One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-10-05 20:42:59

jinbaili83

About new animations in upcoming update.

Although I am overjoyed about the addition of new animations, I am afraid that there are hardly any applications for them.
Hand movements are not very visible and not very expressive and typing command by hand is not that fast and simple.

So far we have following gestures:
   point (now we just drop random object on place or bounce on item we want to point to),
   wait (is this idle anim for no player input ?),
   wave (probably the only useful one),
   here (???),
   up yours (does not look as cool as it sounds).

I suggests that community members propose their own gestures that will make the game more attractive and perhaps turn into mod that will replace the official ones for which there are no uses.

#2 2023-10-06 05:10:22

selalov734

Re: About new animations in upcoming update.

Can you do up yours as a baby? Why do you say it does not look as cool as it sounds?

I like the idea that everyone can create their custom gestures.
I think a gesture can just be a text file, that you can create with the editor.
Than you move this text file into a certain folder, in game you have access to all the gestures in this folder (plus default ones)
This way people can share gestures with each other.
The client would have to download gestures during a game if it encounters a custom one.

People would make inappropriate gestures but I think its worth it and it would be hilarious overall.

#3 2023-10-06 07:58:44

jinbaili83

Most optimal thing would be to bundle new community gestures with one of zoom mods because i don't think Jason will implement custom ones. That way bigger part of players can use it.

gesturest

There are some problems with making animations in this engine.
Input for continues motion is basically sine wave, to get more complicated motions one needs to use invisible dummy sprites to combine motions.
sine

Other issues are:
   hard coded positions of heads that change with age and will hide arms.
   torso of character is same for all ages.  If i make adult squat , baby model will move same distance down even tho its legs are much shorter.

There are probably more issues and challenges but update hasn't been finished yet.

#4 2023-10-06 10:21:46

selalov734

It does not look as cool as it sounds, you are right.

I want to see tiktok dances, jason improve the engine and make it happen!

Board footer