One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-02-15 18:13:25

jinbaili83

Discussion about AHAP

It made me wonder if project like AHAP can be successful.  Can strangers from allover world work on content for a single online game  that has no clear vision and where anything can happen.

I don't want to see AHAP follow safe route and just become OHOL+, there is already 2HOL that can do it better.
I want to see all the crazy ideas including monsters and fairies,  and even penis forest.

Instead of single coherent world let it be divided into these experimental zones.

#2 2024-02-17 14:11:58

Arcurus

Re: Discussion about AHAP

Dividing in separate zones is possible but needs for sure server changes.

Maybe there will be a clear vision, i guess it depends who the people elect.

The main problem i see is, that only adding tons of content without client support is kind of boring since the new content does not do much different then the old content.

You can for example add meat stuff, but you cant implement new combat mechanics or even cars that can transport two people not even something like boats. All this would require client changes.

So to make it interesting either Jason or the maintainer would need to make client changes and or at least server changes with some new mechanics other than new items.

Its sounds kind of like 2OHOL but with some? support from Jason? If no generall graphical rework is done it will kind of look like OHOL but with time would have more and more items that look and feel different.

Last edited by Arcurus (2024-02-17 14:23:27)

#3 2024-02-19 22:55:19

SoloAceMouse

I agree with Arcurus.

Ideally, engine changes via approved pull requests would be allowed, but if not I can see the idea stagnating really fast.

#4 2024-03-20 01:44:08

QuirkySmirkyIan

Although I generally frown upon this like this I think it may be best to require the "code leader" or whatever through the voting system to show some sort of ID maybe doesn't have to be government issued and set term limits/max terms so a "whale" can't just buy the game.

Open gate now. Need truck to be more efficient!

Board footer