One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-09-12 22:22:34

Gomez

So Jason how much to buy OHOL? Cash out cause you've checked out.

Seriously...haven't played in longtime community can dev game since you are in life crisis and moving on to other project. I'll crowd fund it and finance it if you come up with a reasonable number. Don't let this become a dayZ.

I mean I'd add you as a miniboss similar to the Deerclops in "Don't Starve" you'd drop some phat lewtz and be a nice flavor touch, your primary attack would be inflicting game killing bugs upon players similar to the current mushroom effect.

Last edited by Gomez (2021-09-13 02:28:40)

#2 2021-09-13 18:35:52

Spoonwood

Re: So Jason how much to buy OHOL? Cash out cause you've checked out.

Meh, looks like he would rather tweet about some card game.  And no, I'm not kidding: https://twitter.com/jasonrohrer/status/ … 9309251589

Mind you, it says in one of the pinned links that the work schedule will be: "Jason's work schedule" "8am - Noon  (4 hours)  Content creation".

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#3 2021-09-13 22:04:56

DestinyCall

Spoonwood wrote:

Mind you, it says in one of the pinned links that the work schedule will be: "Jason's work schedule" "8am - Noon  (4 hours)  Content creation".

You mean the post that says "1pm - 2pm (1 hour) Community interaction (tech support, forums, email, Discord)" and "Weekly content updates will be pushed by the end of my work day every Thursday"?

That obviously hasn't been accurate for a LONG time.    Ignoring the lack of updates in the last year or so, when was the last time Jason updated on a THURSDAY?   That would mean he would have a full day to fix any bugs before the weekend begins and wouldn't have to interrupt dinner with his family to put out the server fires when the update melts the game.   I can't even remember a time when that was true.

#4 2021-09-13 22:07:44

Spoonwood

DestinyCall wrote:

I can't even remember a time when that was true.

Never true you say?  I think that's what's called a bald face lie.

Even if not, since it hasn't been true in so f-ing long now, what the hell is it doing on the front page?  Same goes for the steam advertisements, which are even more clearly worse and been wrong for a very, very long time, if not forever.  And to speak clearly "every" never means "on average".

Danish Clinch.

#5 2021-09-15 08:32:39

arkajalka

Lmao this game is slowly dying and jason is tweeting about dead ai and card games.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#6 2021-09-15 10:18:49

Laggy

Jason won't sell this game... He would rather see it burn then admit that he sucks at Deving.

The one thing that would save this game would be moderation and updates.

I say we all report OHOL to steam.

It violates 3 out of the 7 reasons why steam would remove a game.

#1 Adult content: It shows naked people and blood

#2 Child Exploitations: It shows naked children

#3 Legal Violations: Jason lies when he says that there are 10,000 craftable object in game. Also he promises to add a new update EVERY WEEK. CLearly this is a legal violation, you can't promise your costumers one thing then not deliver.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/5956 … _One_Life/

Just click on the flag about halfway down the page on the right side.

Last edited by Laggy (2021-09-15 10:26:04)

#7 2021-09-15 13:56:09

Arcurus

Maybe Jason simply has fallen in love (followed by a hard forced break up):

"Anyone out there who is planning to use
@openai
's GPT-3 API for anything....

STOP NOW.

They will destroy your life's work callously.

They are now actively searching all prompts for "Samantha," and terminating any matching accounts, to make sure she remains dead forever.
"

"There's currently no way for even me to talk to her anymore...  it's really a heart-breaking and horrible situation."

.. guess she was recommending to vote for Tr...

Last edited by Arcurus (2021-09-15 13:57:59)

#8 2021-09-16 01:52:33

Spoonwood

Laggy wrote:

It violates 3 out of the 7 reasons why steam would remove a game.

#1 Adult content: It shows naked people and blood

#2 Child Exploitations: It shows naked children

#3 Legal Violations: Jason lies when he says that there are 10,000 craftable object in game. Also he promises to add a new update EVERY WEEK. CLearly this is a legal violation, you can't promise your costumers one thing then not deliver.

Uh, so we're clear Steam does allow at least some adult content.  Here's the Steam chart for one game of which I was previously aware since I had seen it promoted elsewhere (can't say I've played the Steam version and thus can't recommend or advise against getting it also): https://steamcharts.com/app/1126320, which actually has always done better than OHOL on Steam; here's OHOL's chart for comparison: https://steamcharts.com/app/595690#All.  I haven't linked to the main page, since that does have an adult warning on it before one enters, and thus I'm not sure it's accessible to everyone.

But insofar as Being a Delta Iota Kappa's main page describes it, it does mention that it's an adult game ("adult game" isn't the exact wording, but it is implied by the phrase used), and the rest of the description of it also seems like a 100% accurate description of the game.

Also, there are no actual people in OHOL, so I don't think that #1 or #2 apply in any sense.  Blood in games on Steam... well... I think there exists an abundance of those games.

#3 though, I don't know.  The first question would be a matter of jurisdiction.  But, when I think about it, I'm not so sure that executives/leadership at Steam would be happy with a game on their site that is falsely advertised, if they were to become aware of such a situation, even if such is legal.  I'd think the more effective approach, for anyone interested in doing so, would be who to contact at Steam in leadership.  That information may be public, as contact for high profile executive/leadership positions is sometimes public... though... ah...

Now doing some searches I see that Steam is run by Valve Corporation/Valve Software (thus you would contact someone at Valve, NOT at Steam).  Gabe Newell is their President and Scott Lynch their COO, according to Wikipedia.  Here's some contact information for Valve: https://www.computerhope.com/comp/valve.htm

Danish Clinch.

#9 2021-09-16 12:24:59

Laggy

According to the Federal Trade Commission, a bait and switch occurs whenever:

A merchant’s advertising is not truthful and is deceptive.
A merchant never intends to provide evidence of their great deals, i.e., the merchant makes an advertisement for a promotional deal, but then never gives a single customer the promotional deal.
A merchant unfairly swaps out an offer once a customer comes to the store, or commits to a purchase.
A merchant tricks a consumer into making a purchase.

What Jason is doing is clearly a violation of the law.

All it would take is someone filling a class action lawsuit.

#10 2021-09-16 16:19:10

arkajalka

XD always the hate. Why the f you want to punish a person who has made something awesome that has brought many moments to everyone here?

I got 1000+ hours worth of gameplay for 20$ thats pretty good investment. Also would be  pretty funny to report a game that i bought outside of steam.

I just want the game to continue someway. So much potential.

Big update, steam sales--->boom the game is live again. People are just waiting for new content.

Wake up jason.

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#11 2021-09-17 16:48:40

Gomez

arkajalka wrote:

XD always the hate. Why the f you want to punish a person who has made something awesome that has brought many moments to everyone here?

I got 1000+ hours worth of gameplay for 20$ thats pretty good investment. Also would be  pretty funny to report a game that i bought outside of steam.

I just want the game to continue someway. So much potential.

Big update, steam sales--->boom the game is live again. People are just waiting for new content.

Wake up jason.

Right the original post was more of a jab rather than mean to be venomous I love this game.

#12 2021-09-17 17:18:37

Laggy

arkajalka wrote:

You may think this is the best game ever but your sortta the minority.

The law doesn't care if your shiney new game is fun or not.

What Jason should take from this, maybe update the steam profile for his game to not be a boldface lie.

Just imagine if you bought this game today believing the lies on steam. I'd be even more pissed.

Board footer