One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-29 12:27:44

Reformed
Banned

The street chat is moderated?

Got a formal warning because I posted a pic of slinky on the discord. Apparently that is not allowed in the general channels. Though I see many photos of Jason posted and even edited to humiliate him. The warning stated not to disturb the general channels. So I posted it in #the-streets. I was banned in minutes. The photo wasn't derogatory or insulting. Shocking to me how ashamed/embarrassed slinky got of a picture of herself. But more shocking I have been in this discord for 3 years and haven't once seen the-streets moderated, people spew all kind of hate speech and vulgarity in there. In the #mod-rules and #the-street-warning it's clearly stated that its unmoderated chat.

Last edited by Reformed (2022-08-29 12:28:12)

#2 2022-08-29 17:48:26

Eve Troll

Re: The street chat is moderated?

The street has limits and must follow discord's community guidelines. People have infact done some messed up shit in the street and were banned, as well as the server getting threatened to be shut down by discord. Not sure if you violated the guidelines but in general its up to the mod's discreation to lay down the law. If you think it was unjust, email jason. Though I dont think posting other's photos without their consent is good practice. Jason is a public figure and his images are everywhere on the internet so people posting pictures arent worth much more than a google search someone could do. The difference is, i doubt Jason cares what people do with his image. Slinky clearly did, best to respect those feelings.

Board footer