One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-18 18:12:40

JackStuds

Lost Mother in Wool

One life, I was born to a mother wearing a wool sweater, yet she was out in the wilderness alone.  The first thing she told me was that she wandered out of her village, she was lost, but she dreamed of returning.  Once I was old enough to eat on my own, she sent me off to look for the village.  I promised her I would find it.  Carrying my little sister, my mother went northwest in search; I headed south.   

By the time I was a teenager, I followed remnants of civilization-- a domesticated sheep wandering in the desert, a field of chopped wood, an abandoned set of tools, dead people in full fur clothing.  My instincts were sound as I soon found my mother’s homeland.  It was as she described it.  It was the largest city I’ve ever seen.  Everyone had clothing, tools, and weapons.  The nursery was filled with babies.  Workers scrambled to meet the needs of the many citizens.  It was an oasis.  I searched frantically for my mother hoping that she also found it, but she was nowhere to be found. 

Having grown up outside the massive city walls, I didn't feel like I belonged here.  I met an aunt and cousin, but they could not recall my mother.  I grabbed some food and headed back into the wilderness to find my mother and bring her back. 

Years of my life were spent out there wandering-- returning home three times-- each to bring a daughter and two sons back to the safety of a community.  They were accepted into the fold and became productive citizens, but I knew the cost.  They’d forge no lasting bond with me. 

Well after my mother’s 60 years, I continued to search for a skeleton in wool.  I wanted to at least bring her bones to rest in the place she spent her life searching for.  I set off into the woods one last time knowing it’d be my last attempt.  I died finding no trace of her.

Last edited by JackStuds (2018-04-18 22:02:44)

#2 2018-04-18 19:27:04

Harry

Re: Lost Mother in Wool

this is so sad omg

#3 2018-04-19 16:42:41

YAHG

Re: Lost Mother in Wool

That was a good story thanks.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

Board footer