One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-26 16:53:39

Drakulon

Police investigation 666

kubassa requested that i will be the police in this case and i gladly accept this challenge.

So as many of you might have noticed, there are bots writing 666 in game.
This thread is to collect as much information as possible about the bots and their creator.
If you have any new information or ideas please tell everyone here. (even the smallest info might be useful)

Six hours ago someone called "Santan", made a review http://onehouronelife.com/reviewServer/ … ew&id=3160

Santan wrote:

Embrace my kids or get punished.
autoSprintf("User away from keyboard. Machines took over.");
myExistance = false;

apocalypseCounterBroken = true;
generationCounterBroken = true;
onlinetimeCounterBroken = true;
--TODO: failcraftsCounterBroken = true

Looking for new targets. Please provide.

D
E
A
L

W
I
T
H

I
T

P.S.
Game sold as finished product with weekly content DLCs.
Reality: game breaking updates at least once a week (sometimes even crashing servers) followed by few days of hotfixes.

If you click the link, you can see that this person has more than 368 hours of gameplay. (i will assume that he is an he from now on)
Under the hours of gameplay you can see when he was last online. I am watching this since a few hours and it always says that he was online less than 1 min ago.
So this means it is very likely that he is indeed the creator of the 666 bots.

A very important question is, how many bots does he control?
He has atleast 1 bot for every server, we know now that that is easily possible, thanks to powa:

powa wrote:

You can logon to multiple servers with one key.  I just tested it by copying my game folder and running two instances.  On Linux, you don't even have to have multiple game copies to do it.

But if it turns out that he controls more than 1 bot per server, that might suggest that there is a serious flaw with the game/website that needs to be fixed asap.
So if you see two or more bots at the same time please write about it here.

The motivation of Santan is clear. He is disappointed in the game and he wants to let everyone know.
But what exactly is his plan?

As far as i know, the bots write 666 and run around randomly, without being either productive or actively destructive.
But i heard rumors that the bots learn and get better over time. Is this true? Does anyone know more about this?

Santan is nice enough to give us some hints:

Santan wrote:

But what do they mean? At the first look i would say that he accomplished 3 goals, and that he has atleast 1 more that he wants to do.
But I dont understand the goals, apocalypse counter broken ? generation counter broken? Is he breaking counters? What?
Who can understand this riddle? How does it relate to the game?
And there is also this line:

Santan wrote:

Looking for new targets. Please provide.

Is he asking the community for suggestions for his next goals? Where does he want that we post these suggestions? This thread maybe?

Any help is appreciated, thanks

- your trust worthy police officer

#2 2018-04-26 17:03:02

kubassa
Banned

Re: Police investigation 666

Wow a post that show absolutely nothing. You will make a fine police officer making things up. GG.

I got huge ballz.

#3 2018-04-26 17:12:54

Drakulon

kubassa please, i poured my life into this thread, just for you
dont be so mean to me

#4 2018-04-26 17:13:23

FeignedSanity

kubassa wrote:

Wow a post that show absolutely nothing. You will make a fine police officer making things up. GG.

It looked to me like he showed quite a bit, I must be missing something.

Believe you're right, but don't believe you can't be wrong.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Days peppers/onions/tomatoes left unfixed: 120
Do your part and remind Jason to fix these damn vegetables.

#5 2018-04-26 18:18:52

Roolstar

Drakulon wrote:
Santan wrote:

By spawning multiple bots on multiple servers, any data gathered by simple counters would be more and more meaningless with time.

onlinetimeCounterBroken = true; Just look at the homepage of OHOL : 1,327,512 lives lived for a total of 186,711 hours. This counter means nothing now, how many times were his bots counted within those? (counter broken)

As for the first two, they seem to be past "projects".

My guess:
apocalypseCounterBroken = true; In fact Apocalypse counter = 5, until future notice. This may mean that he considers himself one of those who "made" Jason stop the apocalypse.
Clue: Statan may have triggered the apocalypse himself or was one of the people who tried to trigger it as many times as possible to make Jason remove it.

generationCounterBroken = true; The counter is "stuck" on 111 generations for a while now, and the new updates are making it harder and harder to beat.
Clue: Satan might be one of the members of the Discord team who contributed to that record. <<<< THIS IS NOT AN ACCUSATION, MY EVIDENCE IS SEVERELY LACKING, I AM PLAYING DETECTIVE, PLZ DON'T SUE, thx

As for --TODO: failcraftsCounterBroken = true, a future "project".
My speculation here is that it has something to do with the Decay Patch, the latest objection. To affect the decay counter several ideas way might be possible:
- The bot would have to make tools and let them decay for example: Maybe bot eves making baskets? (Unlikely)
- A hack that uses the new variable that the server needs to track items decay, affecting that variable may make every tool decay after 1 use for example (after all he is a able to say 6, what door did he use to affect that)
^ Those are the only ones that popped to my blurry mediocre mind just now, so don't feel the urge to debunk them, I submit to your point in advance.

Just my two cents officer,
Keep up the good work

And to Satan, if you're reading this.
That's quite an interesting stunt you pulled there. Your method indicates a person who's fed up with being out of control, AND is willing to do something about it.
That is a good quality that's shared by many great people in our history. However, It is also the same quality driving destructive people in our modern society. It depends on the objective you're seeking to achieve, I do hope it's a constructive one.
Try not to lose your way, lines get more and more blurry with time.
Best of luck

Last edited by Roolstar (2018-04-26 18:29:27)

God is still learning to use His powers; and just like with any other mortal, it's gonna require both mistakes and time.

Only to eventually discover He did not create the world he always wanted, but the world he was forced to create.

#6 2018-04-26 18:25:39

powa

I'm pretty sure the TODO: failcraftsCounterBroken = true is referring to this page: http://onehouronelife.com/failureStats.php .  It's accessible from the main page at the top

#7 2018-04-26 18:28:36

Drakulon

@Roolstar you are awsome thanks

FeignedSanity wrote:

It looked to me like he showed quite a bit, I must be missing something.

Ty smile what you missed is this:

kubassa wrote:

Do you know it is a bot as FACT, or are you just assuming? Either way you have no idea who the person is or what he is doing. Move on and stop trying to be a 'game police' and play the game. Move out of FOV and you can't see what he is typing. No bother to anyone.

big_smile
i guess kubassa just wants to see the world burn, thats fine for me, but i am still curious about how it will burn

#8 2018-04-26 18:30:48

Roolstar

powa wrote:

I'm pretty sure the TODO: failcraftsCounterBroken = true is referring to this page: http://onehouronelife.com/failureStats.php .  It's accessible from the main page at the top

You're probably right, I stand corrected

God is still learning to use His powers; and just like with any other mortal, it's gonna require both mistakes and time.

Only to eventually discover He did not create the world he always wanted, but the world he was forced to create.

#9 2018-04-26 19:16:13

akoopatroop

I just set my server to one of the less-used ones, to see if it was 666bot there. Was born to an Eve saying 666. Interesting. If it is a bot I'm not sure how it survives to  adult hood.

Respawning multiple times eventually led to being an Eve myself, so at least it doesn't completely block the server.

#10 2018-04-26 19:22:33

Roolstar

akoopatroop wrote:

Interesting. If it is a bot I'm not sure how it survives to  adult hood.

It does not survive to adulthood, it simply spawns as eve where no one's around and starves, giving birth to some children if someone logs in the server. And if you stay on that server long enough, you'll spawn him as a baby (once the bot eve starves and it attempts to log in again)

But the spawn cooldown for babies makes it possible for a player to spawn as eve if he logs out and in quick enough. Still a pain though.

#11 2018-04-26 19:39:37

MistressZues

i do agree it seems they are learning, a few days ago the first demon spawn I came across just stood there doing 6 then 66 then 666, just thought it was a kid being a troll. Once it was old enough to eat for itself i assigned it a job an gave it a basket of carrots before going about my chores. The demon child just stood there 666 on repeat until it died of starvation. As of today they seem to run after the mom for food as babys an will run if approached by someone with a weapon. not sure as to what they do as kids because I dont let them live that long. With that being said I feel I may have cursed myself. Since I started killing the bot babys my gameplay has got increasingly buggier like by killing them Im releasing a virus into my game file. IDK but its just a paranoid thought since my game only started crashing an doing really weird things since I started endign the bots myself.

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

#12 2018-04-26 20:13:54

Santan

Roolstar wrote:

And to Satan, if you're reading this.
That's quite an interesting stunt you pulled there. Your method indicates a person who's fed up with being out of control, AND is willing to do something about it.
That is a good quality that's shared by many great people in our history. However, It is also the same quality driving destructive people in our modern society. It depends on the objective you're seeking to achieve, I do hope it's a constructive one.
Try not to lose your way, lines get more and more blurry with time.
Best of luck

Worried be not.
Verily, I say to you, no water pond shall be harmed in my name where man feeds my kid and makes it his.
However, I say to you, whoever hurts my offspring, the flesh from my body, he shall perish in misery.
Await further commandments.

#13 2018-04-26 20:21:10

Roolstar

Santan wrote:

Worried be not.
Verily, I say to you, no water pond shall be harmed in my name where man feeds my kid and makes it his.
However, I say to you, whoever hurts my offspring, the flesh from my body, he shall perish in misery.

You might find this interesting then, https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1345

I'm assuming this bot has some kind of rudimentary AI built in. Target would be to extend its longevity.

It would actually be interesting to try and teach it how to survive longer. In game I mean, by other players like me.
I'm assuming they already cracked the "following mom" part this would probably get them to be fed maybe once. As well as the "get away from weapon part" for obvious reasons.
I'd also assume they may have cracked the temperature effect with so many eves waiting to starve on each server.

What's next I wonder?

Last edited by Roolstar (2018-04-26 20:24:25)

#14 2018-04-26 21:51:30

Artarda

Reality: game breaking updates at least once a week (sometimes even crashing servers) followed by few days of hotfixes.

I've seen that on someone else's review... Maybe its another Joriom account xD

#15 2018-04-26 22:06:45

Turnipseed

Artarda wrote:

I've seen that on someone else's review... Maybe its another Joriom account xD

Wouldn't doubt it guys a creep... who quotes themself in their signature... i mean i like the quote but the joriom 2018 thing...

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#16 2018-04-27 01:48:43

MistressZues

ummmmm sorry for harming your spawn santan... thats just what one of my grandmas told me to do.. I is sowwy, Artarda that quote kills me lol baby+well. What would you have done had the baby fell in?? no lassie in game yet lol

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

#17 2018-04-27 02:04:01

Angel Carrillo

okay, it's 10:02, and, Santan might want us to keep the 666 babies alive for as long as we can because the babies could learn how to live longer that way?
I haven't killed a Santan baby yet, though I have spawned as a Santan eve's baby once.

#18 2018-04-27 02:05:03

Angel Carrillo

I don't want to kill the 666 babies.
I wont

Last edited by Angel Carrillo (2018-04-27 02:05:20)

#19 2018-04-27 14:20:26

nofaz

Roolstar wrote:

You might find this interesting then, https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1345

I'm assuming this bot has some kind of rudimentary AI built in. Target would be to extend its longevity.

It would actually be interesting to try and teach it how to survive longer. In game I mean, by other players like me.
I'm assuming they already cracked the "following mom" part this would probably get them to be fed maybe once. As well as the "get away from weapon part" for obvious reasons.
I'd also assume they may have cracked the temperature effect with so many eves waiting to starve on each server.

What's next I wonder?

I only played a few lives myself, and don't log in for more than a month, used to have some time and had my USB ready to boot with the game, most of the times at work, had to stop because it consumed to much time, I'm curious about the code, I'm itching to look at it but just can't expend my time in that with projects already delayed.

Remember reading in the forums someone playing around and modifying the pathfinding so I'm guessing its not hard to implement that in a bot, apparently they don't move that many squares each time, can someone confirm this?
This clearly is an attempt to build a self learning bot, movement its the basic, but should already be doing better at it, so I'm guessing the creator is working on mapping the map, identify natural resources, then objects. This is easy but consume more resources, has to build its own DB and keep logs, if its already following the mother, we can assume that already recognize other players. Next the creator has to build all the recipes, or just implement random iterations with different objects, if there is success it logs that iteration (learn it) if not just discards and don't repeat.
This is the practical solution, you don't need to implement future recipes, if there is new things he just gonna learn them, also depending how is implemented in Jason code, can just get that information from there.
-> if you want to "failcraftsCounterBroken = true" just let it keep do fail iterations

Maybe he just want a few bots to farm for him and cook some pies, I though about this when started playing and I was farming, basically stuck with that job because no one wanted to do it, and just wishing to go around and explore carefree.

Why 666, IMO its is signature he likes attention and wants everyone to know he's doing it, the taunt in the review also shows it, like an cheap imitation of a serial killer from the 60-70's, maybe someone of the group that broke the lineages or more, its easy to give the bot for someone else running it. Also guessing here he saw that Jason code filters all characters inserted from the keyboard except A-Z but the output accepts all ASCII table, so its easy to output numbers. For me I would check all outputs and just kill instantly as soon the code read an 6 or something outside from the acceptable chars. So Jason is letting this happen, guess he is learning also for the future smile

EDIT:

Santan wrote:

Worried be not.

it seems its already capable to empty pounds by itself with the condition that someone feeds it, if not guess he logs the coords and soon spawns nearby and able to survive, will quickly start looking for pounds and empty them. But  water has to be used right? you can't just throw it away, or can you empty it in a abandoned well?

Last edited by nofaz (2018-04-27 14:29:06)

With blood and Honor

#20 2018-04-27 18:11:29

Drakulon

Ok it seems like the bots got killed by jason:

jasonrohrer wrote:

I didn't want him artificially inflating the stats with bots, that is all.

Bots are welcome, but not if you're using them to live 14,000 lives in a few days.  That is a DOS attack, because it creates false statistics that are supposed to be real and reliable.  His review was falsely at the top of the list, so I removed it.  He did not play 500+ hours.  His bots did, 24-7 on all 15 servers.

I thinks its cool that he says bots are welcome if they are not harmful.
Its a bit sad that Santan is banned now, no afford was made to find a peaceful solution.
Sometimes good persons turn evil aswell as evil persons can become good.
But ofcourse i can understand Jasons point.

#21 2018-04-27 20:28:47

powa

Santan isn't dead, only wounded.

Santan lives still.  You may see his acolytes if you are observant.

Last edited by powa (2018-04-27 20:29:14)

#22 2018-04-27 23:42:28

Angel Carrillo

I see his bots all the time. Remember, we're Santan police, not military. We aren't supposed to kill the bots, but to keep an eye on them to make sure they don't do anything fishy. That's why I said what I said earlier.

Last edited by Angel Carrillo (2018-04-27 23:43:32)

#23 2018-04-28 05:23:58

Drakulon

Oh the bots are still here? Does this mean Jason allows them or that he cant get rid of them?

#24 2018-04-29 02:28:41

Angel Carrillo

I think it's that he can't because he doesn't have a termination system in the game.

Board footer