One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-22 18:02:11

FeignedSanity

Thoughts on current state of the game.

I actually quite enjoy what he's done with decay. At first, it was unbearable, but that was mostly because of the basket change (I'll get to that in a second). I think the decay needs work, but has been handled fairly well, and I really enjoy what he's done with farming and hoes. Now with the niceties out of the way, I want to focus on my biggest gripe. Why are baskets decaying every 30 minutes? Inventory management was difficult before, but now it's just impossible. I used to love making baskets because we could finally get all the clutter off the floor; but now there's no point, I'm just adding to the problem now.

I honestly think these need to decay on use as well as tools. I really don't get this change. Baskets went from inventory management and storage tools, to a third rate backpack. This is honestly my biggest frustration with the game right now. Can we make it to where every time you take something out or put something in, it takes a use from it? That way they can retain their usefulness for storage, but if you're going to use it to transfer dirt or the like, you'll have to remake them.

Notable problems are as follows:
F*** the bell. If you ring it, it's now my mission to destroy your village. (I'll explain further if it's needed)

Boxes should be treated as baskets and decay on use. I like the idea of wheels decaying over time and carts turning back to boxes.

Always had a gripe with pine walls, they serve no purpose. They're too resource intensive and don't offer any incentive, let alone one large enough to offset the cost. Maybe with the changes to adobe they'd have more of a place, but now there are stone walls. Like really, why are they even a thing?

Would like to hear other people's thoughts on this, and hopefully this makes it to Jason's eyes.

Believe you're right, but don't believe you can't be wrong.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Days peppers/onions/tomatoes left unfixed: 120
Do your part and remind Jason to fix these damn vegetables.

#2 2018-04-22 20:45:17

rodrigo

Re: Thoughts on current state of the game.

I think it's ok to baskets decay, they are so important, and you can get early in game.

But the catch is, we need a replacement, maybe a clay pot that works like basket and don't decay? I talked in another topic about it, like 2 clays and smash it with stone (lol).

But clay are almost finite, I think we could use some kind of wooden barrel to stock items like: seeds, carrot, berries, meat.... (only 1 per time, barrel of carrots for example) It could be made with iron and wood. And could stock 12~20 like boxes with baskets or better.

And like boxes, we can't move it.

The other problem is: decay make so many garbage and we can't recicle or destroy most of it. We could drop it all in fire to keep some fire.

#3 2018-04-22 21:09:36

komody

Re: Thoughts on current state of the game.

we desperately need better means of storage in this game

Board footer