Re: The decay update is perfectly fine, it's players that are wrong

- Chain Smoker
eat's M U S H R O O M S

#27 2018-04-26 18:12:47

Eve-rlastingGamer

Finrael wrote:
Eve-rlastingGamer wrote:

Rule 6:  Don't dig wild carrots.  They don't respawn.  Ever.

Does seeds on wild carrots still respawn? For couple of days I thought They give one seed per bush and then never respawn. If so, whats respawn time?

Sorry, I recently took over my aunt's game after she did a rage quit. Haha

I was told that wild carrot seeds respawn, but I don't believe they actually do.  I'm not sure if this is an error in the code, or if the game creator, Jason, did this intentionally.  If it was an error, I can understand.  From what I've learned, OHOL is under constant change and updates.  Plenty of things will slip through the cracks if only because he's working too hard on it.  If not?  Well...  then it should probably be fixed.

If you only pick seeds from wild plants, or take partial roots, then they will (of course) reproduce again.  Plucking a seed shouldn't damage this the plant in any way.  Same for cuttings.  So, should he have actually altered it so that it never seeded again, then I would have to cry BS.

Also, and I know this is aside the topic entirely, how much longer do you think until he adds an update about with potatoes?  It seems to me to be the next logical addition.  Potatoes are easily grown around the world and were discovered fairly early, after all.  Give us potatoes, Jason!  We want to make various foods with them!

Roast Potatoes
Mashed Potatoes
Potatoe Soup
Carrot, Rabbit, Potato Pot Pies

Come on, Jason, you know you want to!  Lawl!

#28 2018-04-26 18:54:51

Turnipseed

Actually carrots in the wild, and domestic are seasonal plants the same plant wouldn't produce seeds more than once,and would rot and die shortly after. but thats real life.

If game was realistic you would get a harvest of carrots every 15 seconds (60 being a year, 15 being the growing season)

But its obviously not ment to be realistic...

On a separate note wild seeds dont respawn anymore

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#29 2018-04-26 19:01:37

AliCatGamer

Eve-rlastingGamer wrote:
Finrael wrote:
Eve-rlastingGamer wrote:

Rule 6:  Don't dig wild carrots.  They don't respawn.  Ever.

Does seeds on wild carrots still respawn? For couple of days I thought They give one seed per bush and then never respawn. If so, whats respawn time?

Sorry, I recently took over my aunt's game after she did a rage quit. Haha

I was told that wild carrot seeds respawn, but I don't believe they actually do.  I'm not sure if this is an error in the code, or if the game creator, Jason, did this intentionally.  If it was an error, I can understand.  From what I've learned, OHOL is under constant change and updates.  Plenty of things will slip through the cracks if only because he's working too hard on it.  If not?  Well...  then it should probably be fixed.

If you only pick seeds from wild plants, or take partial roots, then they will (of course) reproduce again.  Plucking a seed shouldn't damage this the plant in any way.  Same for cuttings.  So, should he have actually altered it so that it never seeded again, then I would have to cry BS.

Also, and I know this is aside the topic entirely, how much longer do you think until he adds an update about with potatoes?  It seems to me to be the next logical addition.  Potatoes are easily grown around the world and were discovered fairly early, after all.  Give us potatoes, Jason!  We want to make various foods with them!

Roast Potatoes
Mashed Potatoes
Potatoe Soup
Carrot, Rabbit, Potato Pot Pies

Come on, Jason, you know you want to!  Lawl!

Wild carrots don't re-seed after picking them.
The only use they have after picking their seeds is to dig them up in an emergency.
This was done a while ago. Jason wants us to pick up and move on after we used all the resources in the area.

I do feel that the decay time and uses amount should be changed. Baskets should last least 3 generations or so.
When I play the game now, I'm just doing the same thing over and over. Farming food, remaking tools and trying to look for soil as the village I'm born in hasn't domesticated sheep yet or the eve is new and dosen't know how to make compost.

It's become tedious as someone who's played this game for a while now. I want to do the things and jobs  Jason wants us to do, but it's more about surviving and getting your kids to survive or looking for an eve if you are the last male.

I don't know. I've tried to adapt and I'm gonna keeping trying but it almost feels like banging your head on a brick wall. 
But that's just me. If you need more info, check the wiki or https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/ to keep up to date with the changes and to learn recipes.

JRDiscord1.jpg Messaged 4/12/18
JRDiscord_2.jpg

Last edited by AliCatGamer (2018-04-26 19:02:28)

#30 2018-04-26 19:02:15

Malawi

As Turnipseed points out, carrots live for two years. The first year gives us the carrot, and the next year the stored energy is used when the carrot sets flower and becomes a small bush with hundreds of seeds.

#31 2018-04-26 19:13:08

Turnipseed

Malawi wrote:

As Turnipseed points out, carrots live for two years. The first year gives us the carrot, and the next year the stored energy is used when the carrot sets flower and becomes a small bush with hundreds of seeds.

Wild carrots may last that long (2 years)
But from personal experience you can grow store size carrots in 60-70 days from seed. after this they become woody and hard to eat they will flower withen the next 60 days...

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#32 2018-04-26 19:37:58

Lily

The problems with the division of labor like that, is that currently a single farmer can't support 8 other people. If a farmer can't support 8 other people, then there is no way you will ever have those 8 other jobs. Probably the biggest reason is because there is no where to put anything. Even if you produce massive amounts of food in the most effective means possible, there is no where to put it all, especially when baskets decay in an hour. Before we had some towns that could make carts full of baskets and carrots but now that is impossible. As long as there isn't any real way to store all this food, we can't move on to doing many different jobs.

#33 2018-04-26 23:13:51

Eve-rlastingGamer

palisade wrote:
Lily wrote:

The problems with the division of labor like that, is that currently a single farmer can't support 8 other people. If a farmer can't support 8 other people, then there is no way you will ever have those 8 other jobs. Probably the biggest reason is because there is no where to put anything. Even if you produce massive amounts of food in the most effective means possible, there is no where to put it all, especially when baskets decay in an hour. Before we had some towns that could make carts full of baskets and carrots but now that is impossible. As long as there isn't any real way to store all this food, we can't move on to doing many different jobs.

This is true, now we just toss them on the ground.

Not only that, but a productive hour can have carrots and rabbits spreading through the city and around the outskirts of town.

I've actually found several villages like this.  I assume they died out because they just ran out of space for it all. lol

Board footer