You are not logged in.

#1 2022-04-30 09:20:10

Eve Troll

Mango Infused Cow Urine

Need I say more?

#2 2022-05-01 09:42:10

Wood

Re: Mango Infused Cow Urine

Jason's definitely forgotten this forum exists, I wonder why the mods still moderate.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

#3 2022-05-01 10:13:44

Laggy

Free Tacos, yes free!

#4 2022-05-01 16:57:02

Spoonwood

Eve Troll wrote:

Need I say more?

Yes.

Admittedly I'd say that, just to be a smart alec, but honestly in this case, what about mango infused cow urine?  This post is lacking context and clarification, and I don't recall any of your opinions on this subject, other than that I think you wore yellow clothes.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#5 2022-05-01 19:56:18

Eve Troll

I suppose it could be asked, is this method of making yellow dye represented properly?

The whole system surrounding cows could be up for debate.

Starting with mango infused cow urine. It without fail kills the cow. The maximum amount of urine you can collect from the cow is three bowls and there is no way of saving the cow. I have read on the situation and the process is to dehydrate the cow so it produces concentrated urine. Then the urine ia boiled down into a powder. The reports I read did highlight that it was a dangerous practice but it did not say it resulted in the death of the cow or that the death was necessary for the production of the urine. "Near starvation" was the term, not immediate death. Plus mango leaves are full of antioxidants and vitamins. They are not poisonous to cattle. I dont see why the cow must die for the production of yellow dye. Why can we not feed the cow after the urine is collected to save it?

That brings me to my next problem with cows. Corn. Corn is not a healthy food source for cows and results in a large number of health problems.

"Grains can accumulate in an animal’s intestines because they lack starch-digesting enzymes. Thus, a high- grain diet can promote an overgrowth of Clostridium perfringens, a bacterium associated with sudden death in feedlot cattle"

So why are cows fed corn instead of hay?

Last edited by Eve Troll (2022-05-01 22:16:45)

#6 2022-05-01 22:43:24

Spoonwood

Eve Troll wrote:

Why can we not feed the cow after the urine is collected to save it?

Hmmm... it does sound better if we had the option to save the cow from death, while still getting it's urine.

Eve Troll wrote:

So why are cows fed corn instead of hay?

I think corn is cheaper, because it's mass produced much more easily.  I'd have to check to know for sure.  I do seem to recall from attending some animal issue talks that most of the world's corn goes to feeding cattle, not people.  I think it was quite a bit more than 50%, but I don't recall any specifics on that matter.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

Board footer