One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-15 02:52:14

fragilityh14

Did the cool down change? (My game of excessive fertility.)

This may be because of the server numbers going up, but i just played a game as a feral eve (Ormiston) where i had at least 10 kids, and twice had a third kid the second one of them became old enough to feed themselves.

It was a really nice area with a lot of berries and mass rabbits and close to water so i figured it could support a large conversation. Unfortunately, as usual, few of the kids tried to accomplish anything. The farm didn't even get to the point of having water, nor did anyone start trapping rabbits until i did when i hit menopause. All of the central berries got picked out and no one was going out foraging, even though i tried to give instructions to the kids.

Naturally, I died at 60 as the last person living in the colony. I mean, a few kids did accomplish things, one came close to getting carrots going.  i brought back a rabbit skin and carrot seeds and someone had soil laid out, maybe it was too generous of me to assume people would farm.

It's really frustrating because with productive players you can get a surplus very fast. i mean if people just go out and make baskets and bring food from a bit farther out it's really damn easy to get going. Once you have any sort of water container ag production can be ramped up easily.

I was really hoping to start a huge family line, there were SO MANY rabbits and wheat, great rabbit pie territory.

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

#2 2018-04-15 04:19:02

Lily

Re: Did the cool down change? (My game of excessive fertility.)

It seems like it might be more but honestly, it has always been set at an insane rate. I have had ten children before the update.

#3 2018-04-15 05:45:49

FounderOne

I found yesterday the perfect spot. Around 30 Berry bushes. Around 15-20 Ponds very close and more 10-20 seconds walk. Lot of seeds and rabbits pretty close by. Only thing that I didnt saw in masses were soil and milkweed. Still enough soil to start a carrot and milkweed farm.

I started to build everything needed up. I grew older. Planted milkweed and carrots. Got rabbits, made clothes, ... I just waited for a baby to get born. I didnt even cared when I got older if it is a boy or a girl. Atleast one baby. But then my hair went gray and at that point I knew my familyline was fcked big_smile

Its a rought world - keep dying untill you live <3

#4 2018-04-15 06:51:27

fragilityh14

hah yeah and other times you can't have babies when you want them. I esp hate when it's going well and a server reset is clearly coming.

Listen to your mom!

#5 2018-04-15 07:27:29

Lily

It does seem like that. Either you have basically none, or you have like 8+

#6 2018-04-15 13:23:00

Jorge

While playing last night, in one game in a town I must have had over 12 kids, while in other games as an Eve, I'd be lucky to get a couple. Not sure how the spawning works but I've also noticed most babies suicide if you're an Eve and there's a town to respawn in, which is also quite frustrating.

#7 2018-04-15 15:53:29

fragilityh14

yeah i'm not so into advanced crafting or building civs, i fundamentally don't get the intense population limiting as even a child can produce a food surplus relatively easily. But there are so many useless players. I very rarely suicide unless i know i'm being rejected.

Listen to your mom!

Board footer