One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-02-01 04:08:21

Huey wood
Website

The game seems to lack players

When I was playing this game in early days, I experienced some close call moments. Sometime our family had fewer and fewer members. When a girl who was the only fertile person bore another girl, we felt exciting. When our family died out due to infertility, it became a impressing and regretful story.

As I play more and more times, I find that this situation is too frequantly. When I have made a road leading to our family, my family almost die out. When I have brought some resource from wild, my family almost die out. When I was farming..... (I am sorry to my poor English, but I think you can understand what I am saying.)

When the close call becomes a common situation, the gaming experience will be terrible.

Sometime we just have 20 online players, it is hard to let the game go on. Jason said, "This game is about playing one small part in a much larger story". I think it need more players.

In fact, this game is popular in China. Some videos about this game can gain 9 million views: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Qb411 … a36b01d413

I also saw some videos posted by Japanese with hight views.

But many people don't play the original edition due to language. I saw the language mod in the website, but it is too hard to know for someone who didn't play the game. If this game can be sold in different language at steam, I think we can have more player.

Maybe the majority of players is in USA (When USA is at mid night, online players become few). If we have more Asian players. The time difference can keep the number of online players.

#2 2024-02-01 06:44:11

Spoonwood

Re: The game seems to lack players

The video referenced in the original post predates the temperature overhaul.  I would guess after the steam release.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#3 2024-02-01 08:16:58

Huey wood
Website

Re: The game seems to lack players

Spoonwood wrote:

I would guess after the steam release.

Yes, he played this game in steam.

Huey wood wrote:

If this game can be sold in different language at steam, I think we can have more player.

I mean maybe Jason can release different language vertions in steam. It will attract more players from non English speaking countries.

Board footer