One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-01 22:43:35

Kabouik

[Suggestion] WASD movement

Hey,

First of all, I must say this game is fascinating in the way it made strangers interact with each other in a way that they actually share motherly feelings and tell how much they care and love each other. None of my moms will be forgotten, and I loved all my children. Good work.

Now, the game is played only with the mouse except for talking and cycling through recipes. This makes it very simple and straightforward, but also causes very frustrating situations when moving and trying to select or interact with objects. Moving moves the camera, which makes it very hard to select tiles or objects, or hyperactive babies, since the position of the cursor alters the said movement. As an exemple, remember how you died when you were starving and running to a berry bush and failed to click on it during the last three seconds of your life.

How difficult would it be to add a setting to use WASD for movement and therefore decouple targeting and moving for those who prefer it? The left hand is pretty much unused in the game game so far, so I don't see many cons for this option except maybe if it's difficult to implement. I really think it would make my experience a lot better in this game.

Last edited by Kabouik (2018-03-01 22:47:02)

#2 2018-03-01 22:58:00

Uncle Gus

Re: [Suggestion] WASD movement

#3 2018-03-01 22:59:53

Kabouik

Re: [Suggestion] WASD movement

I missed this one, thanks.

Board footer