One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-15 06:28:05

The_Llamacorn

The Googlings live on!

So, I was born a girl in this small village to a woman with dark skin and black hair (I had white skin and blonde curly hair). They only had a few carrot rows and the food was a bit low. My mother had already decided that she wasn't gonna keep me, but I convinced her that I was good since I knew I could help this village. She agreed and therefore named me "Maybe" (Which automatically became Maybel). So I became apart of the Googling family.

Growing up was pretty good, my mother took good care of me and I had lots of sisters and brothers. I also remember having an aunt and cousins. I tried my best to keep the farm going and getting water every so often. It was going pretty good but every time we had harvested the food ran very low so we had to pluck berries. After a while, I started noticing that people were slowly dying, one after one. First my auntie, then my cousins, then all of my siblings.

Eventually, it was just me and my old mother, at this point I was fully grown and had already had a few babies but I didn't keep any of them because we were already too many. I realized that our only chance of survival was if I got a girl, my mother seemed to know that too. We spent our days chatting with each other, she was a lovely woman, but every time a baby came it was a boy. Boys after boys after boys. My mother was at the end of her life now, and just like that, she was gone. I cried as I slowly realized my faith. "Oh mother, why have you left me?". I thought, maybe there was still a chance? I was still young, but I didn't wanna get my hopes up. I spent time just farming and picking berries to stay alive, just wishing my mother was still here.

And then it happened, a girl! A beautiful little girl with dark skin and black hair like my mother. I named her "Hope", Hope Googling. I quickly dressed her in the spare clothes we had and made sure she didn't run away. She seemed like she wanted to help, but not very cautious about her survival. I kept an eye on her until she became old enough to feed herself. Just then I became old. But then after a while, I had to leave the game, so I called her over and told her. I gave her all my clothes and told her to survive, keep all baby girls you get. I said goodbye as I left.

If any of the Googlings family is reading this, I think our village still lives! I also want to inform you that I was also an uncle earlier in that same village, I was the one who farmed and got water, in case you knew me. And if Hope, my daughter, is reading this; Please tell me if you had any children or if the village is dead!

Noobs are fine, but noobs that don't listen and refuse to learn, get on my nerves. Your ignorance will lead you to Donkey Town one day.

"Hugs from grandma"
-Rose Winter

Board footer