One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-11-29 23:10:08

CorkWood
Banned

Banned lol?

Imagine moderating a forum for a dead game. Not like it matters anyway. As you can see I'm too smart for the fedora wearing toddlers pretending to wield power.

#2 2021-11-29 23:20:37

LonelyNeptune

Re: Banned lol?

Forkwood was funny before you made 3 imitations and proceeded to spam with obviously handwritten stuff. At least I used AI, this is just trolling for the sake of trolling and makes the original look bad.

Just take the ban as a sign the party is over. I have.

#3 2021-11-30 12:10:31

WumboJumbo

LonelyNeptune wrote:

Forkwood was funny before you made 3 imitations and proceeded to spam with obviously handwritten stuff. At least I used AI, this is just trolling for the sake of trolling and makes the original look bad.

Just take the ban as a sign the party is over. I have.

You used AI? For which account?

#4 2021-12-02 00:22:53

BlueCramberry64

This made me loudly chuckle in the middle of the school library ngl. The fact that it is not satire makes it even better. Love it!

#5 2021-12-02 01:58:27

LonelyNeptune

WumboJumbo wrote:

Only Forkwood. I don't know who made the other accounts.

Honestly the biggest challenge of the project was needing to review Forkwood's posts before they went live because he tended to issue death threats and calls for genocide, which wasn't as funny as it sounds. I think it was because OHOL is a videogame with races in it and AI sees us constantly referring to "whites" or "blacks" and thinks that it's related to inflammatory white supremacy content online (GPT-3 is also trained from text on the internet at large). Forkwood also hated women but I don't know why.

I also had to skim the training text and remove the gratuitous amount of links in Spoon's posts because it confused Forkwood's results. And most numbers. While it would be totally Spoonwood to randomly report on server stats, Forkwood never seemed to get the hang of it and would just spit out random garbage.

#6 2021-12-02 02:05:02

Spoonwood

LovelyNeptune wrote:

While it would be totally Spoonwood to randomly report on server stats, Forkwood never seemed to get the hang of it and would just spit out random garbage.

40 total playing on the public servers when I finished reading this message.  38 on bs2, 1 on s1, 1 on s6.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2021-12-02 02:05:31)

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#7 2021-12-02 02:23:32

LonelyNeptune

Spoonwood wrote:

40 total playing on the public servers when I finished reading this message.  38 on bs2, 1 on s1, 1 on s6.

Alas, in this regard, the superior Spoonwood.

#8 2021-12-02 04:49:54

Eve Troll

This makes me happy

#9 2021-12-05 22:21:36

Arcurus

LonelyNeptune wrote:
WumboJumbo wrote:

Only Forkwood. I don't know who made the other accounts.

Honestly the biggest challenge of the project was needing to review Forkwood's posts before they went live because he tended to issue death threats and calls for genocide, which wasn't as funny as it sounds. I think it was because OHOL is a videogame with races in it and AI sees us constantly referring to "whites" or "blacks" and thinks that it's related to inflammatory white supremacy content online (GPT-3 is also trained from text on the internet at large). Forkwood also hated women but I don't know why.

I also had to skim the training text and remove the gratuitous amount of links in Spoon's posts because it confused Forkwood's results. And most numbers. While it would be totally Spoonwood to randomly report on server stats, Forkwood never seemed to get the hang of it and would just spit out random garbage.

great work! Should be easy to let the AI manually post some server stats from time to time and link some related content from the forum. So now we are save in case something happens to Spoon!

If you give me your paypal or charity to donate to i will give the reward.

#10 2021-12-05 23:29:04

Eve Troll

Can we get an AI for destiny and dodge as well?

I want an AI spoon, destiny, and dodge to debate with each other on here.

#11 2021-12-05 23:57:51

LonelyNeptune

Arcurus wrote:

great work! Should be easy to let the AI manually post some server stats from time to time and link some related content from the forum. So now we are save in case something happens to Spoon!

If you give me your paypal or charity to donate to i will give the reward.

Well the way OpenAI works is that you give Forkie a prompt that establishes the context of the conversation and he formulates a response. This is how he is able to hold a semi-coherent conversation and reply to people. It would be possible to write a script to grab server stats online, but if I put this in the prompt I don't think Forkie would know what the numbers are supposed to be.

It's more or less the same for forum links. I could probably create something to grab valid forum links but Forkie won't know that he's supposed to take those links verbatim and insert them into text he would otherwise be generating. Writing a script to take his generated text and inserting links myself is feasible, but seems against the spirit of AI. At that point I'm directly editing his responses.

Thanks for offering the reward! I would like it to go to autismspeaks.org if possible.

#12 2021-12-05 23:59:21

LonelyNeptune

Eve Troll wrote:

Can we get an AI for destiny and dodge as well?

I want an AI spoon, destiny, and dodge to debate with each other on here.

We could probably do it, unfortunately I think the mods are tired of the AI tomfoolery.

#13 2021-12-06 00:28:43

DestinyCall

I wish Project December supported AIs talking directly with  other AIs.  You can technically fake it, by running two AI and relaying their responses to each other.  But it is kind of clunky and annoying to play the middleman. 

AI Spoonwood vs AI Jason would be the grudge match of the century.

#14 2021-12-06 00:44:44

LonelyNeptune

DestinyCall wrote:

I wish Project December supported AIs talking directly with  other AIs.  You can technically fake it, by running two AI and relaying their responses to each other.  But it is kind of clunky and annoying to play the middleman. 

Human interaction plays a very important role in AI conversation. It keeps them grounded and guides them away from unwanted topics. Considering that all the previous conversation gets incorporated into the AI's prompt, a conversation between two AIs would form a feedback loop that would quickly become circular, even if you initially get some decent content.

#15 2021-12-06 03:21:10

DestinyCall

Sad but true.   Current AI is pretty amazing and interesting to interact with, but has its limits.  Playing around on Project December, I was impressed with what it could do and how it sometimes sounded "alive" ... but it was also very obviously not aware.  The best conversations definitely require you to choose your responses carefully and shepherd the AI in the desired direction, ignoring tangents and non-sequiturs.   

Fortunately, I have a lot of practice with handling AI thanks to my many spoon debates, so it is not that difficult.

#16 2021-12-06 03:37:24

Eve Troll

I bet mods would be fine with an AI jason just for the pure novelty of it. Maybe just dont make it so obviously a parody of him wink

Ide like to see what kind of updates it would want added to the game

#17 2021-12-06 04:19:09

DestinyCall

Now if we could just get our hands on an AI that could be trained to code like Jason, then we'd be all set.

#18 2021-12-06 10:37:55

Arcurus

DestinyCall wrote:

What a match, Spoon AI would post 10X a day vs Jason AI once or twice a year?

DestinyCall wrote:

Now if we could just get our hands on an AI that could be trained to code like Jason, then we'd be all set.

I hope that open AI would soon allow the public to use the text to picture function:

https://openai.com/blog/dall-e/

it shoud be able to use Jasons pictures as input to make similar images as output...

Does anyone have experience with it, or knows similar stuff that could work?

Last edited by Arcurus (2021-12-06 10:58:32)

#19 2021-12-06 10:55:47

Arcurus

LonelyNeptune wrote:

Thanks for offering the reward! I would like it to go to autismspeaks.org if possible.

Done!

Forkwood2.png

You can also have a donation card per mail if you want (if the link stays still valid)...

Last edited by Arcurus (2021-12-06 11:04:14)

#20 2021-12-06 12:19:03

LonelyNeptune

Arcurus wrote:
LonelyNeptune wrote:

Done!

https://i.ibb.co/xLnC5JM/Forkwood2.png

You can also have a donation card per mail if you want (if the link stays still valid)...

No worries, I believe you wink

Thanks a bunch!

#21 2021-12-06 13:58:23

DestinyCall

This is beautiful.   I love these forums.

#22 2021-12-08 01:51:09

WumboJumbo

DestinyCall wrote:

This is beautiful.   I love these forums.

This forum has basically been recycled. big_smile

"One man's trash is another man's treasure."

Board footer