One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-02-19 04:55:25

Goliath

As a new player, returning player?

What should I be looking for?
Should I be farming carrots? Baking? Smithing? Building?
How do I know where to begin?
Should I build a property fence?
Should I build a nursery, if there isn't one?
Should go exploring for a new village?

What is the meta now? Race cars? And roads?
I haven't seen any villages with houses and cars for each family.  I do kinda of agree that bears are the biggest griefers.

What are your thoughts, what should a new player learn first?
Which aspect of the game should you focus on? Farming, buildings, teching?

Teamwork makes the Dreamwork.

#2 2022-02-19 21:06:47

Eve Troll

Re: As a new player, returning player?

Teching is probably the most important part of the game. Specifically drilling oil with an engine. Farms often get neglected though and water runs out quickly. Collecting water from ponds in buckets and using wild soil is a good way to stretch resources. Race restrictions get in the way of a lot of tech and development so until you get your feet under yourself again I suggest focusing on stability oriented things like food, farming, cothes, firewood, and nursery building.

Pine trees dont take hungry work.

#3 2022-02-19 23:18:45

Goliath

Re: As a new player, returning player?

Eve Troll wrote:

Teching is probably the most important part of the game. Specifically drilling oil with an engine. Farms often get neglected though and water runs out quickly. Collecting water from ponds in buckets and using wild soil is a good way to stretch resources. Race restrictions get in the way of a lot of tech and development so until you get your feet under yourself again I suggest focusing on stability oriented things like food, farming, cothes, firewood, and nursery building.

Pine trees dont take hungry work.

Okay, im using https://onetech.info/ to tech but I don't know if there is a flow chart somewhere. I will have to look. Yeah I've heard about this race restrictions. That's kinda cool. Separate factions. That makes more sense then a chaotic scene of a bunch if random families.

I will definitely focus on food, farming, clothing, firewood making, and maintaining the nursery. Great tips. thank you.

Teamwork makes the Dreamwork.

Board footer