One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-08 02:18:14

Jeffery

Ideas for a new murder system

So at the moment when some psychopath comes up to you with a knife or bow they can kill you outright. My new idea is when someone kills you they have to clean off their knife, the person needs to wipe it off with a leaf, meaning you can't stockpile them. If someone doesn't clean their knife then they'll have a 33% chance of getting infected, which will cause the person to become weak, like a child. This makes it so the person cannot wield weapons and needs to be cared for a few years, maybe 5-7. So if the person is a mass murderer than the village can either help the person or let them die. There could be a new disease/sickness system added to the game. Just a few thoughts and ideas.

#2 2018-05-08 04:37:04

stickyflypaper

Re: Ideas for a new murder system

Interesting idea.

It could be good to add more risk to murdering, such as a chance of infection, or losing your mind.
There could also be a chance of not actually killing the victim. It should be possible to survive a knife attack. Maybe the potential murderer missed any vital organs.
Adding healing medicines to the game would be good too.

#3 2018-05-08 05:09:51

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Well, you're currently "stalled" and slow/helpless with a bloody knife stuck in your hand for a while after murdering.

Ideas about making the murderer require the help of others to "recover" from the act of murder have been floated.  Like, maybe murder is hungry work, and they will starve to death post-murder if a friend doesn't feed them.

BUT, this will make it very hard for a lone farmer/Eve to defend themselves.

#4 2018-05-08 05:20:43

GreenTeaCat

I like this idea. I think there definitely needs to be more of a punishment, because right now, you can pretty much get away with murder whenever you please. I don't think murder should completely go away, because it is part of the experience, but it shouldn't be so easy, in my opinion.

#5 2018-05-08 05:39:48

YAHG

If you could just stab em back while you were typing in red it would be fine. Just kill em back, so they gotta make it worth it.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#6 2018-05-08 07:05:00

breezeknight

lol

that's what this game urgently needs - MORE OPTIONS TO CAUSE HAVOC

lol

well, make a suggestion here https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggestions/
since there are not many players left, so maybe players still there mimicking decay are willing to vote you up

#7 2018-05-08 12:24:04

TrustyWay

I think we should still keep the game hard.

If you have a weapon around YOU WILL ALWAYS have the time to kill the murderer during his cool down. And if knifes don't work. It would make bow super strong.

I think the acctual system is good, you just have to learn how to play. First time fighting it is very hard and stressful but now, nobody stands against me.

With the acctual mechanics, fight are skill based, which is very good.

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-05-08 12:25:42)

#8 2018-05-08 14:34:48

Shenga

Another idea to put more skill into murdering:

Witnesses and spreading information
- Everyone in the area of the murder becomes a witness, by seeing the shocked murderer with blood on the knife or seeing the victim
- Every witness which gets in contact to other characters automatically informs them about the murder (some panicking sound and fuzzy mouth, maybe a knife in the speech bubble)
- All witnesses and informed people see a red glow around the murderer
- Once the murderer dies from any cause all of the witnesses/informed people may forget about him again

It is just some interface solution to keep track of such crimes automatically. Assuming the community is already in some kind of voice chat it would barely add anything to the game, however it help's the random communities to organize and maybe develop some kind of counter. Like a "stick in groups of 3 at least" rule or allowing for some kind of law enforcement. Maybe killing a murderer doesn't make you one but dunno on what direction this might go best.

Last edited by Shenga (2018-05-08 14:39:35)

#9 2018-05-08 15:36:29

Jeffery

My idea is to have more of a disease system, like irl. If the murderer cannot get well than they'll starve or die via the disease. It could obviously backfire with griefers running around and infecting everyone they see, killing entire cities. But it would be cool and terrifying realizing that someone has contracted a plague and will have to be turned out into the wilderness or risk destroying the entire civilization. The disease could be cured depending on how destructive it is. Maybe the common cold could be cured via a simple potion or being fed well, but if the entire city has the disease than it'll be that much harder to cure. The disease could also evolve with the game, when people get a new and better cure than the disease will become more and more deadly.

Board footer