One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-10 02:53:50

shirillz731

Can not download on mac

Got it to work for a bit then when I quit and reentered is said one hour one life could not be opened. Anyway, someone walk me through the steps to download on Mac. I download from the link, and drag the file to the little bar on the left that says applications. Then from there it seems to just keep repeating the “drag into your applications folder” message. I’d really hate to waste $20

#2 2018-04-10 05:15:24

Res

Re: Can not download on mac

Hey man, I'm in the same situation. Just downloaded it but it always give me the same "The application 'One Life' can't be opened". Sucks, because I was so excited to start playing. If it's any use for any dev reading this, it only started happening after the most recent update. Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: Just found a solution. Go to your applications folder, look for OneLife_v58b, then inside look for an application file called OneLife_v72. This is what was officially written down by the devs:

"Sadly, the Mac platform has become a real headache in recent years.

Unsigned applications, like One Hour One Life, are sandboxed or blocked from running entirely.  If you have a modern Mac, you are probably aware of the work-arounds to launch unsigned applications (right-click and then Open as opposed to double-click, maybe).

Furthermore, Apple does some kind of strange caching of applications that prevents updates from being applied.  Even after the application is updated with a new version, the old version will still run sometimes.

To work around this issue, I need to make a NEW application after every update.  This is called OneLife_vN, where N is the latest version number---for example, OneLife_v60.  After the update, you must run this new application instead of the old one.  In fact, the old one is no longer runnable.  I try to delete it entirely, but MacOS seems to prevent this from happening.  So a "ghost" application is left behind.  This is very confusing, but I can't find a better solution to this problem.

This is an application that updates itself.  MacOS seems to make this difficult."

Last edited by Res (2018-04-10 05:19:31)

#3 2018-04-10 15:14:56

shirillz731

Re: Can not download on mac

I can get it to work sometimes. I think I did the v72 thing, and I just kept playing till I was done then I got off. I feel like when I try to open it again today it will do the “One Hour One Life cannot be opened” again.

Board footer