One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-07-27 18:13:16

Strilar

Can Jason or a moderator show forum rules? Let's be civil, not toxic.

This forum has been filled with rude comments, attacks, discriminatory language and spamming from a few users.

I've searched but can't find where the official rules or guidelines for forum behavior or posts, if there are none, then they should exist, since all forums and online games have them to prevent a toxic environment, everyone is free to give them feedback and opinions about the game, but should be nice about it and stop with the insults. Those who break said rules, should receive a warning and if they continue to disregard them, then be banned.

For reference, I found people quoting some of them here before, but i don't know where they are posted so here's what I found:

Jason wrote:

Update:  I've had kind of a change of heart about this.
In all of the main areas, you are a guest in my house.  Act like it.  Be nice.  Be welcoming.  Don't be mean.  Don't attack each other.   Don't shout.  Don't use offensive or inflammatory language that is out of step with the cultural climate here.  Don't be disruptive.  Don't clutter the space with stuff that's not about the game.  Don't troll.  Don't derail discussions with irrelevant points.  Don't repeat yourself.  One exception is off-topic, where you can post stuff that's not about the game, but still follow the rest of the rules.  Act like you would act if you were out in my backyard, where you're welcome to do some things that you wouldn't do inside my house, like play volleyball.  The other exception is the-street, which is totally unregulated.  Literally the public street.  Please take your anger and fights out there.  Mods, just ignore the-street.

Jason wrote:

Finally, questioning moderator decisions, or stirring up anti-moderator sentiment, is forbidden in the main chat areas.  Do not return from your timeout with guns blazing for the mods.  That is not being the best, nicest version of yourself that you can be.  You just got kicked out of my house for being impolite.  Don't come storming back in making accusations or demands.
You will just find yourself in another timeout.  Mods will not waste any time arguing with you or justifying their decisions.

I see these being violated every day here, and it's suffocating!
Having freedom of speech doesn't give anyone the right to be discriminatory to others on the streets or go to someone's house to insult them.

If people can't be respectful to each other, they shouldn't be welcomed here.
Let's extract the weeds from our garden to prevent them from ruining the good crops and promote a nice environment for everyone.

Last edited by Strilar (2023-07-27 18:14:23)

#2 2023-07-27 19:43:40

Tarr
Banned

Re: Can Jason or a moderator show forum rules? Let's be civil, not toxic.

I think it’s a little late in the games life cycle to be worrying about the forums being an actual active means of discussion. After the famous thread about not needing any of our suggestions the forums sort of nose dived. Banning the trolls wouldn’t do any good because they can just freely remake accounts and thus makes it a game of whack a troll.

The fact anyone is taking Hum serious when he’s posting on a Spoon parody account is hilarious. I get if you don’t know the history of the account but basically you’re just taking the bait by responding to it.

Jason is basically at the point of development where he is trying to clean up all the little bugs so he can make whatever finishing touches he wants for the game before stepping away to his next big project. No one knows what the big endgame is at this point but I’m looking forward to whatever he decides.

Stop responding to trolls whether it’s GodKingHum or Shady it’s just that simple lol. Jason doesn’t believe in heavy moderation to begin with. If you wanted to necro 100 threads to the front page I couldn’t ban you, Jason had me unban Spoon when I gave him a three day for necro spamming stuff from years ago to the front because he wanted to make some dumb argument to a two year old post.

TL;DR - Don’t respond to the trolls. Ez

fug it’s Tarr.

Board footer