One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-08-09 22:53:57

-Ian-

Infinite oil

People always have to move to find new sources of oil, so anything that is made is inevitably abandoned, and the whole experience of “Building on what past generations have made” is ruined.

However, I believe there is a solution to this: Infinite oil.

If oil wells could pump out oil forever, then we could easily have megacities since people don’t have to move around all the time, and I feel like the game would be much better to play.

Of course, Another solution would be to make moving cities a thing

#2 2021-08-09 23:27:30

Laggy

Re: Infinite oil

How about make iron, water, heck even food infinite? LOL

But to be honest, Eve spawns keep creeping west making it unreasonable to travel back to main cities.

Also, half the people in this game  (myself included) would rather live in an eve village without food, then live in a large city.

#3 2021-08-10 00:34:47

Spoonwood

It was better when tarry spots didn't deplete, and to speak clearly, once in OHOL tarry spots didn't deplete.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#4 2021-08-10 08:51:47

DestinyCall

This game has always struggled with what to do with its "end game".    Early game feels solid.   Making an Eve camp.  Building it into a small village.  That is pretty good.  The problem is ... what next?   Older towns struggle to maintain the same sense of purpose and progression that you see in younger villages.    The longer we stay in one spot, the bigger the problem gets, so the current solution is basically to never stop moving.   Old families die out and get replaced by new ones, so we never settle down for too long.

But this is a multi-generation game about civilization building and parenting.   We SHOULD be able to settle and revisit the village later on to see how it has progressed.  We WANT to have a connection to our village's past and its future.  Endless cycling makes every village feel the same and like nothing really matters, because it will be gone by tomorrow.   It is a problem that hasn't really been solved to my satisfaction.

Board footer