One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-01-13 14:50:09

Huey wood
Website

I broke out from the tutorial area and found a grimace!

By the OHOL map website ( https://onemap.wondible.com/ ), I found the tutorial areas are putted in the edge of the map, adjacent areas spaced 40 meters apart and standing in line from south to north. Before that, I though the tutorial is a single player game.

Knowing that, we can find many signs in the tutorial, such as some manmade item outside the wall (such as basket and sharp stone) and the sound from bell tower (6000km away).

In the map, I find an unfinished grimace image (made by pine needle and stone floor boards) in the north tutorial area and a bell tower in south. But I didn’t very concern about them.

I learned to make the axe and shovel in tutorial, felling the tree and breaking out. I ran to next tutorial area and felled the tree using axe. When I carried the shovel to excavate the stump, I was hurt by a bear. (it was a sign of other recently breaking out player) So I failed to enter another tutorial area. I walked along the wall and arrived the torch challenge area, and then found another player in this tutorial! I whistled and said Hi to her through the wall, and she whistled to me too. Unfortunately, I died before further communicating.
Then I found mining pick is more convenient. We can break out and enter tutorial area from anywhere using mining pick. In second round, I found two players and entered their tutorial area. But they too new to know how to speak. One player ran away form the broken wall without interacting with me. Another player was confused by my appearing, but she AFK and died of starvation. After that, I tried many times but never saw any other players in the tutorial area. That was very regretting.

But I found many relics near the tutorial walls. Some of them even succeeded in breeding sheep. Once I found a saw in a camp and made a hand cart, keeping running north. Although I failed to meet and liberate an eve, I arrived the grimace seen by me in the map! Subsequently, I attempted to continue the job. I was too unskilled to finish, but anyway I made process.
It’s very amazing, I realize the whole tutorial area is not too big, allowing us to continue the work of others. In fact, according to the map, the length of whole area is about 10400 meters. Are you interesting in leaving more signs in this area? Maybe someone can finish the grimace image , and even use the bell tower. Imagine how surprised people would be when they heard the sound of a bell from six million meters away.

It’s very difficult for me to login in this forum and post the topic, because I am not good in English and this game lacks of information in my country. I hope my post can be noticed. I will very appreciate if you reply and share your experience about it.

Unfortunately, I don’t know how to post images in this forum, but I can tell you the grimace is very cute. (Maybe I will try to post it in YouTube. I have recorded the video.) Try to seek it by yourself if you are interesting!
This website can tell you the location: https://onemap.wondible.com/#x=5400287& … 1705138929
The location of bell tower is here: https://onemap.wondible.com/#x=5400287& … 1705138929

In addition, maybe we can make a road from north to south near the smelting tutorial area. Someone had tried, but was not enough. If it is finished, we can do more in the tutorial area and attract more player.

In the end, does anyone know how to obtain absolute coordinates when playing the game? Is there any way to be born as a fertile Eve in the tutorial area? It will achieve more amazing work if it is possible.

#2 2024-01-13 15:28:43

Spoonwood

Re: I broke out from the tutorial area and found a grimace!

What an interesting and different sort of post.

Huey wood wrote:

Knowing that, we can find many signs in the tutorial, such as some manmade item outside the wall (such as basket and sharp stone) and the sound from bell tower (6000km away).

It definitely made for something to see when iamdox saw that tutorial belltower on his stream.

I think 6000 m, or 6000 meters would be more accurate.  I mean, you could walk to the bell tower from some tutorial area where you first heard it. 

Huey wood wrote:

In the end, does anyone know how to obtain absolute coordinates when playing the game? Is there any way to be born as a fertile Eve in the tutorial area? It will achieve more amazing work if it is possible.

I think I remember reading on the discord that at some point in the past, birthing children from a tutorial area was possible.  But, that no longer works.

However, you can play as twins, triplets, or quads in a tutorial area.  To do so, one player either has a brand new account, OR one player logs into a tutorial area, but does not light a torch.  Then everyone logs in using the 'friends' screen and a twin code like how twins otherwise work.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#3 2024-01-13 16:14:49

Huey wood
Website

Thx for your reply.

Spoonwood wrote:

I think 6000 m, or 6000 meters would be more accurate.  I mean, you could walk to the bell tower from some tutorial area where you first heard it.

Although there is a bell tower in tutorial area, I think it isn’t frequently used. The 6 million meters is exact. Ya, I mean it is from the normal town, 6km away from the tutorial area. It certifies that the area is in the main server. It’s amazing for noob like me who never know this.  LOL

Spoonwood wrote:

However, you can play as twins, triplets, or quads in a tutorial area.  To do so, one player either has a brand new account, OR one player logs into a tutorial area, but does not light a torch.  Then everyone logs in using the 'friends' screen and a twin code like how twins otherwise work.

That is a good idea! Thx for your suggestion. Nobody of my friends play this game. I have tried to recommend OHOL to them. /SAD Maybe I can make friends from this game. But it’s so hard for me to instantly communicate with a foreigner. (Many international software and APP are forbidden in my country.) Anyway, I wish I can succeed, somebody have said “I trust you” to me in the game. I will try to make more contacts with them if I see them again.

#4 2024-01-13 17:06:22

Spoonwood

You're welcome.

Danish Clinch.

#5 2024-01-16 00:03:44

Rinaiffer

grimace

I am only here, because of Windows 98.

#6 2024-01-16 15:51:18

Cupit

I'm very new to the game but this post inspired me to play with the tutorial a bit more. While I was working out how to craft an axe, a person runs up to my wall with an axe and releases me! I ran off with them to their tutorial section and we "played" together for a few minutes before I died to old age.

Was that you, Huey?

#7 2024-01-16 16:38:31

Huey wood
Website

Cupit wrote:

I'm very new to the game but this post inspired me to play with the tutorial a bit more. While I was working out how to craft an axe, a person runs up to my wall with an axe and releases me! I ran off with them to their tutorial section and we "played" together for a few minutes before I died to old age.

Was that you, Huey?

In fact, there are usually about fifty players in the game at the same time. I think the number of players who playing in the tutorial area is less than five, but the number of tutorial unit is about 240. It's hard to find a guy in tutorial area. I never succeed to interact too much with someone here.

So, I think you and the guy were very lucky, such an amazing experience! I very envy this, LOL. The atmosphere of this game is very nice. I believe you will get more interesting memory in it. Wish I can meet you one day~

#8 2024-01-16 18:33:55

Cupit

What about the second tutorial solo challenge area? Do you have any information on that? Is that also part of the same map?

#9 2024-01-16 18:50:00

jinbaili83

Yes, same map but players are spread over bigger area. No chance to find others.
It seams players being born in 2 tutorial make 1 tutorial skip a cell so next player to spawn is not directly above previous one.

#10 2024-01-17 15:33:58

Huey wood
Website

Cupit wrote:

What about the second tutorial solo challenge area? Do you have any information on that? Is that also part of the same map?

The second tutorial area is in the east side of the first, at least 400km. It seems to be a square area of 100km * 100km. Although the distance between the closest sections is lower than 3000m, them mabey appeared in different time. Moreover, it's very easy to lose direction in this area. So I think it is nearly impossible to meet others in there.

#11 2024-01-17 15:41:02

Huey wood
Website

By observing the onemap, I find there are many new roads appearing in the tutorial area! Are someone did it after reading my topic? Recently, I do the same when I am idle. Maybe one day we can finish the construction from north to west.

#12 2024-01-17 16:37:43

Cupit

Can you travel to the tutorial areas from the main map and build a real town close by? Or is it too far to be possible?

#13 2024-01-17 17:16:22

jinbaili83

Too far. In past players would make landing pad for airplane in tutorial area but flight distance is now limited.

#14 2024-01-20 20:20:31

Spoonwood

A belltower cannot get rung from a tutorial area.

Danish Clinch.

#15 2024-01-26 17:22:39

Huey wood
Website

Spoonwood wrote:

A belltower cannot get rung from a tutorial area.

It seems true. Today I play in the tutorial area again. Someone has made a long road in the east side. I went south along the road and arrived the bell tower. It's a ringable bell, but I can't ring it.

Board footer