One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-14 12:42:59

suzanbones

My Laggy stories

I bought this game a few days ago and I am really enjoying it. However, my number one killer is lag. It can be rather frustrating, but I try to not let it get me down.

Died many times while holding a basket full of food, cause I can't get the food out of the basket fast enough due to lag. It takes to long to put the basket down, grab the food and eat it. Must be strange for others to see that happen, dying of starvation while holding basket with food.

One miss click can be rather deadly as well, as my character can take a long time to think about what to do with a tree while holding a basket with seeds. (Accidentally clicked on a tree while trying to run back to the farm)

Died from wild animals attacks that I didn't saw coming. The animals would be on different location on my screen, but I die anyways. Me thinks they have frog tongue, like really long ones.

Running through the fields for food as Eve, finally find it, get teleported back ( white screen with black scribbles), have to run again to get to the same berry bush... and die of starvation cause it took to long. Same thing can also happen when I am trying to get back to the village.

But saddest thing of all is all the babies that died due to my lag. I had babies turn to bones the moment they appear on my screen. I would pick up a baby to feed it and put it down and see it turn to bones within seconds. Babies that starve cause I can't pick them up fast enough. Babies that die cause I starved due to lag. I wish to say sorry to all those babies, i really tried.

Are there any tips against the lag? I've checked everything I can think of on my side (internet connection etc). I also tried different servers, including the European one as I live in the Netherlands.

#2 2018-04-14 12:57:41

Thexus

Re: My Laggy stories

Well, you can join the translators' server if you want to contribute to the Dutch language pack: https://discord.gg/nSvp4he

You could give admin permissions to the game and dont visit popular towns.

Last edited by Thexus (2018-04-14 12:58:51)

Discord: Translators' Server, Thexus#3774
Working again on translations, oof

#3 2018-04-14 13:07:21

breezeknight

Re: My Laggy stories

you're meantime the second player from Netherlands with a lag

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1087

Board footer