One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-11-07 04:27:13

QuirkySmirkyIan

The Spices Update - Idea

What this update will do is allow every food to be allowed to be spiced. The spiced food will give an additional yum multiplier greater then 1x depending on the type of spice. To make this not crazily overpowered it will act like berry and berry in a bowl. This means you can only eat 1 of the base food and you will want to either eat a spiced food for it and get the bonus or if you eat a regular you will not for that life for that food.

The 4 Spices - x Values

Salt - 1.25x
Peppercorn - 1.5x
Cinnamon -1.75x
Truffles - 2x

(Yes they will stack with cravings so a craving for a X food and then you add lets say truffles to it would give 4x multiplier. 2x2)

Salt
To use salt as a spice you would get a bowl of salt and sprinkle it on food I think it should have 4 or 5 uses.

Peppercorn
Same as salt but should have 3 or 4 uses

Cinnamon
You would find a cinnamon tree in the jungle and get its cutting like a mango. It would require a bucket of water and basket of soil and have the same mango tree properties. (Could only be grown in jungle.) Except the tree would not fruit just would be more expensive to grow. Then once it grows after several hours you can use an axe to harvest the cinnamon bark to get the cinnamon then cut the tree down for wood.

Truffles
These would be rarer then gold and wild garlic and be one of the rarest wild objects. They would spawn in the grasslands and you would need a shovel to dig them up. They cannot be farmed but could be dug up very rarely as a delicacy.

Optional Truffles
Depending on Jason we could potentially make it so pigs that are lassoed could dig up truffles thus allowing farming of them. Maybe like a 0.001% chance dig them up so you would have to walk 1000 tiles with a pig to get 1 or find them naturally.

Jason's Note: You have claimed in previous posts that you do not want to add a whole bunch of odds and ends that have little value and won't always be crafted after a few weeks. Well with this update it will not only introduce new game improving mechanics. It will revitalize existing content as well as adding new useful content that I can guarantee will be sought after for countless generations. To further improve the reasoning of adding this as an update it would drastically boost the jungle family thus encouraging trade between the families to get the spices. On a final note you would only have to draw the cinnamon and truffle sprites and possible pigs digging things. So it should be relatively simply content update and more on the coding side.

Open gate now. Need truck to be more efficient!

#2 2021-11-07 11:46:21

Dodge

Re: The Spices Update - Idea

I'll have "cinnamon fries" with a large slice of "peppercorn berry pie" and some "truffle flavored mangoes"

#3 2021-11-07 13:11:09

Spoonwood

Dodge wrote:

I'll have "cinnamon fries" with a large slice of "peppercorn berry pie" and some "truffle flavored mangoes"

Don't knock it until you've tried it Dodge.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#4 2021-11-07 13:18:56

QuirkySmirkyIan

Dodge wrote:

Cinnamon fries actually sounds good.

#5 2021-11-07 13:52:11

Dodge

I'll pass but go ahead and let me know, might even be the next culinary trend.

#6 2021-11-08 02:23:53

JasonZ

No, We need the ability to move houses.

#7 2021-11-08 07:46:15

jinbaili83

You can make walls out of doors and move them around in truck.

#8 2021-11-08 19:27:47

QuirkySmirkyIan

JasonZ wrote:

Why not both?

#9 2021-11-09 06:02:17

JasonZ

QuirkySmirkyIan wrote:
JasonZ wrote:

Why not both?

This is true, Spiced moving boxes.

Board footer