One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-04-21 21:19:14

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Update: Launch Prep

Hi4TWr7.png

All of the remaining infrastructure for Another Hour Another Planet is in place now.

It is now possible to ride the rocket inside One Hour One Life, leave the planet, and gain access to Another Hour Another Planet via a Steam Key and an off-Steam download link.  And once you're playing on Another Planet, it's also now possible for you to specify your GitHub account name, and to vote for the current Content Leader.  The current Leader is automatically granted Push access to the anotherPlanet data repository on GitHub, and that access is removed whenever they leave office and are replaced by someone else.

All of this stuff has been tested on my end, and seems to be working.  But I need you to help me test it more thoroughly.

Starting on Monday, I will be making surprise VOG appearances in the game, and placing test launch pads for people to use.  By triggering these launch pads, they will be able to ride the test rocket, gain access to Another Planet, and help me make sure that all of this infrastructure is actually working correctly.

The last thing to do, for me, is to actually draw the rocket, and flesh out the tech tree changes that will make constructing the rocket possible.  Currently, the rocket features place-holder art, and it's currently uncraftable, except by me in VOG mode for testing.

#2 2024-04-22 15:21:08

Laggy

Re: Update: Launch Prep

Can we please get a time frame?
Thanks

Board footer