other choice but to kill the parent and kid.

When I see a lack of recourse and someone is hogging it up to make their prized shoe, I will kill them.

I believe this has saved the population of towns that I have been in multiple times.

If you cut the population of women in half and men 1/2 - fully, the town is saved. The recourses are now open to the last survivors without a majority of food sucking people.

I don’t get why people say “why?” when I kill them when they sit by the farm and eat carrots, or eat berries.

I don’t get the opposition of the town-folk that I am evil. A culling of 3/4 of the town will save the town.

I have also done a different way of keeping the town alive. I purge everyone except me (only works if you are a woman) and have kids of your own. Explain to them that I am Thanos, the true hero.

That’s it. People are foolish if they don’t agree the population control is needed once every 3-4 generations.

Ethical Killing
One Step One Life
One At A Time

#2 2018-05-27 19:05:43

YAHG

Re: My thoughts on killing

You can do it that way or grab a pie and just sit on a perfect tile a few screens away for 10 minutes and come back.
That or go off to get seeds as in their starvation they will eat the seed carrots. Then you rebuild.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#3 2018-05-27 19:25:29

Go! Bwah!

Eclipciz wrote:

killing is still necessary

Nope.  The smart/aware ones will do what YAHG said.

And besides, it's not "necessary" to save a town.  If it's too broken to survive, let it die.  Not your problem.

Since you admitted killing out of boredom, I think you enjoy killing and have just found a way to (poorly) justify it.

Last edited by Go! Bwah! (2018-05-27 19:26:41)

I like to go by "Eve Scripps" and name my kids after medications smile

#4 2018-05-27 19:25:38

fragilityh14

you're just a complete piece of shit is what you are. You completely wiped out that civ for no goddamn reason. If it is over populated people should migrate, which is exactly what I did.

What you are is a sociopath who likes to hurt people for amusement.

I in fact, came back to see if there was excess population I could bring to a new civ site. That's the ONLY reason I came back, was to try and convince population to leave.

You killed me, an old woman, when you were the only person left. Why would you do that? What good did that serve?

Last edited by fragilityh14 (2018-05-27 19:25:53)

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

#5 2018-05-27 19:31:26

fragilityh14

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=150647

You killed 4 pre-menopausal females as a male, and left none surviving.

Last edited by fragilityh14 (2018-05-27 19:31:46)

Listen to your mom!

#6 2018-05-27 19:33:05

Teleri

Calling him out and proving what he did is wrong is not going to stop him.
If we are lucky, Jason will listen. Right? Rigghhtttt?

Hm.

#7 2018-05-27 19:47:15

Baker

Yeah, Towns should be grateful that you frequently massacre them for the lols. A totally sound argument, I don't have a clue why anyone would disagree.

Last edited by Baker (2018-05-27 20:12:51)

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#8 2018-05-27 20:11:10

Lily

Killing people like that doesn't solve anything. You have to keep in mind that up to a half or more of everyone born will end up dying naturally. Be that they get disconnected, have to go, starve, step on a snake or wolf or what have you. There is always a lot of deaths. If you kill half the population and then the other half dies naturally, you just wiped out the city. I see this all the time, people try to reduce the population and end up wiping out the civilization instead.

No matter how dire the food situation is, you need at least three females of young age. If you don't have three young females, you are risking the city falling due to lack of population in the future. One female isn't enough, as some times(though fairly rare) they will not have any children, or all their children will end up being male. So you need at least two females for insurance. Since one is likely to die, you ideally want three.

People who claim to be trying to save the city by killing people, rarely leave enough females alive. Some times they accidentally kill them all, or leave just an old women who can't have a child. Some times they just leave one, and then she just have boys and that is it for the city. That is why these people are viewed as griefers, they are not helping anything, they are just making things worse.

#9 2018-05-27 20:16:48

Lotus

Population control occurs on its own. Natural selection is common. Eventually, supplies will run out, whether you think you make a difference by ‘weeding out the weak’ or not. If people sit and consume carrots all day until food runs out, they clearly aren’t capable of surviving in the wilderness. The capable will in turn recover and prosper.

Innocents don’t deserve to die unwillingly for the ‘greater good.’ Be a sacrifice yourself. It’s what I do. Put others first, it’s what the game is all about.

#10 2018-05-27 20:27:10

fatalwolf

This has actually given me an idea. Now every time I spawn as a female I will leave town and start a new town either going straight south or north, basically just live as an eve. Seems like forcing my kids to start with nothing will prevent them from crafting a knife to murder because they wont have time to forge because food will he an issue. I also like playing as a founder then as a assgined villager with a job. I also like to test how fast I can build a starter town while not letting any kid die. I will only stay at my birth village if I'm a male.

Buff fishing

#11 2018-05-27 20:48:19

fragilityh14

fatalwolf wrote:

This has actually given me an idea. Now every time I spawn as a female I will leave town and start a new town either going straight south or north, basically just live as an eve. Seems like forcing my kids to start with nothing will prevent them from crafting a knife to murder because they wont have time to forge because food will he an issue. I also like playing as a founder then as a assgined villager with a job. I also like to test how fast I can build a starter town while not letting any kid die. I will only stay at my birth village if I'm a male.

This is what I do every time now unless i'm male or it's already a new camp. Even as a male I often start a second farm nearby and alert people that it's there in case of a food crisis. though i have terrible luck actually getting a female to survive and start a new line. I usually go east or west though. I try not to loot the camp in a way that hurts anyone though, I often just take a basket with a bowl and food. Maybe a snare or a fire tool depending on whats around. With just one clay bowl your ability to make camp is insanely improved.

I don't understand why more people don't do this, these family lines shouldn't be dependent on one village, it kind of seems to me that there is no good reason for family lines to end at all as there's an "infinite" world to expand to, but people never venture out. and I can't keep daughters alive.  (really once they are old enough to feed themselves and there's food around there isn't much more I can do.)

I want to add, there is a HUGE difference between infanticide of your own child due to food shortage and just wasting a civ allegedly to help it.

Last edited by fragilityh14 (2018-05-27 20:49:20)

Listen to your mom!

#12 2018-05-27 21:10:24

Sleeymoon

I saw a movie like this a few weeks ago. Can't remember what it wall called.

#13 2018-05-27 21:24:56

Eclipciz

Go! Bwah! wrote:
Eclipciz wrote:

And besides, it's not "necessary" to save a town.  If it's too broken to survive, let it die.  Not your problem.

Since you admitted killing out of boredom, I think you enjoy killing and have just found a way to (poorly) justify it.

Letting it die is a poor choice, especially when you have a ready option available to save it.

Ethical Killing
One Step One Life
One At A Time

#14 2018-05-27 21:28:18

fragilityh14

Eclipciz wrote:
Go! Bwah! wrote:
Eclipciz wrote:

Letting it die is a poor choice, especially when you have a ready option available to save it.

You literally massacred everyone and killed the city.

Listen to your mom!

#15 2018-05-27 21:40:36

Glassius

Sleeymoon wrote:

I saw a movie like this a few weeks ago. Can't remember what it wall called.

It's Avengers Infinity War, as killing villagers to aid village is Thanos style smilelatest?cb=20180325144529

#16 2018-05-27 21:44:48

Eclipciz

Baker wrote:

Yeah, Towns should be grateful that you frequently massacre them for the lols. A totally sound argument, I don't have a clue why anyone would disagree.

Yeah. I don’t do it every life, hell no. Only about 1/10 games I’ve ever played involved killing someone/people. It’s only for people who can’t check their own population and don’t commit infanticide do I have to kill people.

I’m all in for massive population IF everyone puts in the energy to make a massive farm/several wells to sustain everyone.

Having one old man on the farm while everyone loligags around is not acceptable.

I do realize killing is the final option, thus why I rarely do it. People always complain about their “hard work” being lost even though the most they did was eat carrots and made some clothes.

I’m not seeking extinction of a family, but rather a culling. Have enough women (typically 3-4) to repopulate and have another thoughtful person like me repeat the process if those survivors are careless.

I know other options, like leaving town (happens usually on a single person basis)
Like taking a pie and chilling until majority people die (everything will be ruined, very hard to recover)

It’s ignorant to think that population control is not an option, ever.
In this game, there’s no birth control, no government (like China) to regulate births.
The only way to get rid of people is by killing them.

If people who are thoughtful like me went on a pilgramage successfully, I’m in for that. However the odds of about 3 people all surviving about a 5 minutes run away from the main base is very hard without external communication.

It’s important to not be one sided on your outlook of population control, and see the other side.

I have seen the other side, and I use it on occasion when people put effort into everything! This is a major problem, and I realize learning curve affects this.

The system of controlled reproduction needs to be added or killing is still the only way to do that.

Ethical Killing
One Step One Life
One At A Time

#17 2018-05-27 21:50:36

Eclipciz

fragilityh14 wrote:

you're just a complete piece of shit is what you are. You completely wiped out that civ for no goddamn reason. If it is over populated people should migrate, which is exactly what I did.

What you are is a sociopath who likes to hurt people for amusement.

I in fact, came back to see if there was excess population I could bring to a new civ site. That's the ONLY reason I came back, was to try and convince population to leave.

You killed me, an old woman, when you were the only person left. Why would you do that? What good did that serve?

Being angry that I killed you is not how you discuss with people. Have some respect. Hurling insults is not productive at all.

Anyways.

Migrating is not always a viable option. When it is it doesn’t work a lot of the time, and you have to go back to the old civilization to get tools and such.

I killed you for reasons outside the game. What good does that serve? That’s a good question. For all I know you could see a lot of bodies on the ground and think I’m the murderer then kill me. Also, a bear did come I believe and ravaged a large part of the town (albeit before that current life).

I’m sorry if you were mad, but seriously you were like 56 years old and had no life left in ya. Killing you just saved the farm from being eaten more.

See the other side, don’t be hotheaded when it comes to issues that affect you personally.

Ethical Killing
One Step One Life
One At A Time

#18 2018-05-27 21:54:10

YAHG

Why should people respect you when you don't respect them?

Kills someone
Its for your own good man

mfw..

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein

#19 2018-05-27 21:55:40

Eclipciz

YAHG wrote:

Kills someone

mfw..

I may not respect them in game (via killing, I’m usually nice in chat) but when sticking to a debate, it’s better for it to be a intellectual discussion about an issue without attacking someone personally instead of the central idea

Ethical Killing
One Step One Life
One At A Time

#20 2018-05-27 22:08:11

YAHG

Eclipciz wrote:
YAHG wrote:

Kills someone

mfw..

I may not respect them in game (via killing, I’m usually nice in chat) but when sticking to a debate, it’s better for it to be a intellectual discussion about an issue without attacking someone personally instead of the central idea

Trying to split contexts with people is usually a loosing plan, they will just leak from one into the other. In the game you are
kind of a cunt. Then in the forum you are trying to justify it to people..

They ain't gonna see it your way, they are gonna get pissed at you. Not only may you have actually murdered them in game
(out of the blue as they saw it in game most likely) you are also arguing in favor of all the other people who murdered them.
Your positioning yourself as a wise dealer of death who deserves to decide who lives and who dies and how many. While also
being an emotional stand in for all the other murderers who they are still holding grudges against big_smile.

This will surely work out well wink

Now that you have instigated people emotionally you come back and say 'chill bro be civil'. Sure, yeah, civility is usually good
thing but you are the truce breaker. This would be like me going up to someone and punching them in the face and then being
like dude chill I just want to talk it out, don't take it personally..

Unlikely lol..

Yours is not a great place to start a moral high ground against all those mean hostile people that are pissy you killed them. big_smile
Bad plan buddy </3

#21 2018-05-27 22:11:31

Eclipciz

YAHG wrote:
Eclipciz wrote:
YAHG wrote:

Kills someone

mfw..

Trying to split contexts with people is usually a loosing plan, they will just leak from one into the other. In the game you are
kind of a cunt. Then in the forum you are trying to justify it to people..

They ain't gonna see it your way, they are gonna get pissed at you. Not only may you have actually murdered them in game
(out of the blue as they saw it in game most likely) you are also arguing in favor of all the other people who murdered them.
Your positioning yourself as a wise dealer of death who deserves to decide who lives and who dies and how many. While also
being an emotional stand in for all the other murderers who they are still holding grudges against big_smile.

This will surely work out well wink

Now that you have instigated people emotionally you come back and say 'chill bro be civil'. Sure, yeah, civility is usually good
thing but you are the truce breaker. This would be like me going up to someone and punching them in the face and then being
like dude chill I just want to talk it out, don't take it personally..

Unlikely lol..

Yours is not a great place to start a moral high ground against all those mean hostile people that are pissy you killed them. big_smile

Bad plan buddy </3

Idc if people kill me to have the same idea as me.

If I can see a problem and eliminate it that’s me, anyone could do that.

also the smiley faces are just you being facetious. it’s time to stop.

Ethical Killing
One Step One Life
One At A Time

#22 2018-05-27 22:15:43

Crow

You're really just trying to justify being a dick and then telling people to have a civil, intellectual, debate about you being a dick. Your reasoning on the last thread was that "spooky discord people" told you to do it so you probably don't get to take any moral high ground on that one.

#23 2018-05-27 22:16:24

Sibiohan

I understand the need for population control and often tell my kiddos that I’m sorry I can’t keep them (and have often been left to die as well). However I can’t take your argument seriously when you admit on another thread that you wiped out an entire town and you were the last left (and a male!). At some point you just have to admit you are doing it for fun and not out of the benevolence.

#24 2018-05-27 22:16:34

YAHG

Nah I am mocking you for being a crybully.

#25 2018-05-27 22:18:46

Eclipciz

Sibiohan wrote:

I understand the need for population control and often tell my kiddos that I’m sorry I can’t keep them (and have often been left to die as well). However I can’t take your argument seriously when you admit on another thread that you wiped out an entire town and you were the last left (and a male!). At some point you just have to admit you are doing it for fun and not out of the benevolence.

I used to do that now I don’t. Because saving people is more important than my own satisfaction, make sense?

Ethical Killing
One Step One Life
One At A Time

Board footer