One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-11-12 01:08:28

DopiePanda

Website with full interface for looking at curses, forgives and trusts

Hey everybody, thought this might be a good place to post more information about the website I have created.

OholCurse Functionality Overview

You can find the website at:

https://oholcurse.com/

To register an account you click the "Auth"-button in the top right of the website. This will open the following modal:

OholCurse Authorization Modal

From here you need to copy the challenge key. This key you paste into the "Services" screen you can find on the main menu of OHOL;

OholCurse Authorization Services Menu

After this you can choose a username and password that you will use for future logins.
Once you have registered your account you will have access to the dashboard. Here you will have
an overview over all friends and enemies profiles you have saved.

OholCurse Dashboard Page

To access the "Latest interactions" portion and the shortcut button to your own profile, you need to upload your YumLog.txt-file (YumLife users only)
Just scroll down on the dashboard page untill you see the button labeled "Upload YumLog"

OholCurse YumLog Upload

You can find your YumLog in the same folder you have installed YumLife

OholCurse YumLog Location

All curse reports will attempt to verify against the data from the public log files, and all verified reports will be searchable from the search page.

OholCurse Search Interactions

And will also be visible on the cursed players profile.

OholCurse Player Reports

On each player profile you can also find an full overview over the lives each players have lives (from 13th of July untill today)

OholCurse Player Lives

As well as a full overview over everyone who have cursed them, everyone they have cursed, everyone who have trusted them, everyone they have trusted, and everyone who have forgiven them and everyone they have forgiven

OholCurse Player Interactions

To add someone as a new friend/enemy, simply click the grey star next to the players leaderboard name at the top of the player profile page;

OholCurse Add New Contact

We also have a daily, weekly and all-time leaderboard that updates daily.

OholCurse Leaderboard Page

And a name generator / dynamic search with all 60+k female names, 30k+ male names and 150k+ last names.

OholCurse Name Generator

To view all time and dates in your own local timezone, you can set your timezone in the profile settings, as well as changing theme between light and dark mode.
It should default dark mode to the system preference, so if you have enabled dark mode on your computer or phone, it should default to it.

OholCurse Profile Settings

I'm always open for questions and suggestions if you have any!
And I hope the website can bring you some joy smile

Last edited by DopiePanda (2023-11-12 13:03:39)

#2 2023-11-12 08:53:45

selalov734

Re: Website with full interface for looking at curses, forgives and trusts

Wow this looks like a lot of work, very impressive!

How long have you been working on it?

#3 2023-11-12 12:10:32

DopiePanda

selalov734 wrote:

Wow this looks like a lot of work, very impressive!

How long have you been working on it?

Started working on it at the start of July (:

#4 2023-11-12 23:16:24

Arcurus

wow looks really effortful!
Would love if i had a that great statistics website for my custom server. http://openlifereborn.com/
In which language did you write it?

Is there a list for family names? Or did you user your own?

By the way, did not yet look into how OHOL does the authentication. Do you by chance know how a normal client authenticates the login?

Last edited by Arcurus (2023-11-12 23:17:30)

#5 2023-11-12 23:59:37

DopiePanda

Arcurus wrote:

wow looks really effortful!
Would love if i had a that great statistics website for my custom server. http://openlifereborn.com/
In which language did you write it?

Is there a list for family names? Or did you user your own?

By the way, did not yet look into how OHOL does the authentication. Do you by chance know how a normal client authenticates the login?

Thank you very much big_smile
I can probably open up the repository on GitHub and write a readme there. But need to double check that all of the migrations and such work first, since I might have changed something retroactively.

I could potentially add the extra admin functionality to manage (add/remove) servers too.
I'll note it down 8)

It's all written in PHP using the Laravel-framework, and css framework is Tailwind.

On the "Names" page you can search through all of the last names available (family names)
I used Jasons list of 150k, same for male and female first names. If you meant an overview over every family that has lived, then no, not yet, but that would also be a cool feature to add!

The authorization you do through the ohol Services menu I believe verifies your purchase through Steam and Jasons own records.
So there should be no issues as long as everyone on your server owns a copy of the game, and even if so, I can add an option to toggle normal registration using email/username too.

#6 2023-11-13 09:23:44

Arcurus

Did not know that Jason made also a list of all possible Family Names, thought they are completely free to choose.

Currently Open Life Reborn does not use an authentication yet. I Have written it fully new and did not implement authentication yet. Wonder how Jason implemented it. Guess server sends a challenge to the client and client then hashes that somehow with the secret and sends the hash back to the server, so i guess the server would need to have the secret too, or use Jasons API to verify it or?

Why do you need to have an login for your stats website, isnt all the data so or so public?

#7 2023-11-13 14:33:23

DopiePanda

Arcurus wrote:

Did not know that Jason made also a list of all possible Family Names, thought they are completely free to choose.

Currently Open Life Reborn does not use an authentication yet. I Have written it fully new and did not implement authentication yet. Wonder how Jason implemented it. Guess server sends a challenge to the client and client then hashes that somehow with the secret and sends the hash back to the server, so i guess the server would need to have the secret too, or use Jasons API to verify it or?

Why do you need to have an login for your stats website, isnt all the data so or so public?

You can find all of the name .txt-files in the "server" folder;
https://github.com/jasonrohrer/OneLife/ … tNames.txt

The athorization I'm using made by Jason recently was created soley for third-party applications like mine, as an alternative to OAuth.

Authorization between game client and game server I have very little knowledge on. But everything should be available in the source code, except secret keys.

You don't need to have a login to use the pag, as you can browse player reports and leaderboards without registering. You only need to register if you wish to add personal contacts, upload curse names from your YumLog, or if you wish to change the timezone all reports are displayed in to your local timezone, as well as changing between light and dark mode theme.

#8 2023-11-13 15:43:06

Arcurus

DopiePanda wrote:

You can find all of the name .txt-files in the "server" folder;
https://github.com/jasonrohrer/OneLife/ … tNames.txt

The athorization I'm using made by Jason recently was created soley for third-party applications like mine, as an alternative to OAuth.

Authorization between game client and game server I have very little knowledge on. But everything should be available in the source code, except secret keys.

You don't need to have a login to use the pag, as you can browse player reports and leaderboards without registering. You only need to register if you wish to add personal contacts, upload curse names from your YumLog, or if you wish to change the timezone all reports are displayed in to your local timezone, as well as changing between light and dark mode theme.

lol the legendary Kelderman family name is missing in the names file smile

If you want to add some display stuff for Open Life Reborn then let me know and i can implement some API to query the server.

Or in case you want to add your own NPC AI to Open Life Reborn let me know would love to have some different AI styles. Was even thinking about adding chat GTP support for AI talkings and maybe even let GTP change AI characters

#9 2023-11-13 23:46:04

DopiePanda

Arcurus wrote:

lol the legendary Kelderman family name is missing in the names file smile

If you want to add some display stuff for Open Life Reborn then let me know and i can implement some API to query the server.

Or in case you want to add your own NPC AI to Open Life Reborn let me know would love to have some different AI styles. Was even thinking about adding chat GTP support for AI talkings and maybe even let GTP change AI characters

We'll see what we can do for your server, I'll have to get on at some point at check it out:)

Haha, if I were to add an AI it would be "The Noob". He always asks how to do stuff, never listens to what you say, trying to axe sheep, and dies of hunger 95% of the time xD

Yeah implementing ChatGPT or even a locally hosted LLM model is definitely the future. You could host a LLaMA model locally if you have the specs for it. At least it will save you the OpenAI token cost smile

#10 2023-11-14 07:20:36

squishysquid

Arcurus wrote:

I don't have the link up right now, but remember when jason added the service code feature? the github issue jason explains it, hmac think it was sha256(I forget the hash algorithm)

It's the ticketserver component over in minorgems.

also really good work dopiepanda

Last edited by squishysquid (2023-11-14 07:35:18)

#11 2023-11-14 11:40:03

DopiePanda

squishysquid wrote:
Arcurus wrote:

I don't have the link up right now, but remember when jason added the service code feature? the github issue jason explains it, hmac think it was sha256(I forget the hash algorithm)

It's the ticketserver component over in minorgems.

also really good work dopiepanda

Thank you Squishy (: <3

And here is the link to the GitHub issue:
https://github.com/jasonrohrer/OneLife/issues/860

Thank you for proposing it squishy! Saved me from having to implement auth via. Steam.

#12 2023-11-14 12:02:03

Arcurus

DopiePanda wrote:

We'll see what we can do for your server, I'll have to get on at some point at check it out:)

Haha, if I were to add an AI it would be "The Noob". He always asks how to do stuff, never listens to what you say, trying to axe sheep, and dies of hunger 95% of the time xD

Yeah implementing ChatGPT or even a locally hosted LLM model is definitely the future. You could host a LLaMA model locally if you have the specs for it. At least it will save you the OpenAI token cost smile

lol yea a noob AI smile
Current NPCs can run a village more or less without help. They do YUM, feed YUM, take care of kids, do farming, composting, baking, pottery, even some basic smithing and most important keep a fire alife and defend against exiled players.
And they hunt down bears and wolfs and moskitos.

Board footer