One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-04-01 06:46:45

Spoonwood

live-dev-changes March 18th-March 31st

March 18th-March 30th No changes during that time period.

March 31st:

1. Engines changed to become unremovable from wells and iron mines.

2. A snipped pickling cucumber can get removed from a pickle crock so that a pickle crock can get moved.

3. Domestic garlic is edible at one pip sans yum.  A garlic bulb is not edible.  One needs to put a garlic bulb into a bowl, mash it, optimally with a round stone, and then pick out a garlic clove.  The garlic clove is edible at one pip.  Each bulb translates into a bowl of five cloves.  Efficiency wise this makes domestic garlic comparable to carrots extremely late generation, or in between peppers and tomatoes once both peppers and tomatoes yield only one pip sans yum.  Early game, sans yum, garlic is probably the most inefficient crop (though it's better than before) other than dill.

4. "Wildcard support on vog allow list."  I don't know what that means.

There was a note on the discord which said:

"Anyway, I have a little something cooked up... along with the engine fixes... but it's a little hidden.  Curious to see who will figure it out first."

Last edited by Spoonwood (2022-04-01 07:26:20)

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#2 2022-04-01 07:46:07

LonelyNeptune

Re: live-dev-changes March 18th-March 31st

We already know this.

#3 2022-04-01 08:15:28

Spoonwood

LonelyNeptune wrote:

We already know this.

Some people don't read the discord or would have come here first.  I remember DestinyCall saying that she doesn't go there.

Also, the analysis about the value of domestic garlic isn't on the discord, and I doubt everyone had thought that through before reading this (not that they necessarily should have).

Last edited by Spoonwood (2022-04-01 08:19:55)

Danish Clinch.

#4 2022-04-01 19:28:58

Booklat1

Spoonwood wrote:

March 31st:

2. A snipped pickling cucumber can get removed from a pickle crock so that a pickle crock can get moved.

3. Domestic garlic is edible at one pip sans yum.  A garlic bulb is not edible.  One needs to put a garlic bulb into a bowl, mash it, optimally with a round stone, and then pick out a garlic clove.  The garlic clove is edible at one pip.  Each bulb translates into a bowl of five cloves.  Efficiency wise this makes domestic garlic comparable to carrots extremely late generation, or in between peppers and tomatoes once both peppers and tomatoes yield only one pip sans yum.  Early game, sans yum, garlic is probably the most inefficient crop (though it's better than before) other than dill.

"Anyway, I have a little something cooked up... along with the engine fixes... but it's a little hidden.  Curious to see who will figure it out first."

wow, an actual update. Thx for posting Spoon, I prefer coming in here than the discord anwyay

#5 2022-04-01 21:11:30

Spoonwood

Booklat1 wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

March 31st:

wow, an actual update. Thx for posting Spoon, I prefer coming in here than the discord anwyay

You're welcome.

Danish Clinch.

#6 2022-04-16 14:15:47

Cogito

I liked your analysis of garlic, thank you.

#7 2022-04-16 20:07:39

Spoonwood

Cogito wrote:

I liked your analysis of garlic, thank you.

Thank you, and you're welcome.

Danish Clinch.

Board footer