One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-19 06:47:01

Antarys

To the village that was killing boys.

I was a boy born from a mom that ran away from her village. She told me when I was young that her village was controlled by someone who killed a new born boys and it would not be possible for us to return there if I was to live.

We decided to settle in a little corner and start our own little village. But soon one of the person from her former village came and started to shout profanity that all boys need to die and that I should die. We tried to ignore this person since they did not have a weapon. But while we were already trying hard to build our little place and survive, these people stole our ropes and now knew where we lived.

Afraid that they would come back to kill us, we decided to act first. We made two bows with what we had left and 3 arrows. The end of this murderous village was about to come. We grabbed our bows and I followed my mom to her place of birth.

When we arrived, we first killed the executioner that was carrying the knife. We then made quick work of anyone of age 15+ that was a threat to our life. It was the first time I killed people in this game. But this village killed so many boys that I couldn't let them continue on this terrible path. They had to die.

Thank you mom for protecting me.

#2 2018-04-22 11:52:00

Fran

Re: To the village that was killing boys.

Antarys wrote:

I was a boy born from a mom that ran away from her village. She told me when I was young that her village was controlled by someone who killed a new born boys and it would not be possible for us to return there if I was to live.

We decided to settle in a little corner and start our own little village. But soon one of the person from her former village came and started to shout profanity that all boys need to die and that I should die. We tried to ignore this person since they did not have a weapon. But while we were already trying hard to build our little place and survive, these people stole our ropes and now knew where we lived.

Afraid that they would come back to kill us, we decided to act first. We made two bows with what we had left and 3 arrows. The end of this murderous village was about to come. We grabbed our bows and I followed my mom to her place of birth.

When we arrived, we first killed the executioner that was carrying the knife. We then made quick work of anyone of age 15+ that was a threat to our life. It was the first time I killed people in this game. But this village killed so many boys that I couldn't let them continue on this terrible path. They had to die.

Thank you mom for protecting me.

All the props to you. Down to dictators in general. Man what a satisfying story.

#3 2018-04-22 15:08:51

JackStuds

Cool story.

#4 2018-04-22 22:01:55

Jorge

I was born in one of these villages, and you'd think the mom could have just left me starve. Nope, had to make me waste time following her as she "worked" until she knifed me outside of the village. I should have known it was suspicious she only asked her son to go with her. wink

#5 2018-04-22 23:05:33

BlueRock

I kept a boy once. My village died out because there weren't enough females. I stopped keeping boys and now I can have villages that survive.

Congrats you attacked a settlement, took it over, and your family tree ends there because you can't continue the family line, so essentially you just ended up killing people for no reason other than them trying to survive.

#6 2018-04-22 23:07:19

fragilityh14

the anti-boy thing drives me crazy, I've never actually gone back to fight them, but i do refuse to live under dictatorships.

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

#7 2018-04-23 00:04:11

BlueRock

fragilityh14 wrote:

the anti-boy thing drives me crazy, I've never actually gone back to fight them, but i do refuse to live under dictatorships.

It's much more accurate to say you refuse to live under that specific law. This isn't something a single person decreed, it's that a lot of players have adapted this effective strategy, and you shouldn't take out your frustration on them that you got a bad coin flip. You have two bars of food, you'll be dead quickly when this happens, and it's a choice that mother has to pick up that bb that came out at random.

By all means, you can keep all the children you want in your own settlement, but don't be surprised if you find yourself in a town full of people who understand population control, and survival.

Now, you can argue that Boys do have an upside, they don't have to worry about bbs. Funny thing is, neither do Girls, because as stated earlier, keeping bbs is a choice. Effectively the same, one can have bbs at random, can choose to pick up bbs at will, and feeds bbs full at a cost of 1 Hunger, and one can't have bbs at all, and relies on using food to inefficiently feed them. That is the difference, and choosing versatility and efficiency will lead to more survival.

Last edited by BlueRock (2018-04-23 00:04:29)

Board footer