One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-11-09 14:42:44

alexaad

private server for friends

Hello! Sorry if this question has been asked before, but is it possible to make a OHOL private server for myself and a few friends? We're enjoying the game but thought it'd be cool to not have to restart our civilization every time we got off for the night. Is this possible? I imagine probably not but wanted to see if anyone knew a way!

As a note, I know there's a tutorial out there to make private single player servers, but I'm not sure if that would support multiple people.

Regardless, if anyone had any tips, I'd appreciate it! Tysm smile

#2 2022-11-09 18:30:06

Eve Troll

Re: private server for friends

Private servers are possible. There are also low population servers in the vanilla game you can join by changing the server you log into. If you die at 60 as an eve on a low pop server you will respawn as eve in the same place you died.

You could also join a fan made server like openlife reborn. Heres a link to their discord:

https://discord.gg/pXUSqZEd

#3 2022-11-10 00:32:11

Arcurus

Re: private server for friends

Eve Troll wrote:

Private servers are possible. There are also low population servers in the vanilla game you can join by changing the server you log into. If you die at 60 as an eve on a low pop server you will respawn as eve in the same place you died.

You could also join a fan made server like openlife reborn. Heres a link to their discord:

https://discord.gg/pXUSqZEd

thx Eve for linking the server. very much appreciated!
To try it out you just need to enter the IP: 37.120.188.155
Currently im working on Open Life reborn a lot to improve it, so feedback  is very much welcome.

Currently in Openlife Reborn you are born close to your old grave with at least a grave stone. So you should be able to work on your village with your friends. Also you can currently teleport to your graves with a gravestone using say: '!TG'.
Later if the AI works well teleporting will be deactivated or cost a lot of coins, yes there is a custom currency smile
Currently with say '!JH' you can jump to other humans if there are, this will too be deactivated once twinning is implemented. But for now it can be used to play together with some friends.

The idea is that you build some small village with an oven and so on and the Ai keeps then living there an making babies. So if you join back and have a nice grave close the chance to be born there should be near to 100% if there is a close fertile mom. The Ai could also build ovens and for on, but for now i let the humans decide how the permanent village stuff looks.

Its also quite easy to setup an own server at least according to Colin who tried it out wink

There is also the plan to make much better property management then on vanilla server to protect your stuff while being offline. Something in the direction of how Rust has it, or castle doctrine if you know some of Jason other games.

Board footer