One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-21 08:11:45

tshullie

the Landon family - told by Eve

In my most recent life I spawned as an Eve in a rather bad area. There was lots of soil, however, I barely found any berry bushes or other food resources. I decided to leave this place behind, knowing it wouldn't be able to support me or my future children a lot.

I wandered around for years while carrying a basket filled with one berry, a sharp stone and a piece of threat. I passed a dozen of different biomes, hoping to find a good place to start my life at. While searching, I had two, maybe even three kids. I'm sorry I had to let them die, but at this point I knew that even IF I saved them, they wouldn't have survived long - it was for their best.

Then, after around 10 years have passed, I finally found a nice spot. I wouldn't consider it the perfect place, but it was good enough. We had a lot of berry bushes around, a big amount of milkweed and some rabbits, as well as water, scattered around our spot. Soon after I had my "first" son. I asked him if he wanted to live, considering our circumstances. He replied with a simple "Y", and so I gave him the name Jacob.

Jacob was such a good boy, always listening to me and following when it was necessary. Once he was old enough to feed himself, he just shouted "gooo" and went straight ahead to work. While doing so, I gathered supplies in order to build an oven. At this point we already had a small farm with unwatered seeds, so my goal was to make clay bowls to water our carrots. When I came back though, I only found a fresh grave next to our farm. I felt my heart ache a little, knowing that my son had lots of potential and would have been able to make something great out of this place.

However, there wasn't a lot of time to grieve. Soon after I found out about my sons' death, he got a little sister. I called her Jennie. She was such a sweet girl and I could tell she would be of great help.
At this point, it was quite impossible for me to work on anything anymore, since three more children followed. After Jennie, Jessie was born. Once she was old enough to feed herself, I went back to the swamp to get more adobe. There, I birthed Jamie. I brought him back to our place and started a fire to warm my offspring up. While doing so, my last child came into the world. Unfortunately, I cannot remember her name, but I'm sure it started off with a "J".

There I was, standing by the fire with my two babies to feed them whenever they needed it. As Jamie got older, I aged up as well, making it impossible for me to breastfeed my last child. I went around looking for berries to feed my daughter with. It was hard though, as most berries have been eaten already. I gathered the remaining berries and fed myself, as well as my daughter, with them, until she also aged up.

Now that I wasn't able to give birth anymore, I decided it would be the best time to start working on the farm again, as food resources have gotten dangerously small. I went around gathering all the stuff we could need - threads, rabbits, baskets, and so on.

While working, I already noticed two more fresh graves. Sadly, I don't know whose they were, but nontheless - I was disappointed to see my children like that. They deserved better.

Anyways, I went on on my mission to get the farm going. At this point I've gotten older again, and I knew my time would come in a few years. I knew that, if I stayed around longer, I would just be a burden and waste of food, so I decided to leave this world. I grabbed my basket filled with resources for the last time to run back to my family and say my final good-bye.

Once I arrived there though, I couldn't believe what I saw. There were two more graves right next to the farm. One was normal looking, the other one was covered in blood with an arrow sticking out. I was devastated. How could one of my precious children kill their sibling like that? After all we have worked on?

I starved right next to their graves, knowing all my hard work was for nothing. All that time I have spent on nursing my children and trying to provide them the best life I could was totally unnecassary in the end - all thanks to one of my own offspring.

I loved all my children dearly, and it breaks my heart knowing what happened to our family.
You did well, and I'm proud of you.

In love, Eve Landon.

Last edited by tshullie (2018-04-21 08:12:53)

#2 2018-04-23 01:45:28

Kitaelia

Re: the Landon family - told by Eve

Aww this is touching and sweet. Bittersweet and sad story, but a story nonetheless. Thank you for sharing!

Your OHOL Suggestions and ↑ or ↓'s are appreciated: OneLifeSuggestions Reddit
-Twitter- for Stream announcements & randomness!
-Twitch- to Hang out with me while I play!

Board footer