One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#51 2021-12-16 07:47:22

Spoonwood

Re: Calling All Modders: Lets Fork OHOL

Laggy wrote:

I've reported this also with the following message:

"Involves a personal attack.  Specifically it says: "Trollwood suits him more.  Please don't feed the troll."  The rules say: "In all of the main areas, you are a guest in my house.  Act like it.  Be nice.  Be welcoming.  Don't be mean.  Don't attack each other.""

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#52 2021-12-16 10:30:20

Arcurus

jinbaili83 wrote:
Arcurus wrote:

In case some one wants to see the changes the custom server has to vanilla and the TODO what needs still to be worked on he can look in here:

https://github.com/PXshadow/OpenLife/bl … er/TODO.MD

Does server mentioned in this file has changes applied because i didn't notice anything new.

Yea i should for now remove the server from the file, its not updated. PX is running it. I will first finish more stuff before i set one up myself. PX is running a quite old version...

Mainly missing is combat, score, gates, High tech stuff like pipes / rails, better NPCs and a lot lot of testing...

Last edited by Arcurus (2021-12-16 10:51:54)

#53 2021-12-16 14:40:52

arkajalka

Spoonwood wrote:
arkajalka wrote:

Idc about text book definitions etc its just a play on words. But we are drifting away from my main point cause you want to argue about some wordings. The main point being: "mods are never gonna get big enough player base and just divide the already small base that we have."

Those other games aren't mods.

arkajalka wrote:

LMAO, whoever hurt you, hurt you bad. So bitter and always  trying to get some conflict going on. Get to therapy please and stop being asshole.

You don't know what you're talking about with respect to me.  Also, it's disrespectful to call someone else an "asshole" and tell them they need therapy.  I have not treated you with the same level of disrespect, so that you project here seems clear cut.

Sorry if i hurt you but it feels like you are in here just for the sake of argument and just skip the things that you cant deny. Theres yes yes mans and then theres the no no mans.

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#54 2021-12-16 14:45:50

arkajalka

Spoonwood wrote:
arkajalka wrote:

I've reported this.

The report I made says: "Involves a personal attack.  Specifically it says: "So bitter and always  trying to get some conflict going on. Get to therapy please and stop being asshole."  The rules say: "In all of the main areas, you are a guest in my house.  Act like it.  Be nice.  Be welcoming.  Don't be mean.  Don't attack each other."

LMAO
Damn i hit you somewhere deep.

Edit
Also you are yet again deriving from my actual point and going into cancel culture and personal attacks like trying to get my forum account banned. SHAME ON YOU.

Kill my account on this forum and you will lose 2k hour player from the whole game. I swear by mom that i will never come back again. You are killing this game by your toxic attitude.

murdered

Last edited by arkajalka (2021-12-16 15:03:32)

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

#55 2021-12-16 15:04:40

Laggy

Spoonwood wrote:
Laggy wrote:

I've reported this also with the following message:

Involves a personal attack.  Specifically it says: "Trollwood suits him more.  Please don't feed the troll."  The rules say: "In all of the main areas, you are a guest in my house.  Act like it.  Be nice.  Be welcoming.  Don't be mean.  Don't attack each other.""

Cambridges dictionary defines a troll as someone who leaves an intentionally annoying or offensive message on the internet, in order to upset someone or to get attention or cause trouble or message that someone leaves on the internet that is intended to annoy people.

Your clearly trolling.

A personal attack would be something personal, not acting like a troll.

Every person on this forum should know you do this.

I am just the messenger, and if you didn't act like a troll, you wouldn't get labeled as one.

BTW Spoonwood I'm gonna start reporting you for starting nonsense threads, and acting like a troll, an eye for a eye.

Last edited by Laggy (2021-12-16 15:40:24)

#56 2021-12-17 08:30:13

Coniculls13
Website

forman wrote:

I mentioned three fairly simple changes that would exponentially improve the game here:
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewt … p?id=10651

It's getting to a point where we may as well just fix the game ourselves.

I mostly just need someone who is familiar with the source, and knows where everything is, to walk me through the various files I need to edit.

I can do the coding myself, I just don't want to have to parse dozens of files to just make a few small changes.

This would all theoretically be done mid-late December after my term is over.

Please do come and say hi on Discord smile

Maintainer of Two Hours One Life - a curated OHOL server. Discord https://discord.gg/atEgxm7

#57 2021-12-17 09:40:40

Spoonwood

arkajalka wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:
arkajalka wrote:

I've reported this.

The report I made says: "Involves a personal attack.  Specifically it says: "So bitter and always  trying to get some conflict going on. Get to therapy please and stop being asshole."  The rules say: "In all of the main areas, you are a guest in my house.  Act like it.  Be nice.  Be welcoming.  Don't be mean.  Don't attack each other."

LMAO
Damn i hit you somewhere deep.

Edit
Also you are yet again deriving from my actual point and going into cancel culture and personal attacks like trying to get my forum account banned. SHAME ON YOU.

Forums like this one have rules to abide by.  Cancel culture doesn't exist when people break rules on forums and get reported for such.  I didn't advise any sort of ban, and would have only suggested a very short ban for your previous comment at most.  Also, cancel culture exists when there aren't rules and then someone tries to get such people banned.   

Again, shame on you for what you originally said.  Further shame on you for not taking responsibility for what you said here.

I'm also not deriving anything from your actual point.

Kill my account on this forum and you will lose 2k hour player from the whole game. I swear by mom that i will never come back again. You are killing this game by your toxic attitude.

arkajalka wrote:

All of these statements come as absurd.  Especially the last part as if what I write on the forums affects people such that they don't want to play again.

Simply put the game is stale at this point.  No new content in OHOL, other than two gimmicks which only lasted mere days, in what...  15 months now?  Like one family survives more than 24 hours these days.

The game wasn't designed to be a low pop experience.  But, it inevitably ends up that way, as could have gotten predicted.  No vision at all.

Danish Clinch.

#58 2021-12-17 09:52:31

LonelyNeptune

I advise that we all pretend we can't see his posts and get back on topic.

#59 2021-12-17 09:54:12

Spoonwood

Laggy wrote:

Cambridges dictionary defines a troll as someone who leaves an intentionally annoying or offensive message on the internet, in order to upset someone or to get attention or cause trouble or message that someone leaves on the internet that is intended to annoy people.

Your clearly trolling.

No, I have not had the intention to upset people or get attention or cause trouble or annoy people.  I have said in the course of this thread that certain words don't make sense, with the intent that people may learn.  Teachers or those who say "no, that's wrong", are not trolls, and basically I have either taught or said "no, that's wrong".

Laggy wrote:

Every person on this forum should know you do this.

There exist plenty of people, including myself and many others, who know that I do not have such an intent as you have imputed to me.

Laggy wrote:

I am just the messenger, and if you didn't act like a troll, you wouldn't get labeled as one.

You would do better if you could admit that you and others could be wrong, and that some people will say something is wrong when they view or know something is wrong.

Also, how would you be the messenger about someone else's intent Laggy?  Intent is subjective in nature, not objective.  Intent is not a shared experience, intent consists of a personal experience.  Almost always, the other person has knowledge of *their* intent, not you.  That's one reason why people get to defend themselves in courts of law, because knowledge of intent almost always resides only in the person who does an action, not those who interpret their action.

Danish Clinch.

#60 2021-12-17 10:20:23

Spoonwood

LonelyNeptune wrote:

I advise that we all pretend we can't see his posts and get back on topic.

I think that saying something like:

arkajalka wrote:

From my point of view these other versions of the core game dont pick up the wind. Also i feel like they just divide an already small player base. So i dont see myself ever supporting any of them.

does not support the original proposed project in the post, and on the contrary, seems like an attempt to dissuade people from doing such.

On the contrary, saying that games like You Are Hope or 2HOL qualify as "the real game", comes as consistent with supporting people forking OHOL as proposed in the original post, since by such reasoning such forks would have as much claim to be "the real game" as any other game.

Danish Clinch.

#61 2021-12-17 13:56:31

Laggy

Once again, Spoonwood you annoy me.

So therefore you are a Troll.

You have to realize that nitpicking peoples grammar is a Troll move,

Take it to whomever you think cares.

Your INTENT in life is to derail threads.

Most of the forum should realize your are a Troll.

The moderators and Jason both know this, now you know also.

It's not just me!!!

Last edited by Laggy (2021-12-17 14:11:37)

#62 2021-12-17 21:38:41

fug

Yeah yeah I see the reports folks. Can't ban people for derailing threads otherwise that problem would have been solved ages ago.

You guys should know by now Spoon is not going to argue with you in good faith so I recommend talking with AI spoon. At least then you might actually get some reasonable responses back lmao. Lets try to play nice with each other or at least ignore each other.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#63 2021-12-18 04:18:58

Spoonwood

Laggy wrote:

Once again, Spoonwood you annoy me.

So therefore you are a Troll.

No, that doesn't follow.  You being annoyed, doesn't indicate someone else's intent.

Laggy wrote:

You have to realize that nitpicking peoples grammar is a Troll move

No, I don't realize that.  Again, teaching or informing people of when they are wrong, is not trolling.

Laggy wrote:

Your INTENT in life is to derail threads.

Stop trying gaslight me about my intent.  Again, my intent in this thread has been to correct people.

Laggy wrote:

Most of the forum should realize your are a Troll.

They should realize that my intent has been to correct people in this thread.

Laggy wrote:

The moderators and Jason both know this, now you know also.

It's not just me!!!

No, they don't.  You also can't inform someone of them trolling as if it were something new to them.  Trolling requires intent as the definition you posted saying, and that implies that when someone trolls, they know what their intent is.

Danish Clinch.

#64 2021-12-18 04:23:07

Spoonwood

fug wrote:

You guys should know by now Spoon is not going to argue with you in good faith so I recommend talking with AI spoon.

No one should know this.

You fail yet again to take me seriously, because you lack the imagination to think that I believe what I say.  You also lack the ability to see someone else's point of view as their own apparently.  You also have a habit of refusing to read what I write, which shows that you don't even understand what I have claimed.

fug wrote:

Lets try to play nice with each other or at least ignore each other.

Then stop accusing someone of "bad faith" when they disagree with you fug or have ideas that you disagree with.  It certainly isn't nice to claim that someone else acts in "bad faith" in general and especially when they elucidate their position at length, as I have on many occasions.

Danish Clinch.

#65 2021-12-18 13:39:01

Laggy

Spoonwood conversing with you is like getting a lecture from a five year old.

Adults be like, ya, ok, and forget what you said.

FluxBB bbcode test

Last edited by Laggy (2021-12-18 13:58:32)

#66 2021-12-18 15:07:51

Spoonwood

Laggy wrote:

No, I'm not like that.  And I am an adult, so, no adults are not like that.  For the record I'm almost Jason's age, which I suspect makes me one of the older people on these forums.

Danish Clinch.

#67 2021-12-18 15:57:26

Laggy

Spoonwood wrote:
Laggy wrote:

No, I'm not like that.  And I am an adult, so, no adults are not like that.  For the record I'm almost Jason's age, which I suspect makes me one of the older people on these forums.

Just because your an adult doesn't change the fact that you have the logic of a kid.

Don't be sad, alot of adults never learned how to properly communicate.

#68 2021-12-20 19:20:01

arkajalka

pigeon

#69 2021-12-20 19:34:03

DestinyCall

Pigeons be trolling.

#70 2021-12-23 03:42:45

WumboJumbo

forman wrote:
jinbaili83 wrote:

Is this plan still valid ?

I'm going to take a look at it starting next week.

Well, what have you accomplished since then? I'm interested in knowing more! big_smile

#71 2021-12-23 03:49:34

WumboJumbo

Woah! This thread has been derailed beyond belief and repair.

Duty Calls! big_smile
Duty Calls

Last edited by WumboJumbo (2021-12-23 03:50:09)

#72 2021-12-25 16:38:05

Arcurus

Want fix combat these days, then a demo may come...

#73 2021-12-27 07:45:28

forman

WumboJumbo wrote:
forman wrote:
jinbaili83 wrote:

Is this plan still valid ?

Well, what have you accomplished since then? I'm interested in knowing more! big_smile

I was going to do it but I'm leaving the country in a few weeks and don't have time for this.

Also, a simple solution to biome lock is to just leave the family you are born into or suicide and /die your way into whichever race you need.

This is very easy for rubber -- if you are black go to the brown town and vice versa.

Unfortunately, almost all of your game time may be spent making rubber/getting horses but at least the game is playable.

#74 2021-12-29 03:51:18

WumboJumbo

forman wrote:
WumboJumbo wrote:
forman wrote:

I was going to do it but I'm leaving the country in a few weeks and don't have time for this.

Also, a simple solution to biome lock is to just leave the family you are born into or suicide and /die your way into whichever race you need.

This is very easy for rubber -- if you are black go to the brown town and vice versa.

Unfortunately, almost all of your game time may be spent making rubber/getting horses but at least the game is playable.

Oh well... sad

Board footer