One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-26 19:11:26

Roolstar

My unusual son who spoke in symbols (666)

I logged into a public server where 1 player is present, and sure enough I'm a baby and my mom keeps saying 666.
I quit and rejoin straight away, I spawned as an eve.
Sharp rock - basket - 3 ropes - 1 thread a fire - 3 cooked rabbit - A pouch - and 7 carrot plots later comes my last child, a boy.
I gave birth to 3 babies during that time, and neglected them all. But this last one made me pause: what would he grow up to be?
I had the means to raise him, and decided I'll love him as my own.
He was a peculiar child, always screaming 6, 66 or 666; Some sort of alien language that's beyond my reach.
He seemed to be lost in this world, unable to make sense of it.
He did seem to appreciate me feeding him and had the cutest mouth when chewing food.
Soon he has hair, still aimless, still confused. I made sure we had berries and a fire around and used my hunger meter to track his, making sure he's never starving. I even made him a coat, but sadly he was already too old for me to dress him myself.
I'm getting a bit old now, he's about 14. getting further and further away from base, and I'm always close to him with a backpack full of carrots.
I'm able to start 8 plots of milkweed (I'm good at finding great locations), which is where I usually either end my life or go after some wolves in my last days.
Not this time.
This time my child is all grown up. He had never had a life as long as this one.
I gave him the best chance anyone could; I kept him fed and protected, and he even watched me tending to the farm when he was a baby and I could keep him close.
He was an entity trying to make sense of this 2D world, just like me.
But we are fairly away from camp now and my strength isn't what it used to be.
Berries are far from reach and had one last carrot in my backpack, my hunger is in the last 2 squares, and his is probably the same.
Parents are not meant to outlive their children I thought.
So I fed him the carrot and watched his cute little mouth shewing food for the last time before I died of hunger at age 48.
My only regret was not naming him. Or maybe it's not for me to name him, maybe he will choose his own name one day, start his own legacy.
I may come back and find him tending the colony one day, I hope he'll be able to recognize me.
But most of all, I hope he learned something.

Last edited by Roolstar (2018-04-26 19:27:13)

God is still learning to use His powers; and just like with any other mortal, it's gonna require both mistakes and time.

Only to eventually discover He did not create the world he always wanted, but the world he was forced to create.

#2 2018-04-26 19:55:37

MistressZues

Re: My unusual son who spoke in symbols (666)

Aww now I want to raise a bot baby lol. Im curious to see if the girls can have babies.

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

#3 2018-04-26 20:10:05

Roolstar

MistressZues wrote:

Aww now I want to raise a bot baby lol. Im curious to see if the girls can have babies.

Sure they can, if you get them to age. Or if you are alone on the server you can even kill yourself and spawn as their baby; you'll starve tho since they can't take care of you, yet...

Last edited by Roolstar (2018-04-26 20:25:29)

God is still learning to use His powers; and just like with any other mortal, it's gonna require both mistakes and time.

Only to eventually discover He did not create the world he always wanted, but the world he was forced to create.

#4 2018-04-26 20:32:38

Glassius

So sad sad But I loved your story smile

#5 2018-04-27 14:07:08

MistressZues

ok new challange lol raise a bot baby to adult hood if you have a girl raise bot baby to adulthood an all her children or atleast one preferably a girl so your work doesnt go into nothing

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

Board footer