One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-06-04 14:35:56

CelesticLeo

[Help] Awbz Private Sever

As a long-term player of this game, it has saddened me to see it not be as popular as it once was. I am also slightly frustrated by the reset in progress every time I play it. I understand the game is about teamwork and leaving a legacy behind, but I sometimes wish to see that legacy. I learned that some people make a private server with Awbz. When I downloaded the newest full windows version I got lost in what to do next.

Here are the steps I have done

- Downloaded Files
- Extract Files
- Change the Maximum age Life Span
- Set Eve Spawn Age
- Run "runServer.bat"
- Once I ran .bat it opened Command Prompt and the last line of text says
"Listening for Connection on Port #"

I then went and tried to open "OneLifeServer.exe" with the command prompt opened. The server command prompt ran and then quickly shut off.
Was I supposed to do something in the "runServer.bat" then shut it off then try running "OneLifeServer.exe"?

I loaded up all One life .exe in the main "OneLife_v365" folder but they all require me to log in.

I am very confused. I have only ever run a cursed forge modded Minecraft server before. Any help or guidance is very much appreciated!

Here is the only informational article I have found

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=9398

#2 2022-06-04 15:46:55

jinbaili83

Re: [Help] Awbz Private Sever

runserver.bat needs to be opened only once to create some files.
"Listening for Connection on Port #" means server is running and waiting for players to join. Run regular game or moded version to login.
Is server shuts down on its own probably map data is corrupted.
In OneLife/server/ find all database files *.db , delete them and restart OneLifeServer.exe
when shutting down server use Ctrl-C in console to avoid corrupting map data.

In login window try typing anything. Onelife/server/settings/ requireClientPassword.ini and requireTicketServerCheck.ini should be 0 so game does not verifies account.

Last edited by jinbaili83 (2022-06-04 15:54:15)

#3 2022-06-04 16:05:17

CelesticLeo

Do I run the purchased steam version or one of the programs that came in the zipped folder?

#4 2022-06-04 16:16:34

jinbaili83

one from the zipped folder, no need to mess with regular game. make sure you have checked "use custom server " and server name is localhost. that can be made inside game in settings page.

Last edited by jinbaili83 (2022-06-04 16:16:44)

#5 2022-06-13 20:29:24

CelesticLeo

Hey, I wanted to say thanks for the help! I finally figured it out with your info and the other article. I'm going to make a guide explaining how to do it for those who come after me! Thanks so much!

Board footer