One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-06-02 19:46:40

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Update: Rail Buffer

ubwvN35.png

I've finally made it through all of the submitted code issues this week, and I've started on the content issues.

You can now put a temporary buffer stop in the middle of a rail line as a stopping point for rail carts, allowing you to stop and load a cart before letting the cart continue onward.  Buffer stops can also be used as safe temporary end-caps for partially-built rail lines, allowing you to build a long line slowly over time while still using the completed portion.

Some finicky issues with rail construction have also been improved.

Automated road pavers now behave sanely when they are on their last (of 24) uses.  Before, they would stall and get stuck.  Now they can be correctly deconstructed into an empty plow.

There's new support for specially-containable items so they can go into more than one type of specialty container.  Currently, this only affects the bowl of water, which can now go onto both the Lab and Food tables, since it's used for both chemistry and food preparation.

And the mysterious and rare horse-cart duplication bug has finally been fixed.  Lots of people helped by providing pictures and videos of this bug occurring, so thank you everyone.

#2 2023-06-03 01:51:27

Marquis

Re: Update: Rail Buffer

jasonrohrer wrote:

…stop in the middle of a rail line…

Wohoo! Now we can do FIFO rail systems!

#3 2023-07-15 15:18:43

Marquis

Re: Update: Rail Buffer

Wait. So the buffer is just a fence, not a gate? I just assumed whatever it was you would click it and let one cart through.

What if it was a gate? You dig it in just like a fence and put a handle. Then it will open and close to let one cart through. I figure it’s more transitions, but would feel more like a system, to me at least.

Oh, how about right click for one cart, and left click for stays open?

On second thought, maybe simple is better.

Board footer